Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Bezerker Warframe W/ Whip

Renathy

They've already leaked her abilities.

1: Turns shield into an attack.

2: Undecided.

3: Paralyzes an enemy(assuming only one) and buffs nearby Tenno.

4: Soaks all damage and ignores it all but takes all of the damage if she fails to kill all nearby enemies.

This is their best idea at a Berserker?

It makes me sad, I had such high hopes for this frame.

Those aren't leaked abilities, and no those aren't hers, those were examples that were mentioned by Scott to the Design Counsel, he even said they were just ideas, and that "Nothing is set in stone", this is just a poorly mistranslated rumor.

Those aren't leaked abilities, and no those aren't hers, those were examples that were mentioned by Scott to the Design Counsel, he even said they were just ideas, and that "Nothing is set in stone", this is just a poorly mistranslated rumor.

*heavy breath of relief*

Thank God.

Can I hug you?

They've already leaked her abilities.

1: Turns shield into an attack.

2: Undecided.

3: Paralyzes an enemy(assuming only one) and buffs nearby Tenno.

4: Soaks all damage and ignores it all but takes all of the damage if she fails to kill all nearby enemies.

This is their best idea at a Berserker?

It makes me sad, I had such high hopes for this frame.

Why is that?

'Cause the only one I'm dubious of is the fear debuff, the other two seem really interesting concepts.

Edited by JerryMouse13

Only if you don't realize that her leg's are back bent, and she's walking on pads like most digitigrade creatures. I think this is a problem of preconceived viewpoints, people only see them as heels because they expect to see them.

Hm.  I double checked, 'cause I felt like an &#! for a minute there.

But no, those are totally heels.

Here's an image with the contrast upped along with the brightness so you can tell the grey heels from the grey floor/shadow

ivgv88.png

It's most evident with the right hand one(her left foot).  You can see the heel part reaching down to the floor and even see the curve of the heel...uh... spoke?

You spent 100 bucks not only for the design council. You also got an absorbent amount of plat, and exclusive items. You also get sneak peaks at things before anyone else does (and don't point out things get leaked. That's not DE's fault - that's asshats being asshats.) And, as you just stated, you DO end up having a pretty big voice on what goes into Warframe next - the Berserker being only one example.

BDSM fetish? Really? Because whips are being added to the game? Or is it because she looks like she escaped from the Corpus?

A: Whips. People have been asking for whips for months now, since even within closed beta.

TL;DR - her current look is story driven. And frankly, she doesn't look bad nor "BDSM" like. Maybe you have a few skulls in your closet friend, because that sort of thing was far, -far-, from my mind when I first saw her. My first thought was - she looks a mix of vulnerable and enraged at such vulnerability. Beautiful, yet grotesque due to seemingly having no "skin". I truly applaud the art team on this one, because they made her incredibly unique. She doesn't look like your typical "Berserker" nor your typical "Warframe" yet at the same time she accentuates both. That is an insane accomplishment.

No, I understand and like the Idea of literally "Skinless" being the exact opposite of having heavy armor.

But the idea basing a Beserker around the idea of torture and suffering and not around Ripping and Tearing is pretty much tangential to the idea of a beserker.

It gives off the impression that she "Enjoys" the pain, torture, and suffering rather than directly displaying the fact that she's a Mauling killer.
The fact that she is still "Lithe and nimble" and utterly lacking COMPLETELY in upper body strength (with smaller arms and shoulders than NOVA) only proceeds to add on to this idea.

If the Beserker is based off of rage, and not enjoying pain, then why would she leave the facial brace that is reminiscent of a damned Slaaneshi Cultist/Heretic on her head?

xq5bDTJ.png

Now that I'm a lot more calm, and with personal testimony from a lot of the council, I do know that that the players have a a lot of input, but the Beserker is definitely not one of them.

The only input was that "Beserker" was one of the options on a poll forever ago.

We were then abruptly formed that most of her abilites were already conceptualized and that they already had concept art out.

IMO. She looks fine from a core concept point. Love the Skinlessness.

But if she is to be a character with an "Only-Melee" state, then she definitely needs a good bit more upper body strength. Yes she's female, but part of what people are complaining about the Beserker being female is that she won't appear to be strong. I, at first, was confident that DE would not make that kind of a bluder. Lo and behold they did.

Just make her look stronger.
Use muscles and muscle structure to further emphasize her skinlessness.

Only good things can come from that.

And if it doesn't interupt the model with serious clipping, please make the claws more noticable.

People were specifically asking for NOT-catwoman claws when they did ask for claws.

Secondly please change the face.

