Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teoarrk's concepts, lore and ideas thread, part 2 (Latest post - Where Part 9?)

Teoarrk

5 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

didn't want to do dodge rolling because thats already a mod dependant action. Blocking barely has any interaction so I went with it. It definitely isn't ideal, but the idea with these bosses is that these melee attacks will have indicators to show what can be blocked and what can't, sort of like For Honor link.

I played a bit of for honour , probably the best mechanic I've seen for duel style gameplay. Idk how I feel about that game , seens like it was desined for duels and made into a team game.

I really feel like blocking is not used because it's clunky ( the whole swords alone update kinda doomed melee in warframe because it tried its best to push melee away from gunplay instead of trying to integrate both. Seems like blocking as pushed as the feature to incentive having the melee weapon out but it also made blocking awkward . It also push unnecessarily fancy animations that push for massive attack speed builds to smooth out the gameplay. We still have problems due to this desing decision ( like the whole can't blocking while aimglide and the valkyr looses invincibility while aimgliding )

I really want to say yes to something like this. The weapon Ruk used while fighting the Emperor was an Orvius in a disc launcher. It wasn't stated by name since I forgot the name at the time and also because ... You know what, I think I'll do a choose your reward thing for the different weapons and the players can grind out the other options in the post quest invasions. The Sawcon will be added to the list.

Tough it was some king of super mire when I read . But the grineer did have acess ti the obvious so it makes sense  

6 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Yeah I don't know about Tyl. When he was reintroduced as a mad scientist, I expected him to be a massive Grineer w. Restored Grineer on the horizon, all manner of things. But instead, all he has done has been monologuing. I do not like that. I just want the man to do something, anything of merit beyond being Alad V without anything to his name. He should at least create one unbungled Grineer to show that he is more bite than bark.

Even if he had made the ghouls ( the biggest #*!% up on the grinner arsenal ) I would call it a w. But man the only units he has to his name is the maniac a unit the doesn't exist ( I don't even know I'd the still spawn ). I just wish the grinner at least had a medic unit that can purge debuffs and grant imunitty to that debuff so the grinner could not be foderized so easily. Give him the sealab aesthetic make him swole. That all it was needed.

And he has to come back to give dialogue during the most boring mission type that has been introduced in a while. Bad show, really.

It's defense 2. I think it a improvement but the unit selection of corpus and grinner ( I don't think I've seen a single elite spawn , scrambus , manics or bursas ) and diferent colour. Also the grinner never invade the corpus side and vice versa to the bridge does not fell like its really there.

I think it's a neat idea but the unit selection and the forces not bleeding over on the other side ruim the premise. I really feel like regor should just hire the corpus to attack you when on the corpus side ( I don't think the corpus give much of a shiet over the jeans ). He could smack talk than and just say he is paying x amount of money and them a elite corpus unit spawn ( some of the corpus railjack and fortune bs ) so the corpus side you be way harder fighting the grinner and mercenary corpus at the same time. It would help his characterization ( he has a axe to grind with the tenno ) and the corpus ( it's a mercenary faction , if you pay I'm your ally ).

Yeah for real. It was like he was changed by committee. 

I think he was changed when there was that story leak , did not even read it but this sounds like the kind of event that forces rewrites for the sake of being diferent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Yeah I don't know about Tyl. When he was reintroduced as a mad scientist, I expected him to be a massive Grineer w. Restored Grineer on the horizon, all manner of things. But instead, all he has done has been monologuing. I do not like that. I just want the man to do something, anything of merit beyond being Alad V without anything to his name. He should at least create one unbungled Grineer to show that he is more bite than bark.

I like that it's a defense mission that encourages you to be a little more mobile...

But, after some thought, I think I prefer Voruna survival, if only because the Lua Thrax Plasm is affected by resource boosters.

We could have Tyl take over an Orokin digsite of some kind, possibly staging a raid on the Orokin Digsite in Orb Vallis for the sake of owning Orokin geneforge, and we could see him making ever more insane mutant grineer. And tie in the Lake Orb. It'd solve that one dangling plot thread of "What's the deal with the Stuff Under the Orb Vallis?" and at the end of the day, he says "Tenno, they kept... a lot of things in that area. Warframe blueprints, for one thing" and that's how you tie it into the frame mission where you farm blueprints.

Actually, you know what else'd be cool? Finding an Old War era Grineer and trying to save them from their modern-day counterparts.

7 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I am all for that. I'll let you know when I have made my picks. 

If you need a reward, try the Tarvoss. It was originally designed to be raid gear.

tenno__tarvoss__prototype_burst_rifle_by

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keikogi said:

I played a bit of for honour , probably the best mechanic I've seen for duel style gameplay. Idk how I feel about that game , seens like it was desined for duels and made into a team game.

For Honor definitely was designed for 1v1's and was at it's best (at least initially) when you were fighting someone within the same weight class in an open area with no traps. Only, that wasn't most matches. Ironically, the ones without honor were the average player. 

I really feel like blocking is not used because it's clunky ( the whole swords alone update kinda doomed melee in warframe because it tried its best to push melee away from gunplay instead of trying to integrate both. Seems like blocking as pushed as the feature to incentive having the melee weapon out but it also made blocking awkward . It also push unnecessarily fancy animations that push for massive attack speed builds to smooth out the gameplay. We still have problems due to this desing decision ( like the whole can't blocking while aimglide and the valkyr looses invincibility while aimgliding )

I really hated blade alone. They should not have done what they did to the melee system, but they did anyway. 

