Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tamamo, Kitsume Frame

keikogi

Saw a few Ideas for kitsume (namely @FoxDefender)  frame and that got me thinking into my own one. I also saw a few quite interesting casting mechanics(namely % energy cost and using skill interacting with the railjack or helminth skill sharing in mind ) on Lemegeton - The Grand Magus and they inspired me to create a few skills. 

Stars

Health – 75 (225)

Shields – 150 (450)

Armor – 75

Energy – 200(300)

Speed – 1.1

Passive  

Tamamo grows tails over the length of the mission. Tamamo starts the mission with 1 tail and will gain additional ones over the length of the mission. Tails will grow at the fallowing time. 

Spoiler

2 minutes into the mission the 2nd tail will appear

4 minutes into the mission the 3rd tail will appear

8 minutes into the mission the 4th tail will appear

16 minutes into the mission the 5th tail will appear

32 minutes into the mission the 6th tail will appear

64 minutes into the mission the 7th tail will appear

128 minutes into the mission the 8th tail will appear

256 minutes into the mission the 9th tail will appear

1.       Illusion

Tap (target on the cross hair)

Tamamo disguise herself to fool her enemies. The form chosen depends on the closest target from the crosshair. 

If it is an ally. She will copy this ally visuals and can use one of his skills by casting her 1 again (the skill available through the helminth system). If her shield break or she cast any other skill the disguise will be broken. 

If it is an enemy. She will disguise herself as a command unit from that faction and can use one their skills.  If her shield break or she cast any other skill the disguise will be broken.  List of Available command units and skills 

Spoiler

Grineer - becomes a elite shield lancer, casting her 1 again will deploy a frontal shield but restrict the player to his secondary weapon 

Corpus - Becomes a corpus tech, casting her 1 again will summon a shield drone 

Infested - Becomes a Zealoid Herald, casting her 1 again will throw a toxic bomb. Enemies affected by this toxin take increased damage from status procs. 

Sentient - Becomes a Almalgan Heqet, casting her 1 again will create a spectralist copy of her target.  

Hold (self-cast)

Tamamo becomes invisible and creates a copy of herself. This copy behaves like a specter but only deals 1 damage per hit. Invisibility last until your next strike. Maximum number active illusions is equal to the current amount of tails. Copies will be destroyed if their shield breaks. 

2.       Kitsume Dash

Tamamo tuns into a fox spirit. During this transformation she has increased movement speed and passing through enemies steals a small portion of their souls restoring a portion of her energy and shields. Movement speed bonus, shield and energy restoration increases with the number of tails Tamamo has. Firing a weapon, striking with a melee weapon or casting a skill will leave this form. 

Synergy: All Copies of Tamamo also turn into fox spirit. These fox spirits will rush towards the closest enemy and blow up weakening enemy’s souls. Enemies with weakened souls take increased damage from skills.

3.       Hoshi no tama (cost 10% of energy pool/s during the charge up time)

Tamamo feeds energy into her Orb awakening it. The orb will attack the enemies Tamamo is attacking , if Tamamo fires her gun the orb will release a fox fire bolt at that enemy, if Tamamo strikes the target with a melee weapon the orb will fly through the enemy burning them. The melee charge attack will launch the orb exploding upon impact.

Orb Math and Behavior

Spoiler

Orb behaves as glaive while Tamamo is performing melee strikes

Orb behaves as a launcher with a charge up time while Tamamo is firing her gun

Orb Base damage scales with energy spent and current number of tails

3.1 Genki Dama (augument)

The orb will also receive energy from ally skill casts an increases the blast radius of both fox fire bolts and the explosion.  

4.       Kitsune no Yomeiri

Tamamo proposes marriage to all enemies in a radius around her crosshair. All these enemies will fight each other until there only one enemy standing (if multiple enemies die at the same time the skill will resurrect one at full HP). The Groom will receive a potion and a weapon as his marriage gift. The weapon is a copy of one of Tamamo´s weapons and the potion will increase the enemy damage but reduce his life expectancy. Recasting this skill will propose to new enemies and the current groom will join the fight.

Synergy : Illusions of Tamamo will also cast this skill but will have a heavily reduce radius. The Grooms of the illusions will not receive a copy of Tamamo´s weapons nor the potion (well he felt in love with a 3-d drawing)

Marriage stuff

Spoiler

The weapon given is appropriate for that enemy type, melee enemies receive melee weapons, ranged enemies receive ranged weapons , enemies without weapons have Tamamo mods applied over their base damage.

Potion will increase enemy damage by 25 % and cost him 5 % of his HP per second.

Tamamo can mercy finisher her Groom whenever she wants.

The Bride will only targets enemies close to Tamamo´s crosshair, enemies targeting Tamamo or enemies targeted by Fox Wedding.

