Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Rant About Rivens And Why I Hate Doing Relic-Runs For Them

GAleX-2712

18 minutes ago, superiouz said:

U already lost if u choose sliver than requiem mods. Lowest price is 10p even if its 8p u can run it 5x, to get riven. 

From that u can just buy veiled riven isnt it? 

You have me mistaken, I've already done relic-runs for Requiem Mods and already had killed my Lich. 

3 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

You have me mistaken, I've already done relic-runs for Requiem Mods and already had killed my Lich. 

Wait, you also think you think you have one and only one Lich?

According to your profile, you have yet to max any kuva weapons at all, and while you're part of a clan it's a Rank 4 Ghost Clan.

I really, really think you need to join a larger, newbie-friendly clan with experienced members and ask *a lot* of questions. The more you talk, the more suspicious I become of your understanding of this game. I'm inclined to side with Traubenzuckr, who put it well when he said "usually the people who play the game solo and are unaffiliated have strange notions about the game like you do, because there is no sharing of knowledge and experience". While you aren't solo, I suspect your clan is made up of only a handful of low-level perhaps-IRL friends that are about as experienced as you are, which is about the same thing.

Superiouz is right. Take the requiem mods. Even if you don't have an immediate need for them yourself, they're a better value to sell than to try to build up 10 riven shards. Basic math should show you that:

• 10x riven shards for a CHANCE at a melee/rifle riven mod worth ~35p means each shard is worth they're worth 3.5p per shard. Of course, if you wind up getting kitgun/pistol we're talking about less than 1p a piece.
  • VS. requiem mods that consistently go for 8-10p a piece.

If I were your coach, I'd slap the back of your helmet and tell you to get your head in the game...

6 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

Wait, you also think you think you have one and only one Lich?

According to your profile, you have yet to max any kuva weapons at all, and while you're part of a clan it's a Rank 4 Ghost Clan.

I really, really think you need to join a larger, newbie-friendly clan with experienced members and ask *a lot* of questions. The more you talk, the more suspicious I become of your understanding of this game. I'm inclined to side with Traubenzuckr, who put it well when he said "usually the people who play the game solo and are unaffiliated have strange notions about the game like you do, because there is no sharing of knowledge and experience". While you aren't solo, I suspect your clan is made up of only a handful of low-level perhaps-IRL friends that are about as experienced as you are, which is about the same thing.

Superiouz is right. Take the requiem mods. Even if you don't have an immediate need for them yourself, they're a better value to sell than to try to build up 10 riven shards. Basic math should show you that:

• 10x riven shards for a CHANCE at a melee/rifle riven mod worth ~35p means each shard is worth they're worth 3.5p per shard. Of course, if you wind up getting kitgun/pistol we're talking about less than 1p a piece.
  • VS. requiem mods that consistently go for 8-10p a piece.

If I were your coach, I'd slap the back of your helmet and tell you to get your head in the game...

..No? I don't mean only one Lich. 

I've not been really active in my clan lately on Warframe nor other places. What clan would you recommend to me that's newbie-friendly. 

But thank you and Superiouz for recommending this to me, I'll try it now. 

2 minutes ago, GAleX-2712 said:

..No? I don't mean only one Lich. 

Your exact words were "I've already done relic-runs for Requiem Mods and already had killed my Lich." The reality is:

• There are infinitely many Liches for you to kill (or capture). Even longtime vets are forever hunting those 60% good-element weapons. You're only "done" if you choose to be.
  • Even if you choose to be done hunting Liches, the requiem mods are still objectively a better value than shards.
2 minutes ago, GAleX-2712 said:

What clan would you recommend to me that's newbie-friendly. 

Somebody else would have to help you with that one, but I'm sure you can find one. Just say you're looking for a clan in Recruiting Chat sometime and talk with whoever tries to recruit. I'm sure there are a lot of clans looking for members right now, since Deimos just made mutagen sample farming for the Hema much more convenient and that's usually one of the big barriers towards people starting their own clans. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

Somebody else would have to help you with that one, but I'm sure you can find one. Just say you're looking for a clan in Recruiting Chat sometime and talk with whoever tries to recruit. I'm sure there are a lot of clans looking for members right now, since Deimos just made mutagen sample farming for the Hema much more convenient and that's usually one of the big barriers towards people starting their own clans. Good luck.

I hope the one I'm in now won't be upset. 

I mean, are you contributing lots of materials towards Clan Research and Rooms? Are you recruiting? Are you hosting the clan discord, web page, or other resources? If not, your clan would probably rather bring in someone who does. Ghost clans only have 10 slots for members before they need to grow and explode the resource costs to bring in more people, so anyone that isn't doing much is kind of dead weight. And your exact words were "I've not been really active in my clan lately on Warframe nor other places." so I suspect you're just kinda.. there.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Clan hopping happens; a lot of times it takes a few tries before you find the clan with the right people, setup, and dojo that works for you. It's really working against you to start off in a Rank 4 Ghost Clan, since it's nice to join a clan that already has full research so you can grab the blueprints for the clan weapons and other stuff and level up more quickly.

or you can just ask anything u need to know in QnA chat tab.

anyway. back to your Post :

16 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

Rivens have plagued so much of the trade chat that it very much infuriates me when I've tried to sell just an average prime part before that I have only gotten least amounts of random chances and all I've been asked for is rivens after a trade. I have gotten so sick and tired that I'm being forced to go Riven now and just farming Requiem Relics makes me hate trading as a whole for how flooded it has become and overall toxic.

dont sell prime part there. sell it on  warframe market. ( i got 4k+ plat in 1-2 months from warframe market  and i dont sell riven, only sell primes and mods.  i dont use warframe market everyday, only if i need plat ).

check your inventory and mods, maybe u have jackpot.

17 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

Farming Rivens themselves is a treadmill because of how conflicted you are with people that are STILL doing Kuva Lich relic-runs for those god forsaken whatever-they-are-called Requiem Mods. Even so with only 1 player you will have a slap across the face with this beaming yellow light into your eyes, AN AYATAN AMBER STAR! Forcing you to do another run for a low-level chance of getting what you want. It feels like a serious kick in the case for this to repeatedly happen that it just makes you stuck. And even if you intend on going solo for them, they will rarely appear regardless. It is a unmeasurable disappointing nuisance for this to occur repeatedly. And even so when you can successfully get a randomized riven you are still going to be flooded by the trade chat relics, it has taken me to wait until either afternoon or night for my timeline for someone to actually see me and ask for my riven to give for a moderate price of platinum.

like i said before. dont farming riven that way.

if u want "farming riven" there are many better and efficient way.

17 hours ago, GAleX-2712 said:

I am so drained of playing Warframe due to this that I can barely bother with it anymore.. It has probably been said a million times already by Warframetubers like Rahetalius or Ashisogi Tenno, We are not mad that the grind exists, we are mad of what the grind does/how much it increases. You cannot tell me that farming platinum or rivens are easy by being so smug like someone from trade-chat by just simply secretly buying it with your actual money. 

im sure they dont mad about "farming riven shard from requiem relic" they probably dont think that grinding.

farming plat is easy but u need to play the game. aim your target. what u want to sell.

for example : look up your relic, u may have ton of limbo relic set a target to open the relic for a set.

1 set is around 70-100p  depend on timing.

or kronen prime relic because 1 blade is 70p

learn the price.

dont just farming vitality or ammo drum, because no one will buy that.

goodluck.

Archived