Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth + Devstream Statistics + Reasons

Velitria

2020.09.18-14.44.png

Above is the most Subsumed Warframes.

2020.09.18-14.45.png

Above is the most applied Helminth abilities to other frames.

2020.09.18-14.47.png

Above is the most replaced abilities.

These are the stats shown in the last devstream that tell information, but what does it mean?

Well to start, Rhino is the most Subsumed Warframe because DE made us fight the Jackal 5 billion times for the two weapon blueprints and with many forced sorties.

Oberon is second because he's literally the adopted child warframe with how many spare parts you have.

Valkyr is also easily obtained on Jupiter.

Ash is easily obtained if you do grineer missions (I could make hundreds of ash's by this point, though not thousands like oberon).

However, that is subsumed frames and doesn't mean anything. How about the most applied abilities?

Excluding helminth abilities (because they are cheap and to rankup helminth and try them...) Roar is the most subsumed frame because of ease and because like sheep, everyone listened to content creators talk about how good it is to have a damage buff ability on frames that don't have them.

Next is Valkyr's Warcry and not Oberon's Smite, despite subsume usage (because that doesn't mean anything). Warcry, like Roar, is damage to melee and armor for extra tank stats, it is a solid ability that a lot of frames would like. 

Larva is 3rd and Nidus was 13th most subsumed. This ability = damage because splash exists, if DE didn't push mass AoE weapons like the Kuva Bramma, Tombfinger primary, Mausolon, etc... this ability wouldn't be as good as it is. It is a nice ability to apply damage to a large amount of enemies, but most importantly, it creates synergy combos with other warframes that wouldn't have the chance (Rhino's ironclad charge augment for instance). 

The 4th I would assume is Eclipse considering it is named "light" and that is another damage/tank ability that many frames would like, no surprise there. 

I believe nerfing the "popular/common choice" abilities by treating them the same as rivens is a great way to make people angry, annoyed, disappointed, and discouraged. 

I myself love rivens and they are the only reason I still play, being mr 29 and all, but nobody wants the negatives of rivens in warframe powers unless they also gain the positives.

Are we going to next increase abilities to stronger than their base frames because they suck so much? Or... are we going to rework abilities to be improved that are in need of work.

This topic ties into the bottom chart with the most replaced abilities.

Why do people replace mesa's 1 the most? Oh I know, it had a damage buffer to take out any use it could ever have (killing tough enemies). Even if it didn't have a buffer, I might instead replace her 2 because it has the same scaling as chroma for less than 1/14th the power.

Nekros' 1 should straight up be an aoe to CC enemies for like a minute out of their souls instead of damage and draw their lifeless bodies into a tight mass to death's grip like the theme would suggest.

Inaros' 3 has a 75 energy cost and then a drain making it not worth without that initial cost being 0 for starters, but the damage and cc is also so bad that it's still not worth it. Inaros would need to instead of picking enemies up, drown them in sand on the ground, ready to devour or initiate finishers on, then it would fit the theme. (ps inaros and mesa are my least played frames fyi)

Chroma's 1 might as well not exist unless it is given the khora treatment and given damage based on a weapon (and every other ability in the entire dang game that does damage, and it doesn't have to just be melee based).

2020.09.18-14.47.png

Here's the Chart again.

Rhino's 1 is replaced commonly instead of the 4 since they don't use iron clad charge for iron skin (probably low mr players around 10-20 that aren't veterans) so that is understandable when giving a system like this to the inexperienced to create incorrect data.

Excal's 3 sucks because it isn't scaled like khora's 1... just like Chroma's 1 isn't scaled by say primary weapons.

Ivara's 2 isn't a bad idea, but the lack of control and use scenarios makes it easy to give away unless projectiles moved at an overriding set speed that is fine to control.

Wukong's 4 is another example of the inexperienced instead of replacing defy (because in order to build defy correctly, you have to give up mods that conflict with the 2 and 4). This inexperience also points DE in a possible opinion that Wukong's 4 isn't strong enough and is bad, but this is not the case, but instead, a (you let low mr players screw up the data instance).

Ash's 1, even after the bug fix on damage, still does not scale with secondary weapons outside of arcane arachne and is therefore: the worst ability ash has.

Wisp's 2 is because people are yet again inexperienced in realizing that her 2 is legitimately permanent invisibility aka immortality, and did not replace her 4 (lack of scaling with mods again. Look DE, this game is all about the mods, anything that does damage needs to have mods attached to it, nerf the damage, sure, but we need those mods).

Protea's 4 is trash because it isn't always recording time and the 4 pressing doesn't just put you in a rewind where you can hop out whenever you like, up to the max duration, instead... it is this horrible initiate rewind with purpose and know full well you are going to go back to the place you just came from. The mentality of people not preferring the past over the present means they don't want to go where they were before or they wouldn't move at all. BUT if a player choose to go back in a "I'm gonna die, or I need energy" moment (which the latter is laughably uncommon with dispensary, the player doesn't like the ability then. It makes sense they would replace it in its current state (ha, I'm funny...)

