Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconsequential game design

JayBlagski

First, a fact about me: i play solo because in my experience i find randoms more of a burden than help + i don't feel fulfilled by someone else completing objective while i'm enjoying the map.
To be clear yes, i'm introverted and no, i don't have a problem with you being carried by discoballs.

Now compare this two facts:
1 A new player struggling for warframe and weapon slots tries to haggle mods for paltinum but gets halted by daily limit- i'm upset about that, but i accept explanation that is to prevent veterans from boosting newbies
2 Solo player on 7 mr with leveling kraken can't for nothing do Neptune Index by himself, yet when i joined on public- three pink discoballs one shotted everythng turning into green discoballs.
So i afk'ed for two minutes, only to accept another wave, browsing fb/yt/wframe wiki on second monitor and got 500k credits for stupid face.
It is very underwhelming when i struggled and earned my endo/credits with sweat and blood, which i'm proud of, just to discover unlimited afk credit farm.
You can say now- "just don't play index", but problem is:

-it is unfair for solo players- because they can't do this till endgame

-it is unfair for pack animal players (sorry i like to trigger extroverts)- because they don't earn their money

So here i propose a few solutions (i'm not a game dev so my opinion isn't as valuable):

-move index to sedna or any other hidden last planet

-nerf difficulty and/or credit gain

-introduce system, that would prevent players with large mr difference to be queued together in PUBLIC play- i would love it to every node, but i'm quite sure that won't happen.

I'm aware that i will need few millions more credits in my playthrough and these changes won't help me, but still i think they're just.
Feel free to change my mind. give feedback and stuff, i wouldn't post it if i didn't feel that's important.

I apologize for possible spelling errors- english isn't my first language.

Have a great hunt fellow tenno!

Is low risk index too hard for you aswell? Index is not a spot for leveling weapons, you are supposed to bring your strong weapons there. You can also always just do the neptune disruption instead for credits, slower than index but less depending on getting a team for it.

@JayBlagski - Fellow solo player here. As above you need your stronger weapons for the Index and especially for solo. If credits are your goal then dark sectors are worth a look and your first mission of the day should be your best payout mission as your first mission gives you double credits. If you can stomach a few public runs on someone's Railjack that pays very well and gives good affinity for levelling gear passively too just by sitting on the guns.

No. you dont get to punish people in the end game just because you havent reached it yet. Calling for nerfs or changes to an end game area because you dont have the power level to handle it yet is unfair to everyone who earned the power to handle it.

Now if you are looking for advice on how to solo it, id be more than happy to share the builds I use to solo in index so you can work towards them or similar. Otherwise, leave the index alone and go about continuing to gain power till you can handle the area

Lemme quickly Summarize your Complaint / Idea

"I just recently joined and cant do all the good stuff like those that played for years already so please nerf them and buff me"

Does that sound ridicolous to you? Couse thats what i read your post as

That is on par with a friend of mine who declares every MMO where they cant run all content solo with garbage gear and on the current required minimum level a bad MMO.

Thats a completly nuts way to view mmos. And your view is on par with that. You want the good stuff > Work towards it like everyone of us did for so long. The game is already immensly easier to get into from back then

I play mostly solo, cuz I do not enjoy lag, and the frame rate gets really terrible on PS4 with so many players and mobs. Outside of PC, there is not many squads running the same mission. Segregation of ques is not going to work. For a solo player, I will give you a general guide of what to run solo and what in a group.

For leveling, you are better off with a group. There are 2 main ways to level with a group, defense missions (typically Huston on Sedna) and Sanctuary Onslaught (SO). Do not expect to go there and do any damage, unless you are playing a well geared AoE nuke frame. It is actually disadvantageous that you kill stuff if you are leveling. You want others to do most of the damage. And in SO, the more damage, the more affinity for everyone. If you are going into these spots, expect that. I would recommend against soloing SO. You surely can on defense though.

Fissures is another thing to run in a group. You never want to run this solo, unless you are running an endless mission, with no relics. Otherwise, always run in a group. At the end of the missing, you can pick the relic reward that dropped to any member of the squad. You can get a significant amount of prime parts. Fissures are not a spot for farming affinity. When I am in a fissure I try to finish in the shortest amount of time possible. I am usually running at 200+ speed and 1 shooting everything in my path. I will not wait for anyone, except if they need help collecting fissures. It is highly advantageous for everyone that it ends as fast as possible.

Bounties, I will leave this to you. I ran only a dozen of bounties in a group. They are easier, but I prefer to run them solo.

All other missions it is helpful to run them in a group, but it does not matter. I will never run a survival mission in a group. 

Index, I almost always run it solo, but have not ran it in like 6-8 months now. It is faster as a team, but you will be side lined for the most part. 

Lastly, Warframe is a game that you go from dealing 15 hits to dealing 6 digit hits. Multiple frames can drop tens thousands of damage in a room clearing everything in sight. You have to accept you will rarely go to a mission with 3 people and get to shoot stuff. The more geared the players, it will be mostly melee or AoE nuking by skills or weapons. I know people do not want to believe it, but Warframe is not a shooter looter. It is an MMO light ARPG. If that is not what you are into, well... then it is not going to work for you.

I never said to "buff" me, read my post again. As a new player i can't trade as much- to avoid boosting, but i can do afk index- which is boosting.
Also i never said "change this this is bad, wrong, offensive etc", i just pointed some possible solutions, if you have better idea then feel free to share.(for example don't change it is an idea)
About punishing endgame players- would moving this nod to sedna without any changes would nerf you? really?

As in topic my problem is with being inconsequential, so removing trading limit would solve the problem as well. (again with being inconsequential)

Anyway thanks to some of you for making things a bit more clear.

If I recall correctly, Index is on Neptune for a reason. It being lore.

Index is a great example of older players carrying newer players, yes. However, this is a system targeted at multiplayer experience, which is what this product (the game) is marketed towards. This is the same as with Eidolon hunting. You need a team of players in order to kill the thing. You can do it alone (albeit much later down the road), but it is easier and effective with a team of players (especially the ones who know what they are doing).

If I were developing this game, I would look to other things that need fixing, instead of focusing on the Index. My suggestion is to make resources gathered in open-world areas tradeable. The issue a lot of people have had with Heart of Deimos so far are insane requirements in terms of those resources, that are needed to progress the syndicate or build stuff. A lot of people don't like gathering those resources (because they are tied to something I would closely tie to life-skills), instead preferring combat and looting. I think making those resources tradeable (preferably for Platinum), would make a great source of income for newer players (who can jump into this from the get-go), as well as players like me, who sometimes just want to relax in-game. New players can earn Platinum for the most important stuff faster and the rest of players can dump some of their Platinum into this, if they don't want to perform these activities.

Well... it is tied to the Glast Gambit quest... Afterwards, it just sits there without too much of a fuss. You could wall it behind the quest, though. Like, you are unable to do Index until you complete the Glast Gambit, which in turn is (I think) locked behind MR.

Cannot help you with closing the topic, though :)

Archived