Tough it was some king of super mire when I read . But the grineer did have acess ti the obvious so it makes sense  

13 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Oh, the War Prelate had that.

Even if he had made the ghouls ( the biggest #*!% up on the grinner arsenal ) I would call it a w. But man the only units he has to his name is the maniac a unit the doesn't exist ( I don't even know I'd the still spawn ). I just wish the grinner at least had a medic unit that can purge debuffs and grant imunitty to that debuff so the grinner could not be foderized so easily. Give him the sealab aesthetic make him swole. That all it was needed.

Or, dare I say it, those nullifier drones from Law of Retribution. It would be great seeing Grineer have more tools in their arsenal, as long as they give them more potential  to stick around for more than 1 hit. I'll give Tyl this much, Manics get i-frames so they last 2. 

It's defense 2. I think it a improvement but the unit selection of corpus and grinner ( I don't think I've seen a single elite spawn , scrambus , manics or bursas ) and diferent colour. Also the grinner never invade the corpus side and vice versa to the bridge does not fell like its really there.

I think it's a neat idea but the unit selection and the forces not bleeding over on the other side ruim the premise. I really feel like regor should just hire the corpus to attack you when on the corpus side ( I don't think the corpus give much of a shiet over the jeans ). He could smack talk than and just say he is paying x amount of money and them a elite corpus unit spawn ( some of the corpus railjack and fortune bs ) so the corpus side you be way harder fighting the grinner and mercenary corpus at the same time. It would help his characterization ( he has a axe to grind with the tenno ) and the corpus ( it's a mercenary faction , if you pay I'm your ally ).

My issues with it are threefold.

1. The payout for running the mission is terrible.
  2. It requires one or two dedicated runners and it does little to change itself up from being a regular defence beyond needing you to run through a corridor ever so often.
  3. It's mobile defence with a tiny sprinkle of Void Flood added without encouraging all 4 players to move at once. 

Yeah thats for sure. It needed to play up the fact that it's a multifactional mission. 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

But, after some thought, I think I prefer Voruna survival, if only because the Lua Thrax Plasm is affected by resource boosters.

We could have Tyl take over an Orokin digsite of some kind, possibly staging a raid on the Orokin Digsite in Orb Vallis for the sake of owning Orokin geneforge, and we could see him making ever more insane mutant grineer. And tie in the Lake Orb. It'd solve that one dangling plot thread of "What's the deal with the Stuff Under the Orb Vallis?" and at the end of the day, he says "Tenno, they kept... a lot of things in that area. Warframe blueprints, for one thing" and that's how you tie it into the frame mission where you farm blueprints.

Actually, you know what else'd be cool? Finding an Old War era Grineer and trying to save them from their modern-day counterparts.

I would love to see a Tyl Regor / Nef Anyo cross factional event. Seeing a cross faction event on Deimos and OV would help make them feel less one note. It's only plains that has a relevant occasional event after all. 

I would honestly want them to do the Old War Grineer thing. It would be a good chance for us to see how much Grineer have fallen and make us understand how much they've lost.

If you need a reward, try the Tarvoss. It was originally designed to be raid gear.

tenno__tarvoss__prototype_burst_rifle_by

I love the design, it's so ornate. It looks like the sort of thing you use to take on gods. 

15 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I would honestly want them to do the Old War Grineer thing. It would be a good chance for us to see how much Grineer have fallen and make us understand how much they've lost.

And it'd be interesting to see how Steel Meridian react to this guy! let's call them, uh... Shmeytok. They could give lots of interesting lore, explain how things changed for them towards the end of the Old War, and maybe they could say how they envied your ability to rebel.

Plus, it'd be a cool character focus thing that'd give some lore on how they see the current Origin System. And it'd likely end with you trying to shepherd them towards a Steel Meridian exfiltration point. we could also get to see Steel Meridian working with the Solaris, and some real interesting contrasts.

and also:

"Red Veil said they wanted to open you up and take a look at some of your genes, map out how you survived. I told them they could go screw. The Origin System is a broken machine that runs on blood, sweat, and tears, and we need all the allies we can to keep it from grinding up the weak."

15 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I love the design, it's so ornate. It looks like the sort of thing you use to take on gods. 

Quick primer on how it works:

1. It's six-round burst and holds 78 rounds.
  2. Landing the first five shots of a burst ensures that the sixth round of a burst does a guaranteed (elemental) status effect that the health type is weak to. 
  3. This is not connected to the base status chance (of 37%) so if you build it for viral and fire while fighting Infested, you might do a gas proc every sixth round fired, or corrosive proc.. in addition to the viral and heat. 
  4. You tap altfire for the scope.

On the one hand it only does 186 damage per burst, slightly less than the Quartakk, but with the guaranteed status effect I was a little afraid of adding even more damage. It was originally for The Legion of Tau by almighty_jado, but he never got around to using it. And nobody owns the rights to this stuff, not even really me, so why not lol

Also, it's inspired by the weirdest goddamn bullpup ever

022pm2.jpg

(the scope was inspired by the steyr aug)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

And it'd be interesting to see how Steel Meridian react to this guy! let's call them, uh... Shmeytok. They could give lots of interesting lore, explain how things changed for them towards the end of the Old War, and maybe they could say how they envied your ability to rebel.

