Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Combos Instead Of Competitions.

VandalisedKiwi

We all now how selfish players can get, I know I too do the same, where you compete with others for the most kills or whatnot (the habit gets worse when it involves a nova)
But the idea im thinking of, its ridiculous and if it were to be taken up it would take a while to do I assume, but as emphasis on the whole coop side of the game, it would be a nice little mechanic if for example, a nova cast molecular prime, and then another different nova did the same, that the two overlapped and doubled the explosion range and d

damage, maybe thats a good concept idea, well for a name it can be called Prime Duplex?

(Throughout this post ill be referring to each power by the number it is assigned to for use such as Slash Dash being 1 and Radial Javelin being 4, thats just fyi)

Another few example ideas;

• {Burning Rage}Rhino stomp and Fire Blast: If say ember used fire blast, and rhino stepped into the flaming ring and stomped, the fire would burst out, like the ring would expand outwards, it would disperse but it would have a large range that sets enemies on fire.
  • {Shatter Globe}Sound Quake and Snow Globe: If banshee were to stand inside the snow globe and use a sound quake, the globe would begin to crack and shatter, stunning nearby enemies, the globe then shatters and is blasted outwards dealing heavy armour piercing damage to enemies hit by the shards.
  • {Burning Javelin}Fire Blast/World On Fire and Radial Javelin: Excalibur fires out radial javelin when near either fire blast or an ember using world on fire, the javelins then catch fire and blast out like normal, however they much like the bow mod thunderbolt explode on contact with enemies for surfaces.
  • (CubedOobleck suggested) {Prime Vortex}Molecular Prime and Vortex: Used to prime enemies being sucked into the vortex, once an enemy has died, the primed vortex goes into a supernova like state, instantly killing all enemies inside, and then exploding outwards leaving tesla balls nearby that last for x amount of blasts. X= number of enemies killed with vortex.
  • {Shaded Blessing}Blessing and Shadows Of The Dead: After nekros has summoned his shadows, trinity can cast blessing, granting the normal buffs, but also granting this buff to nekros' shadows, however, the blessing also grants the shadows x amount of extra existence. X= the tier of upgrade on blessing eg. -no upgrade=1/4 longer duration -full upgrade=double original duration.
  • {Radial Shock/Radial Burn/Radial Freeze}Radial Disarm and Shock/Freeze/FireBall: Simple enough, loki casts radial disarm, and then one of the 3 elemental warframes casts their 1 power on one of the disarmed enemies, this then spreads over all disarmed enemies, dealing 2x the original damage of the 1 power. Simple, but effective for clearing a small area. (not effective against infested) 
  • {Heated Metal}Overheat and Iron Skin: If both ember and rhino stand within a certain range of one another, and cast the stated abilities, the abilities will overlap, a small flame effect will travel between the two frames, and then they will both gain the attributes of both iron skin and overheat, however, overheat's damage is given x amount more damage and lasts until iron skin has been broken. X= depending on mod upgrade, 1/4 extra damage for no upgrades - 2x damage for full upgrade.
  • {Breakdown}Chaos and Molecular Prime: Nova casts molecular prime, priming enemies in the correct range, then nyx casts chaos, all primed enemies effected by chaos can prime non primed enemies by damaging them, this also drives the freshly primed enemies into chaos too, once chaos wears off, all primed and chaos enemies explode.

Also Im thinking, imagine the effect that combining these combo powers could have, especially in defense missions, for an example, using Prime Duplex, and then firing off Burning Javelin to set off the primed enemies, maybe this could add something even more, say, enemies that arent primed but are within a certain range of primed enemies will catch fire.

Anyway sorry about the wall.
I love you all, feel free to add feedback
However I dont think I need telling that this idea is unrealistic, OP and is very unlikely to happen, I those I know already.
-Maxxy

_/\_/\_EXTRA SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS_/\_/\_

Zeroythe Suggested:
Cooldowns and cutscenes.

Idea:
this is merely a suggestion -> A Cooldown could be that your energy will continue to be drained at x energy per second, the x as a placeholder for what tier of combo it was, for example two "4" powers combined would drain it at 4 per second, meaning that it will be very difficult to cast once again. However the cooldown would have to wear off after a certain amount of energy orbs are collected.
Nice idea!

Also thank you Zeroythe for pointing out your post about the same subject, link to his post is here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/121187-team-abilities/#entry1424892

On His post he points out the use of combining 1 powers, not just 4 powers, however the cooldown wouldnt be so harsh as it is on the 4 powers, and it also wouldnt last as long.

