Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

She is a "Berzerker" but she no have muscles.

Just because her type's bezerker, does not mean she needs to have muscles and such. I'm sure that you're aware that armors do the work, not what's inside them.

Edited by jaywalker
removed gif

Her skills are 1: Shield Projection: turn shield into deadly cone attack 2: Undescided 3: Intimidate: Paralyzes an enemy and buffs nearby Tenno 4:Last Stand: Berserker is invulnerable but limited to melee. She stores all damage done to her until the timer runs out and then takes it unless she kills every nearby enemy. So yeah, she should be beefier and armoured up a bit.

If I recall, the thread in the Design Council said that these abilities were not set in stone, and would possibly be subject to change. 

Not only that, but the thread asked for possible suggestions for new abilities.

Her skills are

1: Shield Projection: turn shield into deadly cone attack

2: Undescided

3: Intimidate: Paralyzes an enemy and buffs nearby Tenno

4:Last Stand: Berserker is invulnerable but limited to melee. She stores all damage done to her until the timer runs out and then takes it unless she kills every nearby enemy.

So yeah, she should be beefier and armoured up a bit.

after seeing this and the concept art, the frame is definitely not for me. I hope others like it, no matter how far off the design is

I get that the suit enhances/outright replaces the body, but there should still be some distinction in body types. Guys get big beefy types like Rhino, and lithe slender types like Volt, but almost almost no variation in the women? Straight up sexism. This game is better than most, but it could still be better.

EDIT: ValhaHazred, good job leaking that info. Derp.

Meh, the Design council is leakier than a seive. This is the 5th time I've seen her powers posted outside of it today. And for the record those where not me :P

Edited by ValhaHazred

Her skills are 1: Shield Projection: turn shield into deadly cone attack 2: Undescided 3: Intimidate: Paralyzes an enemy and buffs nearby Tenno 4:Last Stand: Berserker is invulnerable but limited to melee. She stores all damage done to her until the timer runs out and then takes it unless she kills every nearby enemy. So yeah, she should be beefier and armoured up a bit.

Those abilities sound pretty stupid.

Sounds like a bad frame.

Her 4th sounds more like a detriment than a 4th.

What if she is surrounded by 100 enemies?

Kill all 100 of them or die anyway?

Waste of a skill.

Edited by Anarties

The suit enhances the body, but are we going to deny that the appearance of the suit is related to it's defensive capabilities? Look at Rhino, and then look at something that's more paper-thin, like Nova. Even Saryn, also a female frame, has more padding around her armor because she's more defensive than the other female frames. Meanwhile, this frame has no plating.

Those abilities sound pretty stupid.

Sounds like a bad frame.

Her 4th sounds more like a detriment than a 4th.

What if she is surrounded by 100 enemies?

Kill all 100 of them or die anyway?

Waste of a skill.

Again, these are merely ideas, and will be changed, probably from feeback from the Design Council

Selling sex > selling diversity or depth or realism as far as most of the gaming industry is concerned. Unfortunate reality of societal conceptions of what men and women should exemplify/represent.

Not much to do about it unless we can remove sexist ideas from the executive decisionmaking positions and improve the typical writing quality in video games to avoid the most cliche stories that make men and women flat characters (personality-wise) that represent a single stereotype society has.

Err, where's the sex in warframe? The "female" warframes have curves (but those are for energy reserves... right?) but it's certainly NOT selling sex. That being said, the female warframes are very similar in terms of body, with legs and helmets being the only real unique things about each one.

Look at other games that sell sex. Now look at Warframe. I really don't think they belong in the same category in terms of how they present female and male characters.

The suit enhances the body, but are we going to deny that the appearance of the suit is related to it's defensive capabilities? Look at Rhino, and then look at something that's more paper-thin, like Nova. Even Saryn, also a female frame, has more padding around her armor because she's more defensive than the other female frames. Meanwhile, this frame has no plating.

That's the berserker in classic terminology, basic idea is get mad, let the rage work as anasthetic.

Real berserkers wore animal pelts and no armor.

I think people are confusing berserker with bruiser.  Take a look at Borderlands 2, Psycho is high dmg/speed type character but low on health a berserker type, the Bruiser is a high armor/health/dmg type character a bruiser type character.  Even in LoL the Bruiser type is dmg/armor.

Thank you, someone else who understands.

Berserker =/= Face Crushing.

It merely means going insane. In anyway the user sees fit.

Because 'Berserker' immediately implies a huge hulking slab of muscle...

Seriously people?

Why do you have to look like somebody taped a bag of flesh over your body to be a Berserker?

What ever happened to blood madness, and lethal precision?

You can still be savage, bloodthirsty, and unstoppable without looking like you've been fed steroids 3 meals a day.

Edited by JerryMouse13

Seriously people?

Why do you have to look like somebody taped a back of flesh over your body to be a Berserker?

You can still be savage, bloodthirsty, and unstoppable without looking like you've been fed steroids 3 meals a day.

+1

Thank you, someone else who understands.

Berserker =/= Face Crushing.

It merely means going insane. In anyway the user sees fit.

Seriously people?

Why do you have to look like somebody taped a bag of flesh over your body to be a Berserker?

Exactly what I was thinking when I read those first comments. Berserker pretty much means losing your sanity and going into a rage, not beefy muscles.

And is she going to be dropped from Alad V? 'Cause she looks like some sort of corpus experimented frame.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read those first comments. Berserker pretty much means losing your sanity and going into a rage, not beefy muscles.

And is she going to be dropped from Alad V? 'Cause she looks like some sort of corpus experimented frame.

She looks like she tore lose while someone was dissecting her, so that's a distinct possibility.

I believe people feel that way because already we have had numerous lithe and slender looking female frames, and only one akin for players, such as myself, who enjoy playing powerful face punchers who can take several hits.

While I know if built in such a way, the other female frames can be close, if not just as tanky, I believe people were hoping for something which gave off a sense of...strength.