I think that it would also be a good way to see how the fine lines between compliant, obedient Grineer without war genes and Grineer losing their loyalty genes while also being roided out with war genes would look like. We know very little of the inner eschelon Grineer and how they behave outside of the comic that introduced the Ghouls. Its a small wonder if those guys have the war gene, or don't.

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Plus, it'd be a cool character focus thing that'd give some lore on how they see the current Origin System. And it'd likely end with you trying to shepherd them towards a Steel Meridian exfiltration point. we could also get to see Steel Meridian working with the Solaris, and some real interesting contrasts.

It also would be good to see what Solaris were before and how much working under Nef Anyo has changed them. A displaced character like this Grineer could do wonders for those clamouring for more glimpses into the past without needing to dedicate time and money to cutscenes or books.  Then of course, what Steel Meridian would want to do or could do with a healthy Grineer genome. 

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

"Red Veil said they wanted to open you up and take a look at some of your genes, map out how you survived. I told them they could go screw. The Origin System is a broken machine that runs on blood, sweat, and tears, and we need all the allies we can to keep it from grinding up the weak."

Good read of Cressa, by the way.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Quick primer on how it works:

1. It's six-round burst and holds 78 rounds.
  2. Landing the first five shots of a burst ensures that the sixth round of a burst does a guaranteed status effect that the health type is weak to. 
  3. This is not connected to the base status chance (of 37%) so if you build it for viral and fire while fighting Infested, you might do a gas proc every sixth round fired. Or just more heat damage, or corrosive.
  4. You tap altfire for the scope.

It was originally for The Legion of Tau by almighty_jado, but he never got around to using it. And nobody owns the rights to this stuff, not even really me, so why not lol

Also, it's inspired by the weirdest goddamn bullpup ever

022pm2.jpg

(the scope was inspired by the steyr aug)

It's an interesting concept and dear god, the original gun is ... thats a modern art masterpiece. I can't believe that someone designed this and had actual users in mind. In Warframe yeah gun designers can do what they want, but. Wow. Anyway, I'll link the original entry from your thread into the end of the post alongside a picture of the gun. Thank you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

I think that it would also be a good way to see how the fine lines between compliant, obedient Grineer without war genes and Grineer losing their loyalty genes while also being roided out with war genes would look like. We know very little of the inner eschelon Grineer and how they behave outside of the comic that introduced the Ghouls. Its a small wonder if those guys have the war gene, or don't.

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

That's... hmmmm. That's an interesting concept, actually. The Loyalty Gene, at least going by the strength of Grineer like Khal, Clem, and Cressa, (and Cressa looking... moderately healthy?) seems to be comorbid with a lot of the worst degeneration we see in the Grineer. 

It'd make sense if the most intelligent, command-level Grineer are those who both lack the loyalty gene and follow the queens.

It also would be good to see what Solaris were before and how much working under Nef Anyo has changed them. A displaced character like this Grineer could do wonders for those clamouring for more glimpses into the past without needing to dedicate time and money to cutscenes or books.  Then of course, what Steel Meridian would want to do or could do with a healthy Grineer genome. 

I... uh... huh.

I never thought about how that could answer questions like that about Solaris history. While I'd definitely like cutscenes and/or books, this does offer a massive amount of possibilities.

As for what Steel Meridian would do with a healthy Grineer genome? Probably... take a lot of samples, draw a safe amount of blood, and research ways to halt or even reverse clone-rot. Or he'd work building things for Steel Meridian due to his sheer horror at what the Origin System is, and possibly be used as a propaganda figure to say "you are not born to die standing and WAIT

if I write more Steel Meridian stuff, I'm including that in some Steel Meridian propaganda lol

"you are not born to die standing."

I think that's *@##$in' good

Good read of Cressa, by the way.

thanks =D

....It bothers me a little how the game says "oh, they're allies with Red Veil" but Red Veil seems so... unhinged... especially with the time they devoted themselves to Wally, and the way they wanted to vivisect Kavor defectors... that I genuinely couldn't imagine Cressa being okay with all of it.

It's an interesting concept and dear god, the original gun is ... thats a modern art masterpiece. I can't believe that someone designed this and had actual users in mind. In Warframe yeah gun designers can do what they want, but. Wow. Anyway, I'll link the original entry from your thread into the end of the post alongside a picture of the gun. Thank you.

Thanks SO MUCH =D

The TKB-022 is, without exaggeration, the most unambiguously Warframe weapon I know of in real life, and it only gets more bizarre once you look at the internals. The other three spots in the top 4 go to the LeMat revolver (the shotgun... goes through the cylinder. Whaaaaaaa-) one of the TKB-022's relatives (the TKB-011)...

1541986792183473853.jpg\

and the Neostead.

Neostead13-1.jpg

(the Neostead is funny because you barely have to do anything to make it fit this game lol. It's bullpup! It's got two magaazines that are over the barrel! You reload it like a break-action! It pumps forward!)

tenno__neophytou__dual_tube_shotgun_by_f

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

For Honor definitely was designed for 1v1's and was at it's best (at least initially) when you were fighting someone within the same weight class in an open area with no traps. Only, that wasn't most matches. Ironically, the ones without honor were the average player. 

