Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

I disagree about the catframe thing. I'm not seeing how she doesn't fit her theme.

She looks like she has tubes running through most of her body. They probably inject stims which hulk her out for combat with enhanced strength and speed like most other fantasy games.

I got a sort of "Bane" vibe off her too, but I wonder if that isn't part restraining device as well. Those tubes aren't actually connected to anything, which seems to imply that they used to be hooked up to something. The stuff about her head looks like some kind of head restraint. It made me think that perhaps she was being tested on by the Corpus, broke out, and joined up with the rest of the Tenno. It maybe explains why she looks more "beastly" in actual physical appearance while most Warframe up to this point have had a pretty humanoid appearance. 

Wikipedia to the rescue. These aren't facts, these are just what historians think. Take it with some salty salt.

Yeah sure, because 120 years of research by many european historians is bs... You just lost all credibility into my eyes, congrats.
Oh and it wasn't wikipedia, it was from something called a "book", look it up the Internet since you seem to like it so much, you might find it worthy of your time...

People and wiki these days...

> Implying that any muscular build is a "male build"

> "Male strength"

You're subjecting people to the idea that men own muscles. They don't. Anybody can have a muscular build with work, and men don't just grow up to have nice pectorals or biceps ( I'm sure guys would be a lot happier if that were true, though ). It's not that people are trying to apply male attributes to a female, it's that we're trying to disrupt female stereotypes by allowing them traits that men have tried to claim, but should be fine for women to have.

You don't tell a woman that it's not okay for her to wear pants because she's "trying to be a man", don't tell us that it's not okay for women to have muscles or be thicker because it's "trying to make them men".

I don't want Rhino with a dress. I want a female who isn't the same- exact- bodytype as every other female Warframe. It's just that Rhino is the most extreme example, and people are using him as a point of reference, saying "if male Warframes can have different bodytypes like this guy, why can't female Warframes have something thicker, too".

Move away from the "you guys just want female Rhino" or "berserkers don't NEED muscle" arguments; address the real problem: That they're giving us an eighth waifer-thin female who has the exact same build as every other, and they're not giving the females the variety that the males have. It's an awful, pandering double-standard that they need to break away from, and they have every power to do so.

That's the thing, a lot of the comments here are just that, there not all like you, a lot of people here just want Rhino in a tutu, there is nothing wrong with women having muscles, but the problem is a lot of the people commenting thing making her just buff is the solution, they don't care about the aesthetic theme DE is going for, they don't care about the lore supporting her and they wouldn't seem to care weather she looked more feral looking (Which I think would be a grand idea.), I understand that a lot of people in the community some anatomical justice for the warframes but there still a great deal of others that just want DE to fulfill their idea of strength, the male power fantasy, Conan the barbarian, there are better ways to freeing something from a stereotype than just putting it in an other stereotype.  Again, I have no issue with giving her more tone, my issue is the way members in the community cast that idea off without further consideration it's effects and motives behind such a simple thought, I'm just asking that people think about the implications and consider solutions more than just more muscles.

Yeah sure, because 120 years of research by many european historians is bs... You just lost all credibility into my eyes, congrats.

Oh and it wasn't wikipedia, it was from something called a "book", look it up the Internet since you seem to like it so much, you might find it worthy of your time...

People and wiki these days...

Someone sure is hostile. If you want credibility don't quote the wikipedia page of Berserker and actually expand on the history and the meaning of the word berserker a bit more instead of &#!-pulling the first thing you read in three minutes of "research."

But, wasn't this a little over a day ago? Does it still matter, or is it just you?

Yeah sure, because 120 years of research by many european historians is bs...

You said it, not me.

Someone sure is hostile. If you want credibility don't quote the wikipedia page of Berserker and actually expand on the history and the meaning of the word berserker a bit more instead of &#!-pulling the first thing you read in three minutes of "research."

First, YOU started the hostile "Wiki user" thing, you're the hostile one here, first chance you have to be constructive and add something to the debate, what do you do? Bash someone else's post...Riiight I'm hostile... And then apparently you can't read... I did not use Wikipedia, I used a book as a reference, so get over yourself, contribute. And you know there are people that actually have lives and can't spend them on forums...

As for the origins of the word, there are several theories, but since you seem to know everything about the subject go ahead and share your immense knowledge with the class. If not, I suggest you keep your hostility to yourself.

First, YOU started the hostile "Wiki user" thing, you're the hostile one here, first chance you have to be constructive and add something to the debate, what do you do? Bash someone else's post...Riiight I'm hostile... And then apparently you can't read... I did not use Wikipedia, I used a book as a reference, so get over yourself, contribute. And you know there are people that actually have lives and can't spend them on forums...

As for the origins of the word, there are several theories, but since you seem to know everything about the subject go ahead and share your immense knowledge with the class. If not, I suggest you keep your hostility to yourself.

That wasn't hostility, not even close. That was sarcasm at best.

You keep talking about this 'book', which is what, exactly? If you're not just resorting to Wikipedia as your source of info, then try not to take exact words from it. Please, like I already said, expand a bit, use a little more detail, 'cause I'm really interested in the history, beyond the theories and debates.

Some speculate that the trance-like state is caused by post-traumatic stress, or is even connected to genetic conditions and psychological disorders, like manic depressive disorder, epilepsy, etc. But these are theories like everything else, and I don't have a book.

berserker.jpg

Well, this frame is connected to Alad, who in turn built a pet that to me looks like a warframe.

Seen the Feral frame concept? I think the design team did.

And she has claws on feet and hands, like the pet.

And the total look makes me think of a spider, esp the head.

So the project Corpus are working on, namely building their own frames( guessing ),

could be Berzerker is the result, or the pet is the result.

I expected those claws was for climbing, esp after seeing the pet in action.

Ridable mounts on the horizon ...

Anyway, love the color, but it looks incomplete and naked, much like Nova does.

As for muscle = berzerk, not if vikings are considered.

Blind rage can occur in anyone.

Powers, melee bonus YES it would be the first. Would allso explain why they worked so hard on the new melee

animations.

Finally, if it is a catframe, wheres tail?