Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Sidearm Grenade Launcher

PettiTheYeti

Premise is simple; A single shot grenade launcher for a sidearm. Maybe an addition to the Clantech assortment of weapons in the Chem Labs? This would allow another class of Grineer to enter the game (Grenadier) to annoy us to death.

Single shot

Low impact damage (50 direct hit)

High AOE damage (300 x 4 meters)

Slow reload (1.75s)

Arcing shot (Torid style)

Sidearm/Secondary slot

For reference:

m203_pistol_grenade_launcher_1.jpg

EDIT:

Here is another suggestion for the same general idea, including some art, courtesy of user Vaskadar:

Single Shot Magnetic Grenade Launcher "Lamia"
Faction: Grineer
Function: A breech-loaded grenade launcher with a remote detonator and magnetic grenades. As a sidearm, it should draw from the 'heavy sidearm' category of ammunition (heavy sidearm pool is 90 rounds) and deal fairly high damage. The special function of the Lamia is that it draws shrapnel from the environment as it flies, collecting lethal metal fragments that surround the grenade and detonate on command, launching the lethal white-hot fragments in all directions in addition to its original explosive payload. Time undetonated equates to more damage.
Backstory: The Lamia was developed by Colonial Raiders on newer settlements to deal with obstructions and pesky wildlife, but was quickly adopted by the Grineer marines and integrated into their ever-expanding arsenal of cruel weaponry.

3IWGMl1.jpg

Although I'm not too fond of his firing mechanics, I really like the art style he has posted. Either way, I think it would be a welcome addition to the game.

Edited by PettiTheYeti

Yes! The Grineer need more Clantech anyway, I have all these Detonite Ampules and nothing to do with them D:

I agree. I've been asking for more Grineer clantech in every thread I felt it viable. They only have 2, versus 5 or 6 from Infested and Corpus techs.. It's long overdue.

I agree. I've been asking for more Grineer clantech in every thread I felt it viable. They only have 2, versus 5 or 6 from Infested and Corpus techs.. It's long overdue.

I'm pretty sure that the Chem lab is next in line for new content

Wouldn't mind at all, but the firing mechanics are VERY different from the Hydra, which is the other grenade launcher. Please include the description and credit me for the concept image.

The weapon is an homage to the Pariah grenade launcher, another game by Digital Extremes, so the firing mechanics must remain. The idea is that they'd carry the detonator in the left hand. Mid-air detonations would be really cool, too.

Edited by Vaskadar

Wouldn't mind at all, but the firing mechanics are VERY different from the Hydra, which is the other grenade launcher. Please include the description and credit me for the concept image.The weapon is an homage to the Pariah grenade launcher, another game by Digital Extremes, so the firing mechanics must remain. The idea is that they'd carry the detonator in the left hand. Mid-air detonations would be really cool, too.

Now that does sound fun.

Shoot over a group and detonate above them, adds some different mechanics, used to have a similar weapon in Nation Red.

Also, absolutely has to make the "phtum" sound on launch, and have an arc trajectory!

Good ideas both to the OP and Vaskadar.

DE has said they won't be adding grenades, so while I am partial to this idea, especially if these were some sort of support-ey weapon they probably won't happen. 

As Vaskadar mentioned, I've only ever heard of DE saying no to hand grenades, so I don't see why this type of weapon would ever be shot down..

As Vaskadar mentioned, I've only ever heard of DE saying no to hand grenades, so I don't see why this type of weapon would ever be shot down..

On top of the fact that we have a rocket launcher in the game already, so I don't think asking for a grenade launcher would be asking for too much.

as a sidearm, we're talking about a single shot per magazine, right? even then 300 damage (before mods) for a sidearm might be a tad too powerful. other than that, i think this would be pretty cool.

Yes, a single shot magazine, with a near-2 second reload. That's slower and less powerful than the Ogris, but still usable. I think it would fit in well.