Don't blame the player blame the game. Stuff like the raider running grab ( the viking guy with the two handed axe ) effectively tells the player base ganking is a endorsed tactic by the developers.

really hated blade alone. They should not have done what they did to the melee system, but they did anyway. 

It was doomed from the start, wrong goal. To be fair it was only recently DE started to endorse weapon switching and comboing. 

Or, dare I say it, those nullifier drones from Law of Retribution. It would be great seeing Grineer have more tools in their arsenal, as long as they give them more potential  to stick around for more than 1 hit. I'll give Tyl this much, Manics get i-frames so they last 2. 

The og maniacs where stronger than bosses , I will give him that. The used to have multiple health gates , health regenation , pretty much garanteed slash procs on their strikes and a one shot back stab move. Seems like the lab sabotage really #*!%ed with the quality and quantity of regor works.

I generally dislike nulifiers just because they answer everything. Bullets - blocked ; melee - good lucking meleeing without buffs ; damge powers - blocked  ; debuffs - purged. Using a shield to protect a object - dont let a nulifier rouch it .Regardless of the player strategy the nulifier is the highest priority unit the corpus arsenal.

The answer off a faction should be more spread out so the priority targets shift depending on the warframe being played.

The grinner need at the very least a unit the clears debuffs and status so than can actually use their armor. Hopefully also a way to deal with buffs so they have a chance to rat thought a tank defense before lvl 1000.

My issues with it are threefold.

1. The payout for running the mission is terrible.
  2. It requires one or two dedicated runners and it does little to change itself up from being a regular defence beyond needing you to run through a corridor ever so often.
  3. It's mobile defence with a tiny sprinkle of Void Flood added without encouraging all 4 players to move at once. 

The payout for running the mission is terrible.

Probably on purpose to stretch its life until duviri

• requires one or two dedicated runners and it does little to change itself up from being a regular defence beyond needing you to run through a corridor ever so often.
  • It's mobile defence with a tiny sprinkle of Void Flood added without encouraging all 4 players to move at once. 

The unit selection really magnifies these problems. The newest unit on this mission is the nulifier ( a unit created 7 years ago ). Run a mobile defense on the zariman. It's way better than your usual mobile defense just because the enemy unit selection is better. I really thing de need to update rhe spawns on old tile set ( at least on stealth path if the unit would be to strong for a new player ). It would do wonders for the usual gameplay and its not a costly measure to implement. Sending constant waves of rathun and index guys at the player would be welcome measure on the steelphat.

It's a problem rhe has only grown on warframe given that most of warframe play hours happen on the start chart and most of the new enemy desing only applies to the newest content island.

would love to see a Tyl Regor / Nef Anyo cross factional event. Seeing a cross faction event on Deimos and OV would help make them feel less one note. It's only plains that has a relevant occasional event after all. 

I would love to see a event on deimos. The place does not have much in the way of active defenses so it would make sense for the occasional assault on it. The way it looks deimos is eris with treasures inside ( no real defenses but a incredible dangerous place to be in ).

would honestly want them to do the Old War Grineer thing. It would be a good chance for us to see how much Grineer have fallen and make us understand how much they've lost

The implied thing given regor Visuals ( presumably the least rotten Grineer, and his looks sugest very little mechanical prosthetics) and considering the lore of the worker used as basis for the grineer ( dude just killed a sentient with shovel ) they should be very strong at least physically). But that trailer that shows the OG grineer sugest they were just current grineer with his face 

1536182232_open-uri20180905-5748-1y9e30p

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

That's... hmmmm. That's an interesting concept, actually. The Loyalty Gene, at least going by the strength of Grineer like Khal, Clem, and Cressa, (and Cressa looking... moderately healthy?) seems to be comorbid with a lot of the worst degeneration we see in the Grineer. 

Probably just a issue with it being the most copied and pasted gene. The genes used to make a independent thinking grinner are not used a lot on all due likelihood.

It'd make sense if the most intelligent, command-level Grineer are those who both lack the loyalty gene and follow the queens.

Frankly speaking , the 4 comanders we know ( Kela the than,  regor , ruk and hek) don't sound like they simp that much. Regor is loyal to the grineer not the queens. Hek sounds like a opportunistic climber , he is loyal to himself. Kela is probably loyal to them given their direct hand on her creation ( hard to know I'd it is a gene or simple indoctrination). Ruk I think is loyal to the queens but I don't recall his voice lines

thanks =D

....It bothers me a little how the game says "oh, they're allies with Red Veil" but Red Veil seems so... unhinged... especially with the time they devoted themselves to Wally, and the way they wanted to vivisect Kavor defectors... that I genuinely couldn't imagine Cressa being okay with all of it.

Syndicates are a thing DE did not really tought thought. We probably would be better of with just 2 or 3 ( we effectively only have 2 since a player can easily acess half of the syndicates).

The TKB-022 is, without exaggeration, the most unambiguously Warframe weapon I know of in real life, and it only gets more bizarre once you look at the internals. The other three spots in the top 4 go to the LeMat revolver (the shotgun... goes through the cylinder. Whaaaaaaa-) one of the TKB-022's relatives (the TKB-011)...

1541986792183473853.jpg\

and the Neostead.