Animation 

Something like this 

Spoiler

WeeklyTintedHeron.webp

4.1 True love (augument)

Tamamo proposes marriage to all enemies in a radius around her cross hair and to the closest ally.  If the ally wins he only receives a potion but the potion will increase his damage by 50% , give him 50% attack speed , 50% firing speed , 50 % casting speed and 50% moviment speed.

Small rework due to  @BlackFlag625 feedback, Did a small rework taking into acount your feedback

I honestly want this frame, I'm a big fan of Kitsunes. Although I'd make a few tweaks to the ability roster.

I'd have the current number of tails act as a sort of damage booster/multiplier for her 3 and 4 abilities, that way her passive is useful for more than just her 1.

Speaking of the passive, maybe it would be based more on player survivability. Tails will grow in at certain time intervals, while getting downed would cost one or two. As the number of tails on a Kitsune is indicative of its age, bleeding out completely would reset the number of tails to one.

The 2 ability seems a bit odd, it appears to be a combination of Nyx's 1 and 3 abilities (Mind Control and Chaos respectively). However, considering that it fits almost perfectly with the Kitsune theme, I'd simply move it to the 4 position and do a bit of reordering:

1. Illusion

2. Fox Rush

3. Fox Orb

4. Fox Wedding (Adjusted so that energy drain is proportional to number of targets affected)

14 minutes ago, BlackFlag625 said:

'd have the current number of tails act as a sort of damage booster/multiplier for her 3 and 4 abilities, that way her passive is useful for more than just her 1.

The 4th already scales out of number of tails , see under the section of orb math. About the 3 , nice call. Maybe just incresing the energy regen or shield gain would work too.

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

Orb Math

Hide contents

Orb damage scales with the energy used to create it and current number or tails

Orb duration is based on the energy used and power duration

14 minutes ago, BlackFlag625 said:

The 2 ability seems a bit odd, it appears to be a combination of Nyx's 1 and 3 abilities (Mind Control and Chaos respectively). However, considering that it fits almost perfectly with the Kitsune theme, I'd simply move it to the 4 position and do a bit of reordering:

To be fair fox wedding is pretty much mind control but acutally good and chaos but reliable ( the wording implies the enemies won´t targert her , because they are fighting over her ). It fits the lore quite well because she did got a fair share of emperors to simp for her. My only concern against that is moving it to the forth slot would require a bit of a buff to radius of the "Chaos" part , right now my idea is more of brawl like radius ( something like 7 to 12 meters base intead of the usual 20 meters 4th skill have).

I missed the drop down bit... OOF

10 minutes ago, keikogi said:

To be fair fox wedding is pretty much mind control but acutally good and chaos but reliable ( the wording implies the enemies won´t targert her , because they are fighting over her ). It fits the lore quite well because she did got a fair share of emperors to simp for her. My only concern against that is moving it to the forth slot would require a bit of a buff to radius of the "Chaos" part , right now my idea is more of brawl like radius ( something like 7 to 12 meters base intead of the usual 20 meters 4th skill have).

Fair point, maybe it would be better suited to the 3 position. Considering that Fox Rush doesn't restore HP it would probably fit as a 2.

The only other thing that I see missing is the Warframe HP/Shield/Energy stats and the ability stats. Tamamo would probably be a high shield. low armor frame with her reliance on deception.

13 minutes ago, BlackFlag625 said:

The only other thing that I see missing is the Warframe HP/Shield/Energy stats and the ability stats. Tamamo would probably be a high shield. low armor frame with her reliance on deception

I usually do that kind of stuff later because I have to open up the wiki to thrown in some numbers with good reference. ALso most of the desing is skill and art; The numbers are not that relevant ( the way the numebers interact is more important than the numbers themselves because just by reading the way fox weding works you know it will work well unlike other forms of mind control ), But since it was requested gonna put them there. used wisp as referemce for stats. She already relies on shield gates , cc and dropping ( her 1 turns her invisible but it does not allow her to dps as others invisibilities ) as you can see by the way her skills work.

So does the animation of her 4th have the winning "groom" come to her to receive their prize after the rest are dead, does an icon just appear over their head representing the prize they claimed once they won, or perhaps does casting her 4th leave the potion and a wrapped-up bundle representing the weapon in the center of the radius of effect that the last affected target standing can go pick up?

Also I can imagine the Leverian entry for this one would be quite the story...

11 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

So does the animation of her 4th have the winning "groom" come to her to receive their prize after the rest are dead, does an icon just appear over their head representing the prize they claimed once they won, or perhaps does casting her 4th leave the potion and a wrapped-up bundle representing the weapon in the center of the radius of effect that the last affected target standing can go pick up?

As far as acasting animation is concened I tought it would be something like this for the inital cast 

tenor.gif?itemid=7736376

So enemies would essentially fight over who was the target 

As far as buff part is concerned I tought of somethinf like thowing a bento box with "sake" and a gun. 