Make it look like something other than a spiked facial brace.

The Gauntlets are fine, showing that she was once enslaved or "chained" as well as adding more mass behind her punches.

But the Face is bad.

I get it if you're trying to sell alt-helmets, but if that's the case, don't screw that up as much as mag's alt helms.

The Mask does NOT look "Angry"

We want RAGE!

Not "Helpless, vulnerable, and enslaved"

It's hard to make a featureless face look angry, but if you remove the Choker and the C-clamp on the sides of the head, 90% of that job is done.

Why is that?

'Cause the only one I'm dubious of is the fear debuff, the other two seem really interesting concepts.

1: Lunges at her foes swinging her whip/claw in a 5 meter AoE at the destination of the target.

2: Slam the ground in rage making everyone within about an 5 meter radius flew back in a ragdoll fashion.

3: Does a 360 spin extending her arms and her whips, attacking everyone within a 10 meter radius. Those getting hit by her claws taking increased damage as opposed to taking damage from the whips.

4: Goes into a completely feral state, priming her claws with energy and rage. During this state you cannot shoot guns and your melee is replaced by your frames very own claws. You do increased damage and resist almost all incoming damage. Melee strikes could probably do 500-700 damage per strike and use this in rapid succession allowing you to tear through enemies. Basically you'd be able to do combos and such with your claws and shred anything in your way for a little bit of time.

That's just some on the spot stuff.

When I think beserker I do not think team buffs, I think that they need to fend for themselves only.

Edited by Anarties

Are you saying they may change the skills she has now?

Because right now her skills are of the worst I've ever seen.

I really don't see the problem with the current skills they've suggested, but yes they aren't set in stone yet. Everything is subjected to change skill-wise.

But really, I see no problem with what has been revealed (Also, keep in mind that these skills were ONLY revealed to the Design Council. They were not supposed to be given to the general public for exactly this reason - people jump to conclusions and rage about something that isn't even in the game yet.)

According to a leaked post: her first ability that was suggested is "Shield Projection", which sounds like she sacrifices her shields to do damage. Sounds berserker-like to me. risk v. reward.

Another suggested one is Intimidate. Paralyzes an enemy and buffs teammates. A mixture of CC and helps your team. I see no problem with that. And I'd think a Berserker could intimade a few folks.

Her "ulti" ability that was suggested is Last Stand. She gains invulnerability, but limited only to melee. Damage taken during this is "stored" until a timer runs out unless she kills everything around her. Again, I see no problem with what this ability entails. It's a straight up, total "Berserker" style ability. Obviously if it's implemented it'll be tweaked and worked with. Remember - these are all IDEAS suggested by DE. They're giving the Design Council the ability to choose and give suggestions (And they do also take suggestions from the public too.)

Edit:

There you go. Straight from a master+ founder's mouth...well, finger tips.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I really don't see the problem with the current skills they've suggested, but yes they aren't set in stone yet. Everything is subjected to change skill-wise.

But really, I see no problem with what has been revealed (Also, keep in mind that these skills were ONLY revealed to the Design Council. They were not supposed to be given to the general public for exactly this reason - people jump to conclusions and rage about something that isn't even in the game yet.)

According to a leaked post: her first ability that was suggested is "Shield Projection", which sounds like she sacrifices her shields to do damage. Sounds berserker-like to me. risk v. reward.

Another suggested one is Intimidate. Paralyzes an enemy and buffs teammates. A mixture of CC and helps your team. I see no problem with that. And I'd think a Berserker could intimade a few folks.

Her "ulti" ability that was suggested is Last Stand. She gains invulnerability, but limited only to melee. Damage taken during this is "stored" until a timer runs out unless she kills everything around her. Again, I see no problem with what this ability entails. It's a straight up, total "Berserker" style ability. Obviously if it's implemented it'll be tweaked and worked with. Remember - these are all IDEAS suggested by DE. They're giving the Design Council the ability to choose and give suggestions (And they do also take suggestions from the public too.)

The first one is fine.

3rd one is stupid because shocking one enemy? Nekros can scare a room away. This frame only shocks one and buffs everyone around her? She cannot buff herself? Useless skill in solo? I think so.

Her 4th is pretty dumb. This game has insane amount enemies. If she fails to kill every enemy around her, let's say 100, she takes all of the damage she has received? That's not even remotely good.

You should see my suggestion that I've just posted.

Edited by Anarties

Edit:

There you go. Straight from a master+ founder's mouth...well, finger tips.

I've seen Founders be wrong about information before.

One said the Crossbow was not done the day before it came out.