Neostead13-1.jpg

(the Neostead is funny because you barely have to do anything to make it fit this game lol. It's bullpup! It's got two magaazines that are over the barrel

These guns are 1 paint job away form warframe gun

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

I would love to see a event on deimos. The place does not have much in the way of active defenses so it would make sense for the occasional assault on it. The way it looks deimos is eris with treasures inside ( no real defenses but a incredible dangerous place to be in ).

I like the sound of that.

59 minutes ago, keikogi said:

These guns are 1 paint job away form warframe gun

Literally any of you could paint the neostead green and yellow, say "Grineer gun" and nobody would question it lol. I just made it Tenno cause that felt too easy.

this admitedly does explain why resource boosters don't affect it (wack)

Syndicates are a thing DE did not really tought thought. We probably would be better of with just 2 or 3 ( we effectively only have 2 since a player can easily acess half of the syndicates).

Part of the problem is that DE kinda gameplayed themselves into a corner by making so much of the Syndicate stuff require so much grind. Like, am I supposed to say "And now, my new weapon, the Telos Scrunglebingus" and watch New Loka/Red Veil/Perrin players seethe as they can't get it?

(All seriousness though, the Tenet Scrunglebingus would be purchased with vitus essence)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

1541986792183473853.jpg\

and the Neostead.

Neostead13-1.jpg

(the Neostead is funny because you barely have to do anything to make it fit this game lol. It's bullpup! It's got two magaazines that are over the barrel! You reload it like a break-action! It pumps forward!)

Those are special. Someone took some controlled substances while designing them. They should have worked in the sci fi industry instead of the gun industry.

As for your points on Syndicates. It boggles my mind that they've never done anything with them beyond add new stuff to their stores and quests. They say that the walls are in place for trading purposes, but they still bottleneck players. I would be very surprised to hear a positive response from someone that has limited play days per month that they may be spending a few months hitting max rank for one of the starchart syndicates, let alone the open world ones.

If anything, those players might feel better off never engaging with the syndicate system and just buying anything they are able to for plat.

Edited by Teoarrk

11 hours ago, keikogi said:

That is highly likely their reasoning for it, but dear god is it tedious. I don't think that people will want to play it again after the farm, so anyone new that wants to get into the content in a month is going to be hard pressed to find a group. I logged in on patch day, played the gamemode for 20 minutes, left to go see the new store and stopped playing. The amounts you need and get was a quitting moment for me. 

Edited by Teoarrk

On 2/20/2023 at 7:28 PM, Teoarrk said:
  • Total Damage: 300 (180 Slash, 60 Puncture, 60 Impact)
  • Ammo Cost: Entire magazine.
  • Trigger: Burst
  • Fire Rate: 1
  • Accuracy: 5
  • Crit Chance: 10%
  • Crit Damage: 1.5x
  • Damage Falloff: 25m - 36m
  • Multishot: 1x remaining magazine.
  • Punchthrough: 1 m
  • Status Chance: 35%

i can magdump buzzsaws?!

...That's so baller, I love it lol

The Cascabel - (Link) - A pepperbox pistol that posits that the answer to every problem is another bullet. Requires high maintenance and prone to jamming.

Fun Cascabel Facts: 

1. It's a shotgun! Sort of. 

2. Accuracy is tied to magazine size, meaning you can increase its accuracy with mag size mods.

3. The crit chance is 40%.

4. This was inspired by the Pepper Pot from Spacelords, a game which I no longer play (i just fell off tbh). The Pepper Pot works... pretty much the same way - first shot has incredibly tight spread, but it gets progressively worse the lower the magazine is. And it has incredible crit. "Cascabel" is a kinda pepper (and surprisingly, part of a muzzle-loading cannon) so that's where the name comes from.

• Damage Falloff: 26m - 56m
  •  

I was a little suspicious of the high damage, but the falloff takes it to more of an SMG role and that's good. SMGs have always been.... weird in this game, on account of the complete lack of assault rifle damage falloff and the fact that... well... we're normally at SMG range. This is perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Fun Cascabel Facts: 

1. It's a shotgun! Sort of. 

2. Accuracy is tied to magazine size, meaning you can increase its accuracy with mag size mods.

3. The crit chance is 40%.

4. This was inspired by the Pepper Pot from Spacelords, a game which I no longer play (i just fell off tbh). The Pepper Pot works... pretty much the same way - first shot has incredibly tight spread, but it gets progressively worse the lower the magazine is. And it has incredible crit. "Cascabel" is a kinda pepper (and surprisingly, part of a muzzle-loading cannon) so that's where the name comes from.

I had in mind those old wacky super pistols from the 1800s when people were trying to take guns to their ultimate limits before standardized magazines and convenient loading procedures. The fact that the gun gets more accurate on the first shot makes a lot of sense given what I've seen on Forgotten Weapons of similar guns, but the fact it kinda resembles a real weapon speaks volumes to Spacelords and your own style.

Those stats are monstrous for a gun of it's type and the fact that it gets a big sendoff before the reload really attracted my attention.

Edited by Teoarrk

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

i can magdump buzzsaws?!

...That's so baller, I love it lol

Editor is being naughty. Continuing here. The magdump felt so natural. One of my favourite moments in any zombie movie is the laser trap from resident evil 1, so I wanted to have an excuse to do that with a weapon.

