Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infestation are just annoying; I hate Ancients and more!

Okay so I just pulled out of an extremely successful near 40 minute steel path solo on Orokin Derelict Survival, why did I pull out?

Because Ancients Kept aim bot tracking me through the air while im flying at full speed. How do they bypass my s- toxin. The #*!%ing toxin ancients. Why is like, half this faction Ancients that can just instant aimbot grapple from 20 meters away? God, I hate it. I forgot how much I *hated* infestation

This is just like, a random rant. I'm annoyed I couldn't go for longer with better eximus spawns because those bloody ancients I swear-

Honestly I wouldn't mind infestation if half their faction couldn't grapple or knock down. I can't tell you how many times i've been hard stunlocked because this game has no innate stun immunity or instant stun recovery via timed button presses. Grineer are awful for this, too. And Corpus just have the virtue of being annoying by having Sapping Ospreys; but I'd take Ospreys and Nulls over Ancients, Mutalist Moas, etc.

On 2020-08-08 at 10:03 AM, bad4youLT said:

That only prevents the toxin procs, not the initial damage that still bypasses Shields. Antitoxin and Toxin resistance do work, but the reduction is tiny and if it was gonna kill you, its still going to kill you.

Otherwise, use handspring, primed sure footed (if you've been playing long enough), or one of the many frames who can ignore knockdowns. During rolls you are immune to certain cc, grapples can be autoblocked, and ancients have a sort of wind up cue if you catch it quickly. Procs like heat, impact(i think), and electricity cancel those wind ups.

Without stunny ancients, infested would be even more of a joke then they already are.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean we could actually redesign infestation to be something interesting other than "60% of their enemy pool has an aimbot grapple that they can shoot through walls, cover, and even through themselves and other enemies just to instant kill you"? I don't really think their first move should be an instant grapple the MOMENT they see you, which leads to S#&$ like being pulled into different runs, in complete stunlock, getting chain knocked down or dragged into tar pools that instant kill you or toxic breath that instantly kills you. BUt that's just me I guess lmao

It'd help if they had a decent telegraph to them, an actual *sound* that's easy to hear over constant gunfire and infested screaming. And yes. I know you're immune to knockdown during a roll.

I personally disagree, I love the infested. But also as you can clearly see from my user image I am also biased, being a Nidus main and all. but I do think a lot of your issues with the faction should be solved when Deimos rolls around.

Archived