Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Isolation Vault - Changes to make the bounty more active and enjoyable

lukinu_u

After playing some Isolations Vault bounties, I really like the concept and the first few runs were fun, after repeating it  over and over to get Necramech parts, I spotted a few concerns that are easy to fix and could make it a lot more interesting to replay. Since the mission is designed to be repeated, I really think it's important that playing it over and over doesn't become boring too fast, which is why I make this topic.

So for me, here are the two mains issues :

• The bounty rely too much on time-gate, which really encourage afk and dumb nuke loadout to clear the map while doing something else, on top of that it doesn't feel rewarding because you have no impact on what is happening.
    Don't get me wrong, the bait gather, boss fight and Operator puzzles are cool, but waiting time just break the fluidity and is not a good a thing.

• Some of the Necramech abilities are unecessarily frustrating and doesn't bring anything cool to the fight as long as punishing players for things they should be rewarded for (dealing damage, using operator, etc...).

To encourage players being more active and reward them for that as long as making the Necramech a bit less frustrating, the following changes will mainly add ways to fasten the current time-gated parts with various actions, and changes how some enemy Necramech abilties work to make them easier to understand and add ways to counter them.
To make the changes easier to understand, I will list the whole bounty steps and mark the changes in bold text :

• Step  1 :
    • Gather 6 baits samples and bring them to the bait station.
    • Protect the defense station for 90 seconds.
    • You can bring additional bait samples to reduce the timer by 3 seconds. Each player can only hold one additional sample at time.
    • Throw the bait on the infested door.

• Step 2 :
    • Enter the infested cave and stay alive for 180 seconds.
    • The toxicity level increase over time and the mission fails if you reach 100%, you can reduce with pick-ups from dead enemies.
    • In the infested cave, 12 small cysts are hidden and can each be destroyed to reduce the time by 10s (up to 120).
    • The cysts are closed and only open up for damage if the toxicity level is below 3%. This make this secondary objective doable only if the player already have no difficulty fighting.
  • Step 3 (boss) :
    • Enter the area.
    • Kill the Nechramech(s).
    • The following enemy Nechramechs abilities now work differently :
      • Damage deflect : Instead of instantly reflecting damage to the players without clear feedback of the ability being active, the Necramech now glow with a blue Aura, absorb damage during the power and throw them back as seeking projectiles. The projectiles can be dodged or blocked with melee parry.
      • Slow : While the slow is active you can use transference to interupt the ability, this will consume all your void energy.
      • Power block when you use transference : Instead removing your Warframe powers until you die, the ability put your warframe asleep and you will need to void blast it to wake it up. If you died as Operator before doing so, your Warframe will die to.
      • Void Dash lock : Instead of blocking void dash completely, it just remove all abilities tied to it, including Naramon passives.

• Step 3 (secondary Vault) :
    • Activate the void crystal with void damage.
    • Follow and protect Otak while he crack the vault locks.
    • Otak move at a constant speed, stop at each lock and take 10s to crack it.
    • Each player can overcharge Otak with void blast to increase his movement speed by +25% for 4 seconds, up to +100%. As the number of players decrease, the speed boost per player increase so the max is always 100%, but the duration decrease.
      • 1 player : +100% per player for 1s.
      • 2 players : +50% per player, for 2s.
      • 3 players : +33% per player, for 3s.
      • 4 players : +25% per player, for 4s.
    • Before Otak crack a lock, you can hack it to reduce the crack duration from 10s to 5s. You cannot use cyphers.
  • Complete the code sequence with void damage to open the vault and loot it.

While I like the idea, I think the Otak speed boost will be rather clunky. People would just use Wisp's speed mote and not have to worry about that mechanic.

27 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Don't get me wrong, the bait gather, boss fight and Operator puzzles are cool waiting time just break the fluidity and is not a good a thing.

You might wanna fix the wording here. I got real confused x).

I think DE also needs to increase the enemy density on the bait station section. Right now not much enemies spawn at all and it feels longer than it is because of it.

il y a 4 minutes, Aadi880 a dit :

You might wanna fix the wording here. I got real confused x).

I think DE also needs to increase the enemy density on the bait station section. Right now not much enemies spawn at all and it feels longer than it is because of it.

You're right, I just fixed it.

il y a 7 minutes, Aadi880 a dit :

While I like the idea, I think the Otak speed boost will be rather clunky. People would just use Wisp's speed mote and not have to worry about that mechanic.

A good alternatived would be to make only the strongest of both apply, rather than making both stacking. This would let people use Wisp, but still give an alternative if you don't want to play her.

il y a 5 minutes, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 a dit :

its health bar turns grey an ring on its head lights up.
clear enough to know you cant hurt it

It might be bugged then.
That's what I though at first, but I got OS with my own status while its health bar wasn't grayed. Also, from my experience the ring on his head doesn't seems directly tied with the deflect ability.

Archived