Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improve Eidolon Shrine interaction

v1ld_wf

With the current NW Hydro task there are a number of new players confused by the shrine so please consider:

- Have the shrine prompt appear much higher than it does, which is about ankle height right now

- Have the shrine prompt appear from further away than now when you have to be standing almost on top of it - and most people do just that

- Have different sounds for shard inserted and removed, provide better feedback and prevent people that get frustrated and mash from removing the shard they just finally succeeded in inserting after many tries.

Also please consider requiring just Teralyst for the same 7K bounty as the current requirement is going to drive away more new players from ever doing it again than convince them this can be fun once you put in 40 hours - 20 on YouTube - to learn it.  I like Eidos and think that putting anyone through a Hydro carry is just going to make them continually die helplessly and make them unlikely to come back.  Tri groups are full of Inaros and Wukong this week because folks don't know how to use operator to survive and I don't blame them.  Doubt many of those folks will return.

On 2020-09-22 at 3:36 PM, DrivaMain said:

Simplest change are

1. A waypoint marker for the shrine.
2. A counter on how many shards inserted.

Even more simple: remove the shrine. 

In all seriousness though, Ive stopped doing eidolon hunts, theres just too many things that can go wrong without a clan or irl friends to play with. Even with groups formed through recruitment chat Ive gotten people who never placed the shard in the shrine... 

So yeah I don't like gamemodes where other people can stop your progress like that. At least on - lets say regular survival mission - you can still win if someone doesnt activate life support or is afk. 

I wonder whats the reason behind these design decisions about removing objective markers? Like in addition to this, why Exploiter Orb mission doesnt have marker?

11 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

Even more simple: remove the shrine. 

In all seriousness though, Ive stopped doing eidolon hunts, theres just too many things that can go wrong without a clan or irl friends to play with. Even with groups formed through recruitment chat Ive gotten people who never placed the shard in the shrine... 

So yeah I don't like gamemodes where other people can stop your progress like that. At least on - lets say regular survival mission - you can still win if someone doesnt activate life support or is afk. 

I wonder whats the reason behind these design decisions about removing objective markers? Like in addition to this, why Exploiter Orb mission doesnt have marker?

I think it's because they want people to figure things out and look at what's in front of them rather than just reading what to do or follow the marker. It's one of the reasons I actually love warframe.

And in regards to removing the shrine I think this is a bad idea. The shrine activates the next tier of eidolon. And it acts as a way to sacrifice one for your rewards to progress to the next tier. Without it you would simply be able to go to the next eidolon which removes some of the charm behind hunting eidolons imo. You don't have to do the bounty to initiate tridolons. And you have an active choice for each tier when to drop out and keep your rewards.  Perhaps the quills can voice a message to people who haven't put their shard in the shrine telling them about it as soon as the first person places theirs. Something along the lines of "Your fellow tenno are hunting something spectacular you may want to follow them and investigate" or "What an intriguing shrine. I wonder what will happen if you investigate" Something like this to me at least seems more the warframe way to go about this.

I do sympathize with you though and feel something should be done because yes it is annoying waiting for someone to do the thing.

A less immersive and engaging option would be a screen similar to relics where you have a yes/no for adding your shard but I'd probably still prefer this be initiated from the shrine. 

16 hours ago, NecroPed said:

I think it's because they want people to figure things out and look at what's in front of them rather than just reading what to do or follow the marker. It's one of the reasons I actually love warframe.

But this is not a "warframe way" like you suggested. Most things in warframe are tied to speed, heck even the eidolon hunts are timed to nights only, so there really isnt time for detective work. 

Not to mention the plains is a huge place, you would never know what to do without looking at a guide first even if you tried to go clue hunting. Same thing for the orb fight, how would you ever know where to go without google unless you actually spent days scanning the map inch by inch. Sure you can follow teammates but thats not an option if they are all new and it also defeats the point. 

By the time you get into 5x3 hunts everybody certainly knows where the shrine is and how to put shards in, even in recruit chat squads.  I do wish though that anybody could just put their shard in at literally any time after the shrine becomes available for sharding, rather than only within a second or so of the previous person that sharded.  Just designate one specific shrine slot for each player (they're already numbered in the order in which they loaded into the plains).  Would make it totally obvious which player hasn't sharded yet too.

But unfortunately DE doesn't care about eidolons at all, as demonstrated by vom AI not being functional ever since scarlet spear, so... yeah...  Thanks DE!

Archived