Handmade-Wooden-Bento-Box.jpg

AS far as lleveriam is concerned I feel like the Ideal way to show her would be assassinating q high class political target, someone with around the level of power and influence of Parvos Granum , influent enough to commission his own warframe. Have him start being a nuisance to the Orokin and they decided to kill him.

The story would be Tamamo fighting her way trought his retinue and doing her best to avoid direct confrontation with the warframe bodyguard. Them have a final confrontation she looses to the guard warframe but manages to Charm the guy , the guy betrays his warframe and executes him. Them have a slow tale about how her powers grows over time when she gets new tails, have her even defending the guy from other assassins like necromech assault. But the guy just grows sick over time and Tamamo just keeps finding spies on his ranks. At last the guy dies of multiple organ failiture, what a unlucky lady.

moral of the story, bros before hoes.

Added a small bit of synergy to fox rush , now ilusions also turn into fox spirits and rush to the closent enemy. Lunging at them and blowing up weakening the enemies spirit 

2 minutes ago, KaffeRausch said:

I use the name "Tamamo" on a Warframe.
I'm getting the feeling we're running out of names.

Why not call Kitsune and call it 9-tailed fox?

Because tamamo no mae is the name of a famous kitsume. 

11 hours ago, BlackFlag625 said:

Would be interesting to see people debate how Fox Wedding works on infested XD.

She is just so charming that the little that remains of the original mind of the infested unit goes like must protect.

59 minutes ago, FoxDefender said:

hey hey! I really like your ideas) The only ult seemed to me very similar to the nyx ability 

it´s not mind control it is just  people simping way too much, diferent on a thematic level. Besides it is hard to create 4 truly unique skills at this point. 

1 hour ago, FoxDefender said:

hey hey! I really like your ideas) The only ult seemed to me very similar to the nyx ability 

One could say the same about Revenant's 1. I think this puts unique twist on current "Mind Control" abilities, especially considering the controlled enemy is chosen at random.

27 minutes ago, BlackFlag625 said:

One could say the same about Revenant's 1. I think this puts unique twist on current "Mind Control" abilities, especially considering the controlled enemy is chosen at random.

You kind of can choose. But that's the beauty of it. The enemies do not become ivunerable so you can kill other pretents until the one you want is the last one standing. It Would be even cooler of enemies had the type of dps that allow them to kill each other but as it is , it's already fairly interesting.

The only thing I can think to add at this point is new names for Tamamo's 2, 3, and 4. I did some research on Kitsunes and may have found a few contenders:

2. Fox Rush -> Kitsune Dash

3. Fox Orb -> Hoshi no tama (translates to Star Ball). In Kitsune mythology, the hoshi no tama is a sort of pearl that the kitsune carries, it is said to be the kitsune's soul given physical form.

4. Fox Wedding -> Vixen Charm (Vixen being the term for a female fox)

53 minutes ago, BlackFlag625 said:

The only thing I can think to add at this point is new names for Tamamo's 2, 3, and 4. I did some research on Kitsunes and may have found a few contenders:

2. Fox Rush -> Kitsune Dash

3. Fox Orb -> Hoshi no tama (translates to Star Ball). In Kitsune mythology, the hoshi no tama is a sort of pearl that the kitsune carries, it is said to be the kitsune's soul given physical form.

4. Fox Wedding -> Vixen Charm (Vixen being the term for a female fox)

These are some really good sugestion gonna edit the post to include them. 

On 2020-08-18 at 8:57 PM, keikogi said:

Acording too google it is Kitsune no yomeiri , Changing the name again 

Another thing that might be useful is Kuda-gitsune also known as Kanko or 'pipe fox', not quite sure how you'd incorporate them maybe revise fox dash some how? For additional inspiration look them up in the okami wiki and look up kudamon from digimon, those are the two modern culture references that I remember for them, okami if you're leaning towards mystical, kudamon is just interesting visually since he basically lives in a spent bullet casing

And since I've already been rude enough to suggest ability edits I'm going to suggest two more, first I'd alter her passive to allow more player control over tail growth, taking a certain amount of damage, using a certain number of abilities, or killing a certain amount of enemies just because some missions run short, like I can run a capture in two minutes start to finish OR you could have it where she has some kind of buff applied based on number of tails

Example: Kitsune Wisdom, for each tail Tamamo currently has she grants every warframe in her affinity range, including herself, a bit of guidance. 1st tail 1 sec to base ability duration, before mods, 2 meters to base range, and 3 percent efficiency, it would be 1 of these per tail either chosen at random or in a 1,2,3 cycle resulting in an additional 3 secs base duration, 6 meters base range, and 9% efficiency at 9 tails, the name alluding to 9 tailed kitsunes being very wise indeed.