Excalibur's 1 is once again from inexperience in players not thinking of it as a movement tool as being better than a useless 3 that doesn't do any damage outside of low levels.

Wisp's 4, wow shocker, some smarter wisp players out there. (Not as many, but experience is usually a minority when a system is made 10 MR lower than it should be and expect accurate results, though in this case it's closer than what is common, so I congratulate you wisp players that replaced the 4 over the 2.) Wisp's 4 needs mod scaling of some form as is the common trend. (mods don't just give damage, they give quality and customization)

Inaros is the only frame on this list with 3 abilities commonly replaced (inaros rework didn't come with inaros prime and I'm not surprised since reworks aren't common)

Instead of saying Hydroid's 1 needs mod scaling, ima skip to Xaku and talk about how his 1 is considered a damage buffing ability and yet reminds me of mesa's 2 for how deep in the trash-can it is for DE to think that it's actually a remotely competitive damage buffing ability.

Why is Valkyr's 1 so low on this list? Well valkyr is old and needs a rework, and also gave away the only ability people cared about since oddly enough, running around in her 4 forever without the ability to die, but having to use those talons, is incredibly boring and it doesn't matter how op that sounds, it's not fun.

To be honest, I would prefer if DE just did reworks to half the frames, spiced them up, and fixed all the lingering issues and listened to community constructive feedback to reworks of frames. They don't seem to look at any of the rework ideas, despite the fact that a lot of rework isn't out of the frame needing reworks, but because the frames were never given decent qualities in the first place (some frames scale with weapons, some don't, some frames scale with an exalted slot) it all doesn't make sense and isn't balanced to make players enjoy the frames they like, and only the ones that are the most quality. Hildryn is my favorite frame, yet I play saryn way more than any other because I like saryn's style of play and that she's very well rounded. I never use saryn's spores or miasma, I use her buffing potential to make my weapons different, I have fun with the possibilities, she is the status frame that was given AoE  to appease the players. Hildryn is my favorite because I like the concept and theme, but it was executed poorly and doesn't feel like it holds up to uniqueness. Hildryn may be one of the most unique frames, but I can't get over the fact that her 4 doesn't just give free flight like titania and the ability to use her 2 while flying to sustain it. I couldn't care less about her capability to lift enemies and stun them + energy orbs. Her 1 being the only option while flying feels too restrictive as well and doesn't promote "fun" with her, not because the Balefire is bad, but because it isn't my style of weapon and I like the possibilities of my arsenal.

Anyways, I've said enough probably and this should be helpful from a (I've finished the entire game) perspective because I really do understand these things.

Look, I get it, you rework frames, it feels like most everyone gets mad, that's part of being the devs, but what I'm trying to say with this all is that regardless of the loud children, it is helpful and beneficial to the game to improve things out of balance. Player like the balance, but hate it temporarily when they are negatively affected. I feel that reworking frames has always been a touchy subject for DE and I want you all to know that it is better than letting negativity of all the problems create more of a problem than had you fixed the issues. This goes for all content, and that regardless of how people respond, many things are necessary... (Like fixing marked for death, I 100% approve). Recoil fixing however like with the xoris just means the decision is from a position of weakness.

I hope all the helps DE, keep up the good work.

For the most part, no surprises about the statistics, at all. Frames easy to obtain are the one subsumed the most. Skills with damage modifiers or survivability, were the ones to be used the most. 

The issue is in the last statistic plus the individual frame statistics. Is it any surprise that much of the skills are terrible? Rivens operate differently. By design, some weapons are stronger than other. For the strongest weapons (well... not really, more like most used) the riven dispo goes down. The idea is to level the playing field somewhat between weapons. However, skill are supposed to be always good, at least on their native frame. Of course.... many of them are not. There is no playing field here. Frames are supposed to be on equal strength across the board, in their respective roles. Theoretically at least. The issue is not a helminth issue, it is a frame balance issue.

I have to give Rebecca credit. Twice in the dev stream she brought this up. In both times, Steve and Scott either answered with a vague answer (wild west? Remove Mesa?) or pivoted to something else. I understand, Steve and Scott may not have an answer right away so I do not blame them for dodging the question, in the stream. However, the issue still exist, and the issue still needs to be resolved. There are tons of obsolete abilities in the game. We, players and DE, already know this. The Helimnth puts the issue under the spot light. DE constantly improves graphics, sound, UI and many other game features. Why should not frames (especially older ones) get at least a balance update once a year. Are not frames the core of warframe?

Well said mate. 

Sidenote, I must be the only mad lad that replaced Wisp's 1, on the grounds that i dont like it, at all xD

Also dont i dont use neither Roar, nor Warcry. You just press it, get buff, timer runs out, press it again, over and over again. Such game design, much tension, so hard choices... 

But hey, that's just me! 

Archived