Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

I believe people feel that way because already we have had numerous lithe and slender looking female frames, and only one akin for players, such as myself, who enjoy playing powerful face punchers who can take several hits.

While I know if built in such a way, the other female frames can be close, if not just as tanky, I believe people were hoping for something which gave off a sense of...strength.

For me at least, Body language, and actions speak for strength far more than sheer muscle mass ever will. I suppose that's a matter of personal opinion, but meh...

For me the 'strength' of a true berserker is almost never physical, but mental. A berserker can be physically strong yes, but their true power is the ability to fight heedless of injuries and exhaustion. In a scenario where any other solider would have fallen over dead a berserker will stand tall and fight on.

There's nothing quite so terrifying as an enemy that's missing an arm, has more of their blood on the ground than in them, who's body has been beaten beyond all recognition, and comes at you laughing with the sheer thrill of it. 

That should be the quintessential essence of a berserker. Not a muscle bound yahoo who has anger management issues, but a warrior who has absolute purpose on a battle field, one who is unburdened by fear, pity, pain, or remorse. I look at that picture and I see such a warrior, I look at that picture and I see true strength, the likes of which to shame even Rhino, carved into her like etching into steel. I look at that picture... and I see a Berserker.

OK class creative story hour is over, remember next week we're covering poetry.

Edited by JerryMouse13

You know what would be amazing to do with the new Berserker Warframe?  Make it so that instead of going into the bleedout mode she goes into a rage mode first where she can only melee (maybe with her whips), and her melee damage and movement speed is doubled, then once the rage mode timer expires she goes into bleedout mode.

Even better would be to tie her rage mode to her bleedout mode for synergy, i.e. bleedout mods effect rage mode.

Edited by Mega_Tyrant

For me at least, Body language, and actions speak for strength far more than sheer muscle mass ever will. I suppose that's a matter of personal opinion, but meh...

For me the 'strength' of a true berserker is almost never physical, but mental. A berserker can be physically strong yes, but their true power is the ability to fight heedless of injuries and exhaustion. In a scenario where any other solider would have fallen over dead a berserker will stand tall and fight on.

There's nothing quite so terrifying as an enemy that's missing an arm, has more of their blood on the ground than in them, who's body has been beaten beyond all recognition, and comes at you laughing with the sheer thrill of it. 

That should be the quintessential essence of a berserker. Not a muscle bound yahoo who has anger management issues, but a warrior who has absolute purpose on a battle field, one who is unburdened by fear, pity, pain, or remorse. I look at that picture and I see such a warrior, I look at that picture and I see true strength, the likes of which to shame even Rhino, carved into her like etching into steel. I look at that picture... and I see a Berserker.

OK class creative story hour is over, remember next week we're covering poetry.

And I completely agree with that, taking enjoyment from history the more historically constant idea of a berserker holds some appeal to me, as it reminds of the Berserker from Untold Legends, a game I spent an enormous amount of time playing. All I'm saying is that others might be sick of squishy female frames, and with the aesthetic of this one, one can assume that Berserker will be no different. I for one, plan on waiting until more is shown ,such as her abilities, before making an opinion.

You know what would be amazing to do with the new Berserker Warframe?  Make it so that instead of going into the bleedout mode she goes into a rage mode first where she can only melee (maybe with her whips), and her melee damage and movement speed is doubled, then once the rage mode timer expires she goes into bleedout mode.

Even better would be to tie her rage mode to her bleedout mode for synergy, i.e. bleedout mods effect rage mode.

Why not post that idea in the Design Council thread? Or have you already? I'm sure they'll see it there instead of here.

I'm definitely sick of the supermodel bods. The Berserk concept gave me hope for something a bit more muscular and armoured than your average video game "chick" and now I'm sad.

I'll get over it, but I'd still rather they beef her up a bit. Or at least promise the next femframe is better built.

Edited by ValhaHazred

For the people who dislike the design.

I challenge you.

:)

Please draw me what you envisioned her to look like.

If you say "why don't you draw."

Well I can my major is Graphic Design :)

But I'm just interested to see others visions.  If that said vision has nothing to do with "meme" or "weeaboo."

I'm honestly disappointed. When they said "Berserker" frame, and said it was female, I was expecting something a little different from every other female bodytype-- something a little thicker, with more muscle tone, like the female equivalent to Rhino. Or at least closer than this. But it looks like they're giving us the same bodytype as every other female Warframe, but with different legs.

Looks more like a ninja with cool gloves, yeah.