Edited by xXma3xyXx

Here is a similar topic I posted a few days ago, just wanted to throw some power combo ideas in:

I personally think it would be awesome if certain powers could work in conjunction with each other. My example for this would be Ember's Fireball and Excalibur's Slash Dash. Excalibur starts the Slash Dash animation and Ember hits him with a fireball leaving a Back to the Future style path of fire in his wake.

I would not want this to overwrite his normal slash dash so maybe use the 5 key to generate a prompt for ember to also press 5 and complete the action. I would love for the team to see a brief cut scene of the action showcasing the carnage. To keep this from getting old these would only be usable say once a level per character or perhaps on a cooldown. There would not need to be an insane variety to the team abilities as similar abilities could produce similar effects (Excalibur's Slash Dash and Rhino Charge would use the same animation).

This is not something I think would be necessary any time soon as the core mechanics are still being tweaked, but I would love to see this in the future. I think a short break maybe once a level to show some awesome ability cutting through enemies would be awesome every once in a while. I talked with another player for a while recently to discuss some of the frames that might be harder to come up with combos for, and we had some interesting ideas.

Loki and Volt- Radial Disarm removes the weapons from Grineer and Corpus, and Overload explodes them for massive damage.

Mag and Trinity- Mag uses pull to bring all the allies into range and Trinity uses a modified Well of Life to heal all teammates.

Nova and Rhino- Nova uses Wormhole to launch Rhino who does a modified Rhino Stomp (maybe the old Radial Blast animation?).

Mag and Saryn- Mag uses a modified Crush to pull all the nearby enemies into a ball above the frames, Saryn then uses Miasma to destroy them.

Ember and Trinity- Trinity uses link to tag nearby enemies and Ember hits her with a fireball, causing fire to travel down the link beams to all the tagged enemies.

Just a few of the very many ideas we had over a long conversation, there were many more that I've since forgotten. I think could be great way to showcase the frames destroying some enemies in a very cinematic manner. I think this would add some great awe inspiring moments to the game, after all we are space ninjas.... we should be doing some very brutal moves.

I see no wall of text so don't worry.

This sounds pretty amazing and flashy too, I do hate getting my Molecular Prime being overcast by another Nova, not that I use mprime alot, 

I do hope they put this on, combo seems like a great idea.

I would personally love to see some sort of cinematic showcasing the carnage, and make them on some kind of cooldown so they don't become overdone.

Thats a good point, I love that idea in fact.

A cutscene would be great, and then maybe the cooldown is that your energy will continue to be drained at x energy per second, the x as a placeholder for what tier of combo it was, for example two "4" powers combined would drain it at 4 per second, meaning that it will be very difficult to cast once again.

Nice idea!

How about Vortex and Molecular prime?

Every enemy in the Vortex will take full damage from the explosion of every other enemy, oh hold on, you can do that already :)

Then how about Radial Javelin inside a Bullet Attractor? No wait, it's there too...

Covering a Rhino or Excalibur in Teslas as they dash and charge? Check.

Using Pull to bring more enemies into ulti range? Check.

Putting a Snow Globe and a Crowd Control skill? Check.

ecc

There are already a lots of combos, players just don't use them.

Also, it's been a while, but DE said in one of their streams that they don't intend to script power combos.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Thats a good point, I love that idea in fact.

A cutscene would be great, and then maybe the cooldown is that your energy will continue to be drained at x energy per second, the x as a placeholder for what tier of combo it was, for example two "4" powers combined would drain it at 4 per second, meaning that it will be very difficult to cast once again.

Nice idea!

Cinematics will break the flow of battle in the current system, especially since you stop other players that aren't part of the "synergy" to keep actively fighting. There are quite a few fast-paced games that uses cinematics while playing and for the most part, it's hit or miss. In a multiplayer, especially online, it's easily a miss.

Well they say with damage/armor 2.0 there will combination effects happenning so maybe the combinations you are asking for would happen innately with combined warframe powers. Particularly those involving elements.

Here's hoping!

So far it seems that only elemental will benefit from those, which is why it would be cool to actually see integrated combos. People gave some good examples, including OP, and it also reminds me of the Unison system in Tales of Symphonia, where you can do certain moves to create a brand new one based on both.

For example, to get Gas damage (poison AoE), you need Toxic + Heat. Therefore, they could make it so that using Venom/Miasma on enemies while they are burning will cause additional Gas damage, or if Ember uses her powers while enemies are still affected by Saryn's ability.

