Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tridolon Reward drops

xombob89

So if Ive understood correctly, the arcanes drop from the Eidolons as a pickup like the shards too? Because a bunch of times I just didnt find my pickup and got only 2 arcanes as a reward which is pretty annoying. Am I missing something here, like is there a map icon that shows its location or some other way of making sure I find it every time? Or have I just completely misunderstood everything and this is not how it works at all?

Its a pretty tedious fight without a very good team and you are always running against the clock so having to spend time looking your items around the landscape is pretty annoying to begin with. At one point I had my stuff stuck up in a tall tree and only found them after a teammate on archwing happened to see them up there.

Also, at one point when I didnt find any of my rewards a teammate said "we transported them to spawn" and when I went there I didnt see anything and extracted thus losing the last rewards. I thought other players cant move around your rewards like that but apparently some other people have experienced it too looking at some random reddit posts (or maybe we all just crazy).

Why cant these rewards just go directly to your inventory to avoid all this, since they arent affected by vacuum either?

If you kill an eidolon near a tree, some loot will be floating on top of such tree. It probably can't spawn inside of the tree, so it goes on top of it.

You can use Itzal to vacuum everything nearby.

Before heading to extraction, you can check the Mission Result screen, to so if you picked up everything.

Also, ALL the relevant goodies from eidolons come from the first lure that self-detonates. So, when you kill an eidolon, watch the lures, not the decaying body of the big fella. This should help you spot all the rewards.

IDK anything about moving the drops to spawn. Maybe people rush to the extraction before the first lure self-detonates, but after it's safe to ensure a "capture" hunt.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

If you kill an eidolon near a tree, some loot will be floating on top of such tree. It probably can't spawn inside of the tree, so it goes on top of it.

Itzal users are why it ends up in the trees, actually.

@xombob89 The loot spawns from the first connected lure that was attached to the Eidolon consistently until the capture animation begins (so if you stray mid-fight and the first detaches, then the next one that stayed in range is the loot designate, and so on).

This is why sometimes the loot can 'spawn' at the doorway - people zoomed back, the designated Lure teleported to them, and then blew up with loot.

However, if the host of the mission uses the Itzal's vacuuming ability, everyone's loot objects will have been forcibly moved to that point. So, if you're not in the business of being Big Succ yourself, you can be stuck looking around and wondering where the hell the shinies are, because some bell-end decided to suck them all up into the tree-line.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

It's not.

I've had loot spawn on top of trees even on solo hunts, without using itzal's vacuum.

Sorry, let me be more clear:

The loot is tied to the lure as previously described. Ergo, if by some freak of physics the Lure ends up climbing a tree, it's possible for the loot to be up there, but this is generally rare.

As it is possible for an Itzal-using host to forcibly relocate the whole ball-o-drops for the rest of the clients in the squad, it is the most common reason that loot can end up in unexpected locations off the ground.

We once had the loot spawned underneath the water surface in the lake. Apparently, one of the players with the main lure rushed to the shrine before it exploded and fell in the water taking the lure with him, and the lure exploded right there. Two people were able to pick up the shards, but not arcances, but me and another player could not get it despite trying everything including itzal's vacuum, K-drive, simple diving or even fishing. The only thing we did not try was Mag's passive as we did not have Mag in the team. Fortunately, it was Gantulyst, so there was more than enough time to start over.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Before heading to extraction, you can check the Mission Result screen, to so if you picked up everything.

Also, ALL the relevant goodies from eidolons come from the first lure that self-detonates. So, when you kill an eidolon, watch the lures, not the decaying body of the big fella. This should help you spot all the rewards.

IDK anything about moving the drops to spawn. Maybe people rush to the extraction before the first lure self-detonates, but after it's safe to ensure a "capture" hunt.

Ah that explains a lot, thanks. I tried to find some info at the wiki about the loot drops but somehow couldnt see any except for "it drops these rewards" but how and where it drops couldnt find anything.

It was my assumption the loot dropped from the eidolons themselves, but now it makes much more sense why its always all over the place.

Knowing all this Im actually even more surprised why they havent changed this to something more persistent. Way too much room for error with this kind of system, loot ending up under a lake for one as mentioned before. And host being able to manipulate YOUR loot drops sounds awful.

Ah yes... Eidolon Hunts.....

Why does DE design the most important loot in this game to not be affected by Vacuum, Not have its own HUD Icon and not be deposited directly into your Inventory ?

Yes If I do a endless mission Rotation I get Vitality or Ammo Drum directly in my inventory but if I capture a Hydrolyst it's like... WHERE MA LOOTS AT ? 😮

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Why does DE design the most important loot in this game to not be affected by Vacuum, Not have its own HUD Icon and not be deposited directly into your Inventory ?

Yes If I do a endless mission Rotation I get Vitality or Ammo Drum directly in my inventory but if I capture a Hydrolyst it's like... WHERE MA LOOTS AT ? 😮

Also not affected by loot skills (understandable), or the strongest damage buffs. (not so much)

The meta works in mysterious ways.

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Has there been any reason given as to why? 

Is it just some kind of visual thing like they expect players want to see a big pile of loot they can collect by hand or wut?

22 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Has there been any reason given as to why? 

Is it just some kind of visual thing like they expect players want to see a big pile of loot they can collect by hand or wut?

LoL... I don't know and I try not to think about DE's design choices to much because somethings are so stupid they give me a throbbing headache.... 

Archived