I'd probably also rework Illusion not because it's bad per se, just a mix of it's kind been done and it's probably unrealistic to both program and use with warframes fast paced nature, I do have ideas but I don't want to try and take your frame and make it all about what I think it should be, so for suggestions maybe look into kitsune magic or maybe it's fox fire which I believe is just another type of illusion they do, also I just remembered that Type moon based a character on the same mythical figure, maybe look her up, thank you for using my earlier suggestions by the way, it made me pretty happy!

5 hours ago, (PS4)SlvrSwrd92 said:

And since I've already been rude enough to suggest ability edits I'm going to suggest two more, first I'd alter her passive to allow more player control over tail growth, taking a certain amount of damage,

Man this is forum if people were not supposed to coment about he topic there would not be a reply button.

Unless the frame has some form of taunt skill taking damage as trigger for other skill is bad design, it will just lead to people stading still in front of enemies as you can see with Croma.

, taking a certain amount of damage, using a certain number of abilities,

Using skill can be good but usually just leads people to cast the skill without any need (see gauss on realese ) just to stack a meter.

or killing a certain amount of enemies just because some missions run short

More often than not this just encourages toxicity because people will have an objective reason to fight over kills as you can see with the lone nidus in the corner hiding enemies from his allies

It not working on short missions is precisely the point, fairly sure lore wise it takes like a thousand years to get the full set. If I ever give numbers to this kit it would take like 24 hours to get the full set because you are not meant to get the full set. The first few one like second tail would be at like 3 , third at 9 , forth at 15 and from there it would start to take a while.

Also the passive already buffs either all skills either directly or indirectly ( increased number of illusions )

I'd probably also rework Illusion not because it's bad per se, just a mix of it's kind been done and it's probably unrealistic to both program and use with warframes fast paced nature, I do have ideas but I don't want to try and take your frame and make it all about what I think it should be

Idk if you are referring to wuclone , decoy or hall of mirros but if it close to any of them it is wuclone. Even being similar on design it is quite different on function wuclone is turret her illusions are distractions and extra source of cc and status procs. Also it is incredibke easy to use , people are firing at you tap one you dropped agro from you and now you are invisible until you try to murder something.  

ust remembered that Type moon based a character on the same mythical figure, maybe look her up, thank you for using my earlier suggestions by the way, it made me pretty happy!

You are welcome.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-08-12 at 5:32 PM, keikogi said:

Passive  

Tamamo grows tails over the length of the mission.

I love the idea of multiple tails growing, both thematically and as a mechanic, but why aren't the tails used by her abilities? Passives that strengthen over time, in the literal sense, are fine but once they reaches cap after x minutes has passed, the passive loses all of its appeal.

A possible solution could be having an "on shield gate" effect costing one tail (e.g. increases energy regen by 1 for x seconds). The tail growth rate would probably have to increase to accommodate the periodic loss of a tail. Each ability used could reduce the time it takes to grow the next tail by x seconds. This is just one of many and I'm sure you could think of something better. If you were to go with the above example, the actual "on shield gate" effect would probably have to be changed since she already has energy regen in her kit but the core of the suggestion still stands.

Btw. I meant in the literal sense as opposed to something like Nidus' Mutation stacks which doesn't actually have a [1:1] relationship with [time passed:mutations gained] and can be spent by preventing death meaning it can fluctuate.

Hold (target on the cross hair)

Tamamo shapeshifts into a copy of the target.

If she copies an ally she will copy their appearance and will be able to use 1 of their skill ( the one available through the helminth system, she can cast it by using her 1 ). Loosing her shields or casting any other skill will break the spell.

If she copies an enemy she can use one of their skills but firing her weapon, breaking her shields or casting any other skill will break the spell.

Love this. Just a thought... When the ability is copied over, will it scale off of her modded stats or the stats from the original owner? How would this affect her access to Helminth abilities inherited from the Helminth System? Could she technically have two helminth abilities at a time if she infuses one into her 2nd, 3rd, or 4th slot?

2.       Kitsume Dash

Tamamo tuns into a fox spirit and rushes forwards. Passing through enemies steals a small portion of their souls restoring energy and shields. Movement speed, shield regeneration and energy regeneration scale with the number of tails.

Synergy: All Copies of Tamamo also turn into fox spirit. These fox spirits will rush towards the closest enemy and blow up weakening enemy’s souls. Enemies with weakened souls take increased damage from skills.

I'm kind of interested in knowing how strong those buffs are supposed to be but this is overall great.

On 2020-08-13 at 5:01 AM, keikogi said:

As far as acasting animation is concened I tought it would be something like this for the inital cast 

tenor.gif?itemid=7736376

Another possible animation for Simp Machine?

Spoiler

BlushingAridIrrawaddydolphin.webp

WeeklyTintedHeron.webp

(I finally learned how to use gifs 😌)

Archived