The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If the necramechs are on their kill precept, where did the friendly one came from?

Just realized about the friendly necramech during Vome and necramech reverting to their autonomous kill precept that doesn't differentiate infested and Tenno so where do the friendly necramechs come from? Shouldn't they become the "night" threat of Deimos, a walking terminator during Vome instead?

I guess it’s only necromechs in vaults are on “old” killing precepts. On the surface they probably have updated precepts, or maybe those... Are not precepts at all? Maybe that’s some spirits of the Void assisting us when Vome is watching? Or maybe even Vome herself control them somehow? After all. Necromechs are turned off during Fass...  That would be a nice twist lol. I guess I need to stop thinking of it.

4 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

I guess it’s only necromechs in vaults are on “old” killing precepts. 

Correct. The Necramechs underground are no longer controlled by Father. Though it does bring up some questions about 

Spoiler

How was Grandmother able to control one down in the Heart during the quest?

4 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

Maybe that’s some spirits of the Void assisting us when Vome is watching? Or maybe even Vome herself control them somehow? After all. Necromechs are turned off during Fass...  That would be a nice twist lol. I guess I need to stop thinking of it.

When you step over the Fass Residue field, it slows you down and disrupts your HUD. That likely means Fass's energy is interfering with Father's control and guidance signals needed to clearly control the surface Necramechs from aiding us. We can perform Transference on the Fallen Necramech just fine, as Transference is an independent control source directly tied to our Operators.

Vome, in turn, does not disrupt any of Father's signals. This allows him to control the surface Necramechs to help us. The only odd continuity is any Fallen Necramechs during Fass oddly collapsing when Vome kills Fass.

Archived