The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Nikanas // Nikanas Dobles

LyonVII

Hello there. 

I am big fan of the Nikanas, but also love dual wielding, and i was wondering if there is any chance of getting "Dual Nikanas" in the game as a future mele weapon. 
  I think that there are thousands of players that would love to fight with two Tenno katanas, like an awesome space samurai.

Respectfuly LyonVII

Hola a todos.

Soy un gran fanático de las Nikanas, pero también me encantan las de doble empuñadura, y me preguntaba si hay alguna posibilidad de obtener "Nikanas Dobles" en el juego como una futura arma mele.
  Creo que hay miles de jugadores a los que les encantaría luchar con dos katanas Tenno, como un verdadero samurái espacial.

Respetuosamente LyonVII

Question would be how would they reasonably differ from Dual Blades. Katana specific techniques don't really apply anymore when dual wielding,

Getting Dual Blades which are Katanas would surely be neat but I don't see the merit of being its own weapon class.

En 22/9/2020 a las 17:34, Raikh dijo:

Question would be how would they reasonably differ from Dual Blades. Katana specific techniques don't really apply anymore when dual wielding,

Getting Dual Blades which are Katanas would surely be neat but I don't see the merit of being its own weapon class.

There are only two "Two-Handed Nikanas" ingame, (Pennant & Tatsu) one of them was recently released and this weapon type has its own Guard Mod and it's a Weapon Class totally diferent from the other Nikanas. 

Also, Dual Wielding Katanas have a different specific techniques than Single Wielding, just as Two-Handed and One-Handed. They are all different weapons, with diferent ways to be used.

On 2020-09-21 at 8:18 PM, LyonVII said:

Tenno katanas, like an awesome space samurai.

Samurais used long & short swords (Daishou). In my opinion (I'm not an expert) you wouldn't use two very long swords.
The Nikanas seems to be longer than the Skana so I think a Dual Nikans should have "smaller version".

.... but, hey, it's video game. I won't stop you.

Archived