Trust is fleeting when so many can be wrong.

Upon seeing this. The previous Posts of the Berserker Class looks pretty more decent than this bizarre, hideous Alien Warframe.

Seriously, zoom in her face. 

...Have you seen the current Warframes? They all look like that. Zoom in on half of their faces and you'll see some sort of happy face or another. -Points at Loki- Also, Alien? -Points at Ember Feet, Many Frame's Multiple fingers/toes, Nekros as a whole.-

Edited by SJunior

...Have you seen the current Warframes? They all look like that. Zoom in on half of their faces and you'll see some sort of happy face or another. -Points at Loki- Also, Alien? -Points at Ember Feet, Many Frame's Multiple fingers/toes, Nekros as a whole.-

MAG's feet only have two toes.

Hm.  I double checked, 'cause I felt like an &#! for a minute there.

But no, those are totally heels.

Here's an image with the contrast upped along with the brightness so you can tell the grey heels from the grey floor/shadow

ivgv88.png

It's most evident with the right hand one(her left foot).  You can see the heel part reaching down to the floor and even see the curve of the heel...uh... spoke?

That's not actually an uncommon feature on some digitigrades, particularly on large bipeds the heel will have a spur or pad to support the bodies weight, and allow the muscles to rest while standing. There are a number of fossilized skeletons that show similar features. Admittedly they might be slightly stylized, but the biology behind it is sound.

The first one is fine.

3rd one is stupid because shocking one enemy? Nekros can scare a room away. This frame only shocks one and buffs everyone around her? She cannot buff herself? Useless skill in solo? I think so.

Her 4th is pretty dumb. This game has insane amount enemies. If she fails to kill every enemy around her, let's say 100, she takes all of the damage she has received? That's not even remotely good.

Her proposed fourth isn't mechanically sound as is certainly, but I believe that the idea itself has merit. It certainly feels like an ability that would suit the 'frame well. The third though I completely agree with you, Nekros already has it, we don't really need it again.

Edited by JerryMouse13

You should see my suggestion that I've just posted.

With only Melee by the way, which is terrible as of now.

And for reasons that a 6x damage buff can't fix.

That's not actually an uncommon feature on some digitigrades, particularly on large bipeds the heel will have a spur or pad to support the bodies weight, and allow the muscles to rest while standing. There are a number of fossilized skeletons that show similar features.

Her proposed fourth isn't mechanically sound as is certainly, but I believe that the idea itself has merit. It certainly feels like an ability that would suit the 'frame well. The third though I completely agree with you, Nekros already has it, we don't really need it again.

I had a better version of her 4th planned in a previous post.

You make her use her claws instead of being bland and just using weapons.

A true berserker who had claws at their disposal would forget the weapons and slice everything up.

they need to give that to this frame and let her shred everything with those claws of hers.

No, I understand and like the Idea of literally "Skinless" being the exact opposite of having heavy armor.

But the idea basing a Beserker around the idea of torture and suffering and not around Ripping and Tearing is pretty much tangential to the idea of a beserker.

It gives off the impression that she "Enjoys" the pain, torture, and suffering rather than directly displaying the fact that she's a Mauling killer.

The fact that she is still "Lithe and nimble" and utterly lacking COMPLETELY in upper body strength (with smaller arms and shoulders than NOVA) only proceeds to add on to this idea.

If the Beserker is based off of rage, and not enjoying pain, then why would she leave the facial brace that is reminiscent of a damned Slaaneshi Cultist/Heretic on her head?

xq5bDTJ.png

Now that I'm a lot more calm, and with personal testimony from a lot of the council, I do know that that the players have a a lot of input, but the Beserker is definitely not one of them.

The only input was that "Beserker" was one of the options on a poll forever ago.

We were then abruptly formed that most of her abilites were already conceptualized and that they already had concept art out.

IMO. She looks fine from a core concept point. Love the Skinlessness.

But if she is to be a character with an "Only-Melee" state, then she definitely needs a good bit more upper body strength. Yes she's female, but part of what people are complaining about the Beserker being female is that she won't appear to be strong. I, at first, was confident that DE would not make that kind of a bluder. Lo and behold they did.

Just make her look stronger.

Use muscles and muscle structure to further emphasize her skinlessness.

Only good things can come from that.

And if it doesn't interupt the model with serious clipping, please make the claws more noticable.

People were specifically asking for NOT-catwoman claws when they did ask for claws.

Secondly please change the face.

Make it look like something other than a spiked facial brace.

The Gauntlets are fine, showing that she was once enslaved or "chained" as well as adding more mass behind her punches.