33 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Those stats are monstrous for a gun of it's type and the fact that it gets a big sendoff before the reload really attracted my attention.

On the one hand, adding a central barrel to this might weaken the structure. on the other hand, it's not a revolver and it looks baller.

...There was one other reason though - the Pepper Pot's final shot is just... it's frustratingly inaccurate, and back when I played Spacelords, it wasn't uncommon for people to just fire the first shot and reload. This was just a way to make people feel rewarded for getting all the way down to the bottom of the mag... and ensure that no matter how inaccurate the gun is, one round will hit exactly what they aimed at.

The fact that the gun gets more accurate on the first shot makes a lot of sense given what I've seen on Forgotten Weapons of similar guns,

Well, that's cause of Fun Fact #5 which I forgot to mention: it fires from each concentric ring of eight barrels. First shot fires the central eight, then the second shot fires the eight barrels outside of that, then the third fires the outermost rings. 

It's... such a bizarre design, which I think comes from Mercurysteam thinking of guns less in terms of "assault rifle, shotgun, marksman, pistol, beamer, sniper" and more "special moves in a fighting game."

Oh, and it uses bits of the Godkiller from Drive Angry! Cause that thing is just

look at it

If Nathan Explosion was to say "I want a pepperbox," he'd get this thing

21744708_2.jpg?v=8D227A59AB91850

I had in mind those old wacky super pistols from the 1800s when people were trying to take guns to their ultimate limits before standardized magazines and convenient loading procedures.

While I can and absolutely will make Tenno firearms based on more modern stuff, (example: the Estampida is essentially Vash's Gun + the Chiappa Rhino) I find that this is some of the most fertile ground for Tenno weapon ideas. Small arms technology hadn't plateau'd yet, and trends were going towards "more magazine capacity, more fire rate, dodge patent" which is how you get things like the Luger's toggle lock, and blow-forward pistols, and also AUDIBLE GASP A SYBARIS

Porter-Turret-Rifle-04.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 9:28 PM, Teoarrk said:

b4ab3004d2c12de1f5c8724fa6f000b1.jpeg

(picture for reference. Thanks fluffy for a practical looking reference. source)

The Quiversaw came from a place of desperation. Melanthius enjoys the safety of a large host of allies, all of which are available at a moment's notice. Such a boon made having a large standing militia a thing of the past, a relic of The Collapse. The Rail Shutdown was a sobering reminder that all it takes for the prospects of a powerful trading colony to dramatically turn for the worst is one really bad day.

The Technocyte required a practical and furthermore improvised solution. Of all the designs that were made using materials readily available, the Quiversaw was the solution that was chosen. Rotary motors, saw blades and repurposed mining drills were cobbled together in a perfect union of rough, dirty and crazy enough to work. Forward units found the early Quiversaws worked best when they fired wildly in enclosed areas, the blades catching anything in the firing line with metal shrapnel from bouncing discs and impaling anything left behind with rapidly spinning metal. After the end of the defence, the initial design was iterated upon, getting adjusted by the original designer, a Kothian engineer by the name of Ilya Pons. The end result is a weapon that is glaive thrower designed to take on all kinds of Infested targets, with powerful motors that only announce the firing of a projectile with a sudden whirr of it's twinned flywheels. The accuracy and durability of the discs has been optimised to make target priority more practical, with an overdrive function that allows the weapon to expend the entire magazine in a fraction of a second in a pinch.

Adoption outside of Melanthius is mixed. Without established infrastructure made to support the maintenance of the weapon, each buyer would need to learn how to repair the weapon themselves, or buy a new one when it started to fail. The Syndicates have the resources to do the maintenance in house, however Melanthius has maintained that Ilya and by extension themselves own exclusive rights to the blueprint for the sake of trading advantage. Owing to it's niche advantages to more regular shotguns or grenade launchers, the Quiversaw maintains it's position as a powerful, unique showpiece export among the many others coming from the workshops of Melanthius. 

Stats

you made a saw launcher , seems quite good. , the alt fire seens interesting.  Mag is probably gonna love this 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

On the one hand, adding a central barrel to this might weaken the structure. on the other hand, it's not a revolver and it looks baller.

...There was one other reason though - the Pepper Pot's final shot is just... it's frustratingly inaccurate, and back when I played Spacelords, it wasn't uncommon for people to just fire the first shot and reload. This was just a way to make people feel rewarded for getting all the way down to the bottom of the mag... and ensure that no matter how inaccurate the gun is, one round will hit exactly what they aimed at.

My interaction with pepperboxes of any kind was in Spiral Knights. It was a family of weapons that worked like smgs rather than shotguns per se and yeah, the gun got so inaccurate towards the end of a burst that you would be better off using another gun at all but point blank range.

19 minutes ago, keikogi said:

you made a saw launcher , seems quite good. , the alt fire seens interesting.  Mag is probably gonna love this 

Mag is going to only need one magdump to make a chokepoint impassable for 30 seconds.

3 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

My interaction with pepperboxes of any kind was in Spiral Knights. It was a family of weapons that worked like smgs rather than shotguns per se and yeah, the gun got so inaccurate towards the end of a burst that you would be better off using another gun at all but point blank range.

