Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

Because 'Berserker' immediately implies a huge hulking slab of muscle...

Seriously people?

Why do you have to look like somebody taped a bag of flesh over your body to be a Berserker?

What ever happened to blood madness, and lethal precision?

You can still be savage, bloodthirsty, and unstoppable without looking like you've been fed steroids 3 meals a day.

this.

as we seen, the body of the warframe doesn´t mean nothing, but the suit does all the work.

look at mag as an example, using a fragor as if it was a wooden stick. she is very tiny, but has no problem uisng heavy weapons

this.

as we seen, the body of the warframe doesn´t mean nothing, but the suit does all the work.

look at mag as an example, using a fragor as if it was a wooden stick. she is very tiny, but has no problem uisng heavy weapons

The biggest problem is that it's just another flimy, slender female Warframe.

She looks exactly the same as all the other female bodytypes.

Meanwhile, male Warframes get incredibly diverse bodytypes-- compare Rhino, Vauban, Nekros, etc.

It's incredibly disappointing.

( Also, the frame has absolutely no plating on it. The suit may do all the work, but it also takes all the damage-- so if she's supposed to be a close-fighting Berserker frame, and if she's supposed to take a lot of damage, it makes no sense for her to have so little armor/insulation for absorbing enemy attacks. )

Edited by TheResult

I love the feet , gloves , helmet .

The part in between those is lacking ... 

I mean this looks like 2 completely different styles of design , the gloves , boots , helmet looks like a cool mix of techno/feral beast kinda thing , like a Predator while the  body looks like she is wearing pajamas.

complete disconnect there for me, i would much prefer a rogue style leather looking type of easy to move in armor but as part of the suit of curse.

Disappoint.... hoping thats just early concept and nothing final, if that's even official.

She doesn't look like a berserker, but she looks dam tough. I'm still way more impressed than the look of nova but it seems like they always drop the ball a bit on the newer female frames. I want the same shock awesome and anticipation I felt with nekros. The females dont look worse than male frames because they're ugly, they're not, it's just feels like the concept never fully integrates with the model. Also, where the variation in body type? Besides Sayrn and Trinity all the females have almost the same build with different accessories, while all the male frames are totally unique.

The biggest problem is that it's just another flimy, slender female Warframe.

She looks exactly the same as all the other female bodytypes.

Meanwhile, male Warframes get incredibly diverse bodytypes-- compare Rhino, Vauban, Nekros, etc.

It's incredibly disappointing.

( Also, the frame has absolutely no plating on it. The suit may do all the work, but it also takes all the damage-- so if she's supposed to be a close-fighting Berserker frame, and if she's supposed to take a lot of damage, it makes no sense for her to have so little armor/insulation for absorbing enemy attacks. )

That's the point of a berserker... they don't take lots of punishment, they deal it and just fight through the pain...

It sounds like everyone expected her to be a female Rhino, when that's completely the opposite of what a berserker is.

People like to call copycat on whatever the most recent popular thing is. I remember someone accused DE of ripping off Halo when they added in the docking bay tiles.

how is ME3 recent OR popular ....

even if ... Kratos is mah boy with 2 whips.

I see nothing wrong with the design.  This design will appeal to everyone but a select few.  If they can apply this exact detail to a 3-D render, it will look 100x better than drawn.

In my opinion, Nekro looked better on paper than the actual model.  IMO.  Still a sick design, just looked better when drawn.  This new design to me looks like it will look good on paper and in 3-D.   The design team shouldn't break into a sweat creating her.  I hope they have fun I know I would :)

If anyone from DE reads this.  I would hope you guys release more official drawings.  If Warframe goes global, there will people like me who would like to buy concept books.  Capcom releases concept books over the years of offcial drawings, and I think you guys should look into it.  There are players who play games based on the art itself.  I one of them.  You guys have an amazing and talented team.  I would love to see other pictures of her as time passes before her release!

Will not buy, will not even farm for.

The abilites are more shoe-horned and crappy than Nekros.

Looks even more freakish and unappealing than Nekros.

And I don't want to be seen playing a Warframe that is basically a Bane Rip-off with a bondage fetish.

I was excited for a Muscular badass muscle girl akin to Wonder Woman and the Amazons.

Instead we get some kind of fetishized DC-tier S#&$.

I'm starting to lose my faith in the Warframe Devs, who had birthed such an amazing concept of a game.

And are now ruining it by pandering to sexist, horny 14/15-year olds.

If I wanted those kinds of people to rule the game I had payed 100$ to have a say in...

I'd just go and play League of Legends.

v5ok.png

They said in the Livestream that her design has a lot to do with the lore, and that she ties in with the Corpus, if you look at her suit, you'll notice it doesn't look like any of the other frames, and if you look at her neck, you can see she has what looks like restraints attached.  The Corpus are known hunters of Orikin tech and they've already captured warframes, I think the Berseker is an escaped warframe, she looks like they peeled her skin off, she has exposed muscle fibers and has very little metal on her, the normal warframes are damaged/incomplete versions of Primes and she looks to be the most incomplete of all the frames.

