Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instrumental Buffs

Lesharin

Before I begin I don't know if this would be practical or not, and I know it's very gimmicky. The idea is that you could use the shawzin to play short specific songs that when played bestow a buff to your team. Inspiration for this was the hunting horns in Monster Hunter, I think it could be a fun way to buff or heal your team depending on which song you choose to play. This is about all I have for this idea, but I don't feel it needs much more explanation.

As a side note I would also like to get Taiko drums as an alternative to the shawzin with the same abilities. 

As long as the buffs are not too strong, to the point that they becomes more than a gimmick, this could be a welcome addition. Different types of Shawzins could have different minor buffs per note hit that would scale inversely off of the song's notes per second rating (so fast songs wouldn't inherently get more buffs).

nps = notes per second           buff range = affinity radius           the below buffs are applied per successful notes hit in a song

> Corbu (electric guitar) - 2 energy / nps

> Dawn/Dax/Mimica/Dotd/ (original shawzin) - 5 health / nps

> Nelumbo (acoustic guitar) - <insert buff> / nps

> Tiamat (bass guitar) - <insert buff> / nps

It's a fine, but minor, way of letting Shawzin users contribute to the team. Not sure if this is what you envisioned but it probably won't be a priority any time soon anyways.

5 hours ago, Gashabae said:

As long as the buffs are not too strong, to the point that they becomes more than a gimmick, this could be a welcome addition. Different types of Shawzins could have different minor buffs per note hit that would scale inversely off of the song's notes per second rating (so fast songs wouldn't inherently get more buffs).

nps = notes per second           buff range = affinity radius           the below buffs are applied per successful notes hit in a song

> Corbu (electric guitar) - 2 energy / nps

> Dawn/Dax/Mimica/Dotd/ (original shawzin) - 5 health / nps

> Nelumbo (acoustic guitar) - <insert buff> / nps

> Tiamat (bass guitar) - <insert buff> / nps

It's a fine, but minor, way of letting Shawzin users contribute to the team. Not sure if this is what you envisioned but it probably won't be a priority any time soon anyways.

cannot be tied to shazin othewise the game is techinicaly pay to win since a gameplay aspect is locked behind a plat wall. Probaly would be better as a warframe mechanic , probably what octavia should have been

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

cannot be tied to shazin othewise the game is techinicaly pay to win since a gameplay aspect is locked behind a plat wall. Probaly would be better as a warframe mechanic , probably what octavia should have been

Damn, hadn't thought of that so I guess you're right. 

As others have said, not likely to happen for just any Shawzin given DE doesn't lock mechanical buffs behind paywalls anymore, but I could totally see a Shawzin musician Frame (male counterpart to Octavia, perhaps?) who has either an exalted Shawzin or just an ability/passive that lets you play one of a number of short riffs on their personal Shawzin to trigger certain buffs/effects, or perhaps a "mode change" of sorts.

Archived