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

That explains why we both maybe saw it differently at first - if I was more of a critical role fan (I only got into Vox Machina) I'd be drawing more pepperboxes-as-standard-pistols. Far as I know, Spacelords' approach isn't that common and it's less of a revolver and more of just a beehive grenade on a stick.

13082661_1030285523716266_7684967234335390729_n.jpg

• Like 1

That explains why we both maybe saw it differently at first - if I was more of a critical role fan (I only got into Vox Machina) I'd be drawing more pepperboxes-as-standard-pistols. Far as I know, Spacelords' approach isn't that common and it's less of a revolver and more of just a beehive grenade on a stick.

13082661_1030285523716266_7684967234335390729_n.jpg

I need to see this in action.

• 3 weeks later...

State of the System - Post Blades in the Dark

Due to technical difficulties and ongoing calamities, this is Cephalon Sark, your friendly host of the Anyo Corp 24 hour news show!

The top story tonight: The Tenno are on our side? Are they really?

According to our founder, Tenno have been seen fighting to protect Anyo Corp assets.This comes after 7 months of constant Tenno raids and interruptions of the Index, making my life more difficult. Lets talk about this. Who do we have on the line? Nobody? What? The Venusian silos are under attack? Breaking news! The Venusian silos are under attack! Which silos? Right, the ones off of ... Who wrote this card? Theres no way thats a real name. Djibu Mines? Whats Djibu? One of the most lucrative assets off planet for the company? Oh. On behalf of the Anyo Corp 24 hour news show, I apologise for not knowing of that product. Please don't take me off the air.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

20 days ago: The Arlo Cult operations in Saxon are investigated and brought to an end by a single Tenno Operative. The Warframe Persephone is inducted into the Exilus as a free operative by their leader, Raven. Raids into Infested Corpus Void territory begins. The Arlo Cult tries to launch counter-raids using sleeper cells across the system, with limited success. By the end of the day, the cult's activities are focussed solely on defence of their Void-borne facilities.

Several sporadic attacks are carried out by unknown Infested variants across the Origin System. They occur around dig sites of Orokin ruins. The few survivors of these attacks report that the Infested looked human, until they didn't, using their disguise to get closer than they would have otherwise and inflicting many more casualties. Independent Seeker contracts are postponed, leaving Tenno, Corpus and Grineer to exploit the newly abandoned and proven digsites.

19 days ago: The company Black Rho cuts its bonds from the Corpus Plutarch Markets while several billion credits in debt to Fortunate Dawn as a result of a security upgrade package. A large inventory of assets belonging to the company are seized by Fortunate Dawn Tax agents across the companies freeport holdings. Fortunate Dawn and associated Guild vessels patrol their proximas for any vessels transporting goods under Black Rho flight codes for impounding and further punitive hearings. 

Meanwhile, it is the Summer Solstice on Earth. Pilgrims from across the Origin System make their way to the Silver Conduit to celebrate the significant date. Amaryn is among those attending. The New Loka leader is approached by several journalists that wish to discuss her presence in the festivities during the ongoing conflict, but is rebuffed by her bodyguards before a comment can be made. 

18 days ago: The Blockade of Saturn begins to fail. In a last ditch effort to hold onto Saturn Proxima, the fleet is ordered to consolidate around the moon of Tethys. Despite massive losses of material left behind, the fleet holds around Ruk's Flagship, Ruk Grakata.

17 days ago: Arlo Cult forces muster an assault into the Lech Kril territory on Mars. The garrison in Alba Syrenia is ill prepared and only pulls through with the weight of several hundred casualties and direct intervention of Lech Kril herself. She is able to capture a Prelate before they are able to escape and broadcasts its execution on the Weave. 

16 days ago: The Black Seed Chairman begins his assault creatively titled Five Blights, Five Nights by pirate radio operator Nora Night. Fortunate Dawn vessels are targeted in retaliation during the following days, as well as the Chairman's personal vendettas across the system. 

Tenno Operative Mos Ta conducting a patrol over Mars Proxima reports an Old War beacon activation over the ruined city of Marineris. The beacon fades the instant it is detected. While this is reported to the Origin Accord, he is told to ignore it in the face of other more pressing concerns across the system.

11 days ago: The Black Seed Chairman is defeated. With his passing and the destruction of most of the Black Rho assets, Black Seed is struck from the record of potential marks in the ongoing conflict. Within a few hours of his death the Solar Rail Shutdown occurs. All operatives performing cleanup operations following each of the Black Seed's strikes are stranded, as well as any performing ongoing missions around the System. The Saffron Emperor sends a message to everyone connected to the Prime Weave, claiming responsibility for the sabotage and a defacto victory against the Tenno. 

Within minutes, the flower of civilization is trampled across the Origin System by severe Infested attacks that parallel the worst days of The Great Plague. Many die in the first few hours, then many more in the hours and days that follow. The Origin Accord musters the Tenno and Lotus Path Guardians to begin the process of relieving the System. The Void Hook system is activated and with a lot of help from the Orgone Reactor powered vessels of the Lotus Path Guardians, the Origin System stirs back to life. 

Tenno and their Syndicate allies clash with Infested across the system where the fighting was the thickest and the need the most dire. The Exilus assist in these endeavours, but with their flagship and homebase, The Amber Branch being pursued by an Orokin battleship, this is limited to a few cells that were already deployed. 

