Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could a button be freed up for a new ability by rolling a currently-attached ability into another one?

(PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

This came up after looking at Ivara a bit. Her 1's quick-cast (as I have it set) fires an arrow selected from her quiver, holding it selects an arrow; her 4 is toggle-activated, fires an arrow spread using regular fire, charges via alt-fire to alter the spread orientation. Overall, two quiver abilities (1+4) that use her bow and can pull from her 1 seems a little redundant. Something like the following might free up one of Ivara's buttons for a new ability: 

• Ability Button: Press to activate/deactivate state, hold to change spread orientation
  • Alt-Fire: Press to select arrow
  • Fire Trigger: Uncharged for a spread of lower-damage arrows; charged for a single higher-damage arrow.

And then there was Hydroid's Tidal Surge, which seems like a Limbo thing could be done, rolling TS into his slide/roll and usable during Undertow. Would make him a little more unique than physically rolling just like the other frames.

Or Saryn's clone into her roll, leaving a clone as she rolls and gaining damage reduction (or even invincibility) only for the duration of the roll as well as reduced visibility to enemies for a few seconds after exiting the roll. Conceptually, leaving a clone while rolling away would function like Kuai Liang's ice clone:

Maybe the same for Grendel's roll as well...

NOTE: This is just my looking at ways that frame ability sets can be expanded a little while not changing things too much. Overall, the question stands.

Technically you can quick cast Ivara's 1 when using her 4, it's the "alt fire" button. As for shooting multiple of her power arrows...that is an augment my dude.

I...have to kinda agree with the Tidal Surge idea for Hydroid, maybe that's something they can do in the future seeing as how DE is giving unique dodge animations to new frames.

6 hours ago, Aldain said:

Yes, make Switch Teleport a part of Decoy and give Loki an actual 3rd ability.

At least it's a better ability than Ballistic Battery or Spectral Scream.

On ‎2020‎-‎08‎-‎06 at 11:28 AM, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Her 1's quick-cast (as I have it set) fires an arrow selected from her quiver, holding it selects an arrow

Is that the default? It's been so long that I've forgotten. I'd personally like the ability to set it individually for each frame, because Ivara makes sense on tap=swap / hold=fire, but new Titania only really works the other way around.

As for the idea actually being presented in the OP itself, do we need more abilities for those frames? Especially Ivara, who already has one of the most versatile power sets in the game. Also, would these roll casts cost energy? That's a massive drain if they do, and unreasonably powerful if they don't.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

By a margin so small you need an industrial strength magnifying glass to see it.

So it's an ability on par with Rip-line, sure, but at least single-target CC and mobility is something. It has uses, just not that many (unlike Arch-line, which actively harms you upon use). I agree that it is an outdated ability, but should something so iconic be taken from one of the oldest frames in the game?

Just now, Iamabearlulz said:

I agree that it is an outdated ability, but should something so iconic be taken from one of the oldest frames in the game?

You might have not noticed in my original post I said to roll it into Decoy, I personally feel a hold-cast would work for that purpose, tap for Decoy, hold for Switch, simple and effective.

Modern frames have this functionality so it going retroactively into older ones makes perfect sense to me.

On 2020-08-08 at 1:22 PM, Iamabearlulz said:

Is that the default? It's been so long that I've forgotten. I'd personally like the ability to set it individually for each frame, because Ivara makes sense on tap=swap / hold=fire, but new Titania only really works the other way around.

As for the idea actually being presented in the OP itself, do we need more abilities for those frames? Especially Ivara, who already has one of the most versatile power sets in the game. Also, would these roll casts cost energy? That's a massive drain if they do, and unreasonably powerful if they don't.

I have 'invert tap/hold'enabled, and I do need to cast arrows quickly.

And no, I don't think they would, or should cost to cast. Only limit I see atm is the Saryn clone concept with damage (reduction_elimination) for the roll's duration.

Archived