Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'which Side?' Megathread. With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Gravefire

This topic makes no sense. OP wants a third option to go rogue and fight both factions.

He doesnt realize thats what he do all the time everytime he receives missions from Lotus or run around meteors to farm resources. 

/thread 

Edited by yeomanry

Bullsh-t there will be a way to not choose either side, I guarantee it

The event comes out tomorrow. I doubt it.

Also, that will go against the whole idea of an event; If you ally with Corpus on a Grineer Defense mission, that mission will turn into a Corpus one. What are we gonna do? Defend a Cryopod from other Tenno?

Thematically it makes no sense, first the Lotus says they can't in good conscience tell you who to pick before only listing positives for one side and negatives for the other.

It's plain bad writing, almost to the point of being a three card trick with one card missing.

Also we already know exactly what is happening to those captured Tenno, they're going to end up being diced up as part of U11 so the playerbase's choice has even less bearing on meaning anything to the lore/story/whatever.

Think of the whole situation as a hostage situation. If we were to take military action(Grineer) against the terrorists(Corpus), then the terrorists(Corpus) would dice the hostages(Frozed Tenno) because they have no use anymore. Now, the Lotus does not want to negotiate with the Corpus, but she has to because if not, the hostages will die. In exchange for protection, we get a chance of getting the cryo Tenno from the Corpus, forcefully, sneakily, negotiated-ly, or otherwise. A second benefit from this protection would cause the Grineer to weaken due to a rash decision in starting war. 

In simpler terms, we are getting blackmailed to fight for the Corpus, and it has additional benefits.

The only thing I am confused with, is the playerbase not understanding this.

The thing I don't like is how we obviously know that the cryopods are there now. Why don't we just stealthily spring them, watch the Grineer and Corpus fight it out (maybe take a side if one gets an upper hand), and laugh when they figure out that the thing they're fighting for isn't there anymore?

you..... I like you. AND ur idea >:D