7 days ago: The solar calendar marks this date as the start of the 3rd millennium of the Orokin Empire. Graffiti and destruction of Orokin relics are commonplace, with a common phrase in the graffiti being 'Death to the Saffron Emperor.'

The Breaker is destroyed. With the passing of one of the Saffron Emperors lieutenants at the hands of a Tenno cell as proof of their might, both Parvos Granum and The Worm Queen begin talks for an armistice with the Tenno. The Origin Accord considers the intricacies of this armistice while the forces of the Saffron Empire continue to harass the Origin System.

4 days ago: A clan dating back to before the days of The Fall, The Silver Shards comes under siege by the forces of the Saffron Emperor. The Junct decree is invoked and several Tenno cells arrive to secure the clan's personnel and resources. During the siege, the turned Sargus Ruk harasses the relief forces and proves indestructible to small arms fire. The continued presence of this foe and the compromised astro-loc data of the clan makes the warlord decide to abandon the Tower to the Infested. Following the siege, Warlords across the system arrange for rapid movement of their own clan dojos to different locations within their proximas. 

The second Great Plague continues. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thought I would cover the last three parts of the Technocyte Schism in a (relatively) bitesize post. 

I am working on the next quest and Nightwave. I was stuck for a while on how to take my written prompts, but now I have a better idea of what I want to do.

Til Then.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies for not posting in a while. It's not been an easy couple of months and I have an exam coming up in two weeks and then another a couple of weeks after that. Unfortunately I don't have anything to show. Summer is approaching, so maybe that should mean good things, like free time and good sleep.

Til Then.

Edited by Teoarrk

• 1 month later...

Exilus Reinforcements

Here we are again. Since I haven't had time to write a big thing out, maybe it might be better if I give you a couple little things. I came up with a few Exilus (The subfaction of Warframes that are sentient and can talk. You can see a quest involving their leader here) Warframe stat blocks a while ago. For the sake of brevity, I won't paste in the documents, but link them in the post.

Xargus, The Nightmare Judge - A collaborative effort between myself and a friend on Discord. He came up with the concept, basing it on Jackalope folklore from the Old West. I wrote a story for it.

The Story

The Warframe

Kabuto, The Shadowblade - A high fantasy take on ninjas. 

The Warframe

Samar, The Brawler - A brawler frame. Think of something like Tekken or Street Fighter.

The Warframe

Tengu, The Seer - A support frame. Think of Harrow mixed with Ivara.

The Warframe

Feel free to give me feedback, either in this form, or in responses. 

This will probably be the last post until summer. 

Til Then.

Xargus, The Nightmare Judge - A collaborative effort between myself and a friend on Discord. He came up with the concept, basing it on Jackalope folklore from the Old West. I wrote a story for it.

The Story

The Warframe

Had a look at this kit and man the whole justice gauge is a bit to restringent and the skills aren't overpowered enough to justify how hard they are to cast. When I play garuda with a skill that hit thought wall with a radius of 25 meters it takes me 10 minutes to get Molt augmented fully stacked so on a opmist point of view this warframe gains 750 justice in 10 minutes with roughly translates to 1,25 justice per second. I know there is the shield gate feature but given that every Chroma complain about his damage buff I don't think it helps that much . I would suggest to have the skill with cd and allow justice to bypass the cooldown so the frame has higher a baseline effecness. 

About the skills , my biggest gripe is with the exalted hammer. I would just make a generic melee buff and give the frame acess to a unique melee weapon and more importantly a unique melee stance ( stronger than the average hammer stance on purpose to push the frame to use hammers) . I always said the exalted weapons tend to be killed by the slow March of power creep and the incarnoon bs we are getting vindicated my opinion.

• Like 1

Kabuto, The Shadowblade - A high fantasy take on ninjas. 

The Warframe

The only thing i would change in this one is the augument for the 3 , just have it drop a copy of the last used tool it already cost a agument slot so getting the portental free cast of the skill is a good upsided but does not slow down the player to roll to the options to drop a thing allies may or may not use.

Btw the whole copy stats of the current melee weapon might be a elegant solotion to the power vreep problem 

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

Samar, The Brawler - A brawler frame. Think of something like Tekken or Street Fighter.

The Warframe

I would drop the bonus from empyt lodout slots , its like baiting the player player into have less fun by limiting his own hand. 

Pulverize is a bit of weak sauce , comopare to garuda 1 for reference , same garuada has the double of the damage , same radius , does not need to kill the target and so on. At very least make it so the skill executes like garuda 1 first cast ( mercy range given the kit proposed sinergies with mercy ) 

Also thrown in impact proc galore to fuel the mercy stick 

At last as much as it woud be meme , make the 4 scale with target size or hp and make it castable on anything that isnt a boss. I would love to suplex a raknoid or maybe a train in the future

• Like 1

engu, The Seer - A support frame. Think of Harrow mixed with Ivara.

The Warframe

make the second skill a cone or a chain link ( like volt 1 ) because as it is its the best nuke one the game. loook at vorunas 2 been an absolute meme as far as damage is concerned and it only shares a pool of 5 random status effects 

the other thing i would change is the 4 ccing trought overguard , as much as i rate overguard i just feel like a continuation of warframe modding away its enemies problem. Armor is both obnoxius and inexistent at the same time. 

• Like 1