But the Face is bad.

I get it if you're trying to sell alt-helmets, but if that's the case, don't screw that up as much as mag's alt helms.

The Mask does NOT look "Angry"

We want RAGE!

Not "Helpless, vulnerable, and enslaved"

It's hard to make a featureless face look angry, but if you remove the Choker and the C-clamp on the sides of the head, 90% of that job is done.

The first thing I want to state, is that the picture given to us was just that - a picture. A drawing. With input it can be changed and altered if the artists and graphics designers agree to it.

As for the neck brace, I don't see what you're talking about. That looks NOTHING like the picture given other than it's circular.

Again, I don't see this warframe having anything to do with torture and suffering other than the connection she has with Alad V. Though none of her abilities are set in stone, it doesn't seem like DE is going to give her abilities pertaining to being captured.

As for her looks, yet again I just don't see what you're talking about. She's not dripping with blood, she doesn't have needles stabbed on her body, she doesn't have whip lashes on her back. The only thing she has that pertains to what you're talking about is the cuffs, which ends up showing off a far different personality in my opinion. It shows ferocity. She had the strength and power to somehow rip out of the restraints she was held in, whereas many other Tenno and warframes were unable. She's a survivor, and probably wears those cuffs to signify this. She's not weak, not suffering. She's a @(*()$ badass.

At the same time however, those cuffs and the neck brace may just be part of the picture to signify where she has been. They may not even be on the frame herself when she's released. Keep that in mind.

That's not actually an uncommon feature on some digitigrades, particularly on large bipeds the heel will have a spur or pad to support the bodies weight, and allow the muscles to rest while standing. There are a number of fossilized skeletons that show similar features. Admittedly they might be slightly stylized, but the biology behind it is sound.

...If you legitimately think that's what the designer was intending, bone spurs to rest on.  Instead of simply adding high heels to yet another female frame, because she's female, I...

I guess I'm suppose to insult you there but for all I know that IS what they were trying. *shrug*

I just think that, given the history of... uh... everything... I don't think it's a very solid argument.  Inductive logic n'all.

Occam's razor, if you'd rather.  I'd first assume they are designing under the same principles used in dang near every other "sexy" design ever... Or that the concept arists have an exceptional grasp of evolutionary biology and paleontology...

Well, the latter might be true. I have more evidence for the former at the moment. So...

The first thing I want to state, is that the picture given to us was just that - a picture. A drawing. With input it can be changed and altered if the artists and graphics designers agree to it.

At the same time however, those cuffs and the neck brace may just be part of the picture to signify where she has been. They may not even be on the frame herself when she's released. Keep that in mind.

That is what I am Asking for.

I Am asking that they Emphasize the Muscle structure,

It plays off of their desire to make her look skinless. and giving her defined muscles do this.

By increasing the upper body strength and mass,

As Well as removing the Head Brace,

Do nothing but play into the idea that she is a meaty beserker whose primary defining characteristic is skinlessness.

If they need something to define the silhouette through walls, the digitigrade legs and gauntlets would do well for that, the Headgear is not needed.

The less "restricted" she appears (as a choker/collar implies) the better she appears as a unrestrained and relentless beserker.

Broken chains and gauntlets implies the opposite, that she cannot be contained, and blend rather well.

The Collar does the exact opposite.

Love the mask, Hate the C-clamp and Collar.

...If you legitimately think that's what the designer was intending, bone spurs to rest on.  Instead of simply adding high heels to yet another female frame, because she's female, I...

I guess I'm suppose to insult you there but for all I know that IS what they were trying. *shrug*

I just think that, given the history of... uh... everything... I don't think it's a very solid argument.  Inductive logic n'all.

Occam's razor, if you'd rather.  I'd first assume they are designing under the same principles used in dang near every other "sexy" design ever... Or that the concept arists have an exceptional grasp of evolutionary biology and paleontology...

Well, the latter might be true. I have more evidence for the former at the moment. So...

DE can be far smarter than some people give them give them credit for, MOAs are named after a dead bird of similar design, a lot of the frames have their anatomy/outfits based on their powers, Embers leg things are similar to heatsinks, Mag has giant magnets on her arms and has almost metal on her, Nova is just an anti-matter reactor, Saryn has a living fungal farm on her, Volt also has some sort of conductors on his arms, his head is also aerodynamic to support his faster running speed and his legs are also built with speed in mind.

That and heels aren't actually just a female thing, when it comes to stealth putting your whole foot down is a bad idea, heels are helpful cause they allow you to walk without the base of your foot touching the ground,if anything, all tenno should be wearing heels.