Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The easiest fix that can be added to remove the problem of one startchart node shared between a lich and normal mission.

Alseiker

The Lich system superposition in nodes can be solve so easily to remove the island that is the lich system right now, DE just have to:

• Remove the Lich nodes (keeping the red stuff covering the planet).
  • Add lich thralls to all startchart (They appear in a mission if any of the players in the squad has a lich hunting them), scale the thrall level to mission level and scale spawn rate with mission level too (less spawn rate in the earlier start chart, sedna and eris get more thralls,  but still they get less spawn than when the lich modifer is added). Only the players that are being hunted by the lich are gonna get their reward stolen and only them get the lichs messages.
  • Add the condition of spawning the Lich and leveling up all the mobs in the mission a conditions is applied:
    • The players are in a premade squad (3 or 4 players) or is playing solo..
  • Add a lich modifier (indicator that ta mission has a chance to spawn a lich) when the condition of spawning are gonna be applied.
  • Remove the freaking blue color of thralls, and limit the enemies to only kuva soldiers with a yellow or purple aura.

Pros:

• New players are not going to deal with liches, if you want ot deal with liches in early planets you have to do squad or solo.
  • No more node superposition.
  • More teamplay.
  • People that are playing and don't want ot deal with liches are free of them, since only premades squads and solo guys are the ones that deal with liches.

Cons:

• People are gonna rage because they can't clean thralls with saryn spores because muh invincibility phase,  and they don't want to see the enemy resting untargetable.
  • People are gonna rage because they want to play lvl20 missions with the boys.
  • Lots of bugs.

That's all.

34 minutes ago, Neoriek said:

if you want ot deal with liches in early planets you have to do squad or solo.

How does the game determine what is a premade squad, and what is a public squad? This isn’t going to work. If I group with a bunch of MR1 people and take them to Pluto to farm a resource, do they fight my Lich that lives there? 

Your whole idea seems pretty flawed. I often hunt my Lich with just one other person. Your system would mean I never find it. That’s the biggest con, and you missed it. Two player squads are being excluded from Lich hunting. For absolutely no reason.

No part of your idea is good. You are solving something that’s not really an issue with a complete rework of the system. I cannot see a single benefit to your system. DE could just force the Lich mission to the bottom of the list, that’s surely the easiest solution. Otherwise, if a Lich controls a node force people to use the Lich mission and not the regular mission - but don’t add pointless things like requiring people to be in teams. 

• Basically, you need to rethink your idea and drop the pointless restrictions.

I don't see the problem you are trying to fix nor the solution to the problem you invented. Lich missions are already separate from regular missions, you can only get pugs that are also hunting a lich in your game. If you want to play the regular node you have the option to do so.

There already is a solution. You click on the node, then click on either the normal mission, the Lich mission, or whatever else happens to be there.

There is literally no 'problem' here.

EDIT: Okay, I admit, that was in response solely to the title. After reading the actual post, wow... pretty much the only point I can agree with is that it would be cool if pre-existing Thralls were exclusively Kuva variants.

6 hours ago, --Excalibur-Prime-- said:

I don't see the problem you are trying to fix nor the solution to the problem you invented. Lich missions are already separate from regular missions, you can only get pugs that are also hunting a lich in your game. If you want to play the regular node you have the option to do so.

Holy... I didn't know you can make that, thanks dude.

Archived