Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meta

(PSN)DredgenCat

Troll or serious?

Concalve should not even exist in this game with so many frames, at best no powers and everyone uses the same equipment, to balance it heavy, but of coruse that is not the point of Warframe is it, variety and all. (even that even in PvE that is dead with Meta and damage taking over support and CC and so on)

3 hours ago, (PS4)DredgenCat said:

Conclave meta, Is there such a thing?

Unfortunately, yes. There are several weapons which are currently bugged and are doing absurd things. For example, there are some shotguns that will 1-shot people across the whole map, some melee weapons 1-shot people on slams / slides, One particular melee weapon knocks people off the map entirely, even preventing respawn for several minutes. One frame's passive is causing extended procs, turning even low damage proc weapons into delayed 1-shot weapons. These things all amount to bug abuse (i.e.: exploits). Unfortunately, DE does not punish or ban cheaters and exploiters, so these things have become the "meta" for players who want to grind standing as fast as possible, while ruining the game for everyone else. This is the reason why most of the dedicated conclave players now mostly play in private matches, where anybody who uses these exploits is never invited to join.

If you're interested in reliable loadouts that don't abuse exploits, For beginners, I recommend trying:

Braton series (all are good), Karak (regular and wraith), Lato (regular and vandal), Furis (I prefer Mk-1).

Apart from the exploit frame I mentioned earlier, the rest are all remarkably well balanced. You can perform well with your favorite frame, assuming it's available in conclave in the first place.

2 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Depends. Do you want people to constantly leave games, or collectively gang up on you when they see your loadout?

This person knows! If you choose to go the exploit route, you will instantly become by far the most dangerous player on the map. Everyone will shift priorities to take you out first. 

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Troll or serious?

Concalve should not even exist in this game with so many frames, at best no powers and everyone uses the same equipment, to balance it heavy, but of coruse that is not the point of Warframe is it, variety and all. (even that even in PvE that is dead with Meta and damage taking over support and CC and so on)

The frames are actually quite balanced! Even the vast majority of weapons are well balanced. When DE had 1 person working on conclave balance, all was good. We've currently had 0 people working on conclave balance for over a year, which has resulted in the unfixed exploits I mentioned. So, I don't quite agree with you here. If you had said "so many weapons with special effects" instead of "so many frames" then you would be correct. If all weapons with forced procs or toxin damage had their forced procs or toxin removed, and the broken math with falloff damage was corrected, then all would be balanced quite well!

9 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

If you're interested in reliable loadouts that don't abuse exploits, For beginners, I recommend trying:

Braton series (all are good), Karak (regular and wraith), Lato (regular and vandal), Furis (I prefer Mk-1).

To add onto this a little bit:

Try out a few different things and see what feels right, too. Some people probably feel more at home with semi-auto weapons. Some lean toward autos. I'm a bit partial toward burst weapons. And there are probably lunatics that use nothing but bows and projectiles. Much of it comes down to studying how you naturally posotion and aim - do you tend to trace targets, or lead them? Are you up close and personal, or further away? - and, well, testing lots. Most weapons are closely balanced that the difference in performance isn't the weapon, but how you jive with it.

@(PS4)DredgenCat

Archived