While Frost slows enemies inside the Globe, or with Freeze/Ice Wave, using Ember's flames will create Blast damage (stun AoE). This list goes on.

For those that are non elemental, like Rhino Stomp and Sound Quake, following what OP and a few other said already about unique effects would be best. In fact, depending on the powers, even the elemental combinations one may create unique effects as opposed to restricting it to elemental change only.

Every enemy in the Vortex will take full damage from the explosion of every other enemy, oh hold on, you can do that already :)

Then how about Radial Javelin inside a Bullet Attractor? No wait, it's there too...

That's cool and all, but what about the rest? That was the point of the topic, and it's about creating combos more unique and implemented. I could say "what about Rhino Stomp detonating every enemies that are Primed at once? oh wait it does that already," but that's besides what we're talking about here.

Still, for those who didn't know about these two combos you pointed, at least it will be informative to them.

Edited by Casardis

Hm, maybe vortex and molecular prime, once one enemy dies in the vortex, it explodes? like the entire vortex and all the enemies explode, dispersing little tesla around the area? Sound good?

Here is how I would see this work:

Excalibur approaches a door and notices a sizable wave of grineer on the other side, presses "5" to start a combo attack. Ember, being the nearest frame, is prompted to press 5 to complete the attack (you do not need to complete the attack, you are given the option). The other two teammates are uneffected by the combo attack taking place. After ember presses 5 the combo attack starts and Excalibur and Ember are locked into the animation for the next few seconds. The camera moves to Ember who is slowly raising her left arm, which has a fireball that is slowly increasing in size. The camera pans behind Ember and you can see Excalibur in front of her starting a slash dash. Ember throws the fireball (with the camera following the fireball), and the fireball ignites Excalibur. The camera speeds in front of Excalibur who does a slash dash, leaving a trail of fire in his wake. The camera then returns to normal positions for both Ember and Excalibur, who resume normal play. The teammates are not effected by this, so there is no major break in the action. I would do a flat energy amount for the attack, since they are both 25 energy skills and this would have a similar area of effect to ice wave I would suggest 50 energy from each frame. Maybe use 5 for a smaller team attack and 6 for a larger? But again, these should be on some sort of cooldown... maybe once a mission? I would not want to see this every 30 seconds, it should be a rarer occurance and be awe inspiring.

Covering a Rhino or Excalibur in Teslas as they dash and charge? Check.

Using Pull to bring more enemies into ulti range? Check.

Putting a Snow Globe and a Crowd Control skill? Check.

ecc

There are already a lots of combos, players just don't use them.

Also, it's been a while, but DE said in one of their streams that they don't intend to script power combos.

Alrighty wise guy, its merely a suggestion, merely a concept for what could be, yes powers already do certain things together, however there is no existence of added effects which is what I and most others are suggesting,

if you dont have anything smart or positive to say then please, keep it to yourself

-thank you

Here is how I would see this work:

Excalibur approaches a door and notices a sizable wave of grineer on the other side, presses "5" to start a combo attack. Ember, being the nearest frame, is prompted to press 5 to complete the attack (you do not need to complete the attack, you are given the option). The other two teammates are uneffected by the combo attack taking place. After ember presses 5 the combo attack starts and Excalibur and Ember are locked into the animation for the next few seconds. The camera moves to Ember who is slowly raising her left arm, which has a fireball that is slowly increasing in size. The camera pans behind Ember and you can see Excalibur in front of her starting a slash dash. Ember throws the fireball (with the camera following the fireball), and the fireball ignites Excalibur. The camera speeds in front of Excalibur who does a slash dash, leaving a trail of fire in his wake. The camera then returns to normal positions for both Ember and Excalibur, who resume normal play. The teammates are not effected by this, so there is no major break in the action. I would do a flat energy amount for the attack, since they are both 25 energy skills and this would have a similar area of effect to ice wave I would suggest 50 energy from each frame. Maybe use 5 for a smaller team attack and 6 for a larger? But again, these should be on some sort of cooldown... maybe once a mission? I would not want to see this every 30 seconds, it should be a rarer occurance and be awe inspiring.

Fair suggestion, great point too, The power sounds epic and I mostly agree with the cutscene idea, however it would be hard for the cutscene to be adaptable to different rooms and places where the warframes are standing, so maybe they play an animation only, for some reasons, such as excalibur needs to be able to point himself in the correct direction before dashing, but perfect idea!