The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Flowers are Pretty Crass

DE can we just be real about it?

Lose the silly Flowers and instead have anguished Warframe heads half melting out of the wall? like something you'd see in The Thing '82

or maybe this freaky stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuE-fSKDnXU

quit pretending and lets us portray the Helminth Subsume for what it is.

(should be pretty easy to do, just borrow the shoulder ornament system from Liches... nail those heads to the wall instead)

I just really wish they would give options for these sorts of thing.  I'm sure some people would prefer the flowers over something grotesque, but there's just as many people that want grotesqueness over flowers.  DE really seems to be sliding into a watered down, almost comic relief, tone in what should be absolute horror.  The infested isn't something you should look at and smile or laugh or think "well that thing looks goofy".  It's body horror, it should be horrific.  If you want an example of what I mean, look at the absolute tonal dissonance between the Helminth Chair, something released in an update 4 years ago, and the new "Helminth" sitting behind it. 

Spoiler

warframe-tennocon2020-HelminthChair.jpg

Give us an option for if we want a big goofy space mouth or something actually serious looking in our orbiter.  Wish they would treat the Infested with at least SOME gravitas rather than just having them as a punchline.

Archived