That's the berserker in classic terminology, basic idea is get mad, let the rage work as anasthetic.

Real berserkers wore animal pelts and no armor.

This guy nailed it on page 2.

The people crying about how this frame doesn't have armor or isn't your "typical thickheaded brute" needs to keep in mind that berserkers are not "typical thickheaded brutes".

A: Berserkers rely on speed and consistent damage. NOT high defense and damage. Want that? Rhino.

B: Berserkers tend to not wear high defense armor. Usually, in MMO's or single player games with classes, they were leather or chainmail.

C: As stated in A - If you want an actual tank, use Rhino. One thing DE has been pretty good on, is making every warframe different in most regards. Rhino = tank, in every form of that word. Our new Berserker warframe is not going to be a copy of him. I'm quite happy with that.

D: "Why doesn't she have any armor on her/She looks so weak/etc" People who are saying this didn't watch the livestream. They stated specifically why she looks like her armor plating has been removed. The corpus had experimented on her (particularly Alad V.) and peeled off her outer skin. Supposedly, she was saved before they could totally dissect her (Or escaped. This is really assumption here. All we know is that Alad V himself seemed to have been trying to experiment on her). This means that the story itself is influencing how this warframe looks. I absolutely love that sort of integration.

E: The main artist (I believe his name is Mynki?) stated in the art livestream that the reason why certain warframes have certain "quirks" to their armor - like Ember's thighs, Frost's coat, Trinity's "lobster" skirt - is because it adds a certain uniqueness to them all. Instead of just making them into the typical trope appearance-wise, he adds a quirk here and there to give them more personality. He keeps the basic "trope" going - Ember = fire - but he accentuates the trope in certain ways to give those characters true definition. The Berserker frame is one such deal: She's a berserker: the trope - and she seems to literally have no armor appearance wise: the extreme. And it's all story driven. That's freakin' awesome.

Long story short: Most of you have a huge misconception going on. A Berserker is -not- a heavily armored lumbering brute. A Berserker is -not- a tank. This Berserker warframe will -not- be a female Rhino. She will be her own character with her own niche: The Berserker.

Edited by SoulEchelon

This guy nailed it on page 2.

The people crying about how this frame doesn't have armor or isn't your "typical thickheaded brute" needs to keep in mind that berserkers are not "typical thickheaded brutes".

A: Berserkers rely on speed and consistent damage. NOT high defense and damage. Want that? Rhino.

B: Berserkers tend to not wear high defense armor. Usually, in MMO's or single player games with classes, they were leather or chainmail.

C: As stated in A - If you want an actual tank, use Rhino. One thing DE has been pretty good on, is making every warframe different in most regards. Rhino = tank, in every form of that word. Our new Berserker warframe is not going to be a copy of him. I'm quite happy with that.

D: "Why doesn't she have any armor on her/She looks so weak/etc" People who are saying this didn't watch the livestream. They stated specifically why she looks like her armor plating has been removed. The corpus had experimented on her (particularly Alad V.) and peeled off her outer skin. Supposedly, she was saved before they could totally dissect her (Or escaped. This is really assumption here. All we know is that Alad V himself seemed to have been trying to experiment on her). This means that the story itself is influencing how this warframe looks. I absolutely love that sort of integration.

E: The main artist (I believe his name is Mynki?) stated in the art livestream that the reason why certain warframes have certain "quirks" to their armor - like Ember's thighs, Frost's coat, Trinity's "lobster" skirt - is because it adds a certain uniqueness to them all. Instead of just making them into the typical trope appearance-wise, he adds a quirk here and there to give them more personality. He keeps the basic "trope" going - Ember = fire - but he accentuates the trope in certain ways to give those characters true definition. The Berserker frame is one such deal: She's a berserker: the trope - and she seems to literally have no armor appearance wise: the extreme. And it's all story driven. That's freakin' awesome.

Long story short: Most of you have a huge misconception going on. A Berserker is -not- a heavily armored lumbering brute. A Berserker is -not- a tank. This Berserker warframe will -not- be a female Rhino. She will be her own character with her own niche: The Berserker.

Thank you for listening to the livestream, please before anyone comment on her appearance, watch the livestream.

Will not buy, will not even farm for.

The abilites are more shoe-horned and crappy than Nekros.

You must not've read the part in the post only you and other master level founders can see where it stated that the abilities are not set in stone, and that they're asking for suggestions for all of them. Not to mention, none of the abilities stated have even been given stats. So basically, you're calling a few ideas that haven't even been fleshed out "crappy".

Instead of being completely negative, how about you actually be helpful and give DE your own suggestions, since you actually have the power to?