Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

if the infested are killed too far from the vessel this will not work

Braneman

This mission in Heart of Deimos is a MESS. You'd think it would be perfect because the infested are normally mostly melee and they'll all run into the objective and then you fight a boss but this mission was clearly not designed with heart of Deimos in mind.

1. The ring you need to kill infested inside of is just shy of the distance before infested will stop and start doing spitting attacks at the objective, so the traditionally melee infested will just hang around outside the circle, oftentimes with exacting precision like they were designed that way. This is infuriating and only causes more spam from Loid.

2. Jugulus are a HUGE problem for this mission because they are ranged infested that will never, ever move, but they still count towards Loid telling you that you have to kill enemies inside the ring. On top of that they are really REALLY common for this mission often they spawn more often than normal infested and since they'll never show up inside the circle anyways you have to just kill them outside of the circle and let Loid spam you with the same message again and again and again. Seriously these guys can spawn in hordes while your waiting for chargers and carnis to trickle in.

3. The normal infested spawn rate for this feels very low, so you're just sitting around killing Jugulus again and again.

4. There is no cooldown for Loid message spam, if he has finished talking he can start talking again.

Mag's Pull ability can pull non-Jugulus Infested into the circle, and her Magnetize can be used (if you're stubborn enough) to pull even Juguli in. Vauban can probably pull enemies in with his Vortex as well, though I haven't tried it myself.

Otherwise, yeah, this bounty stage is super annoying for the exact reasons you have provided.

10 hours ago, freeformline said:

Mag's Pull ability can pull non-Jugulus Infested into the circle, and her Magnetize can be used (if you're stubborn enough) to pull even Juguli in. Vauban can probably pull enemies in with his Vortex as well, though I haven't tried it myself.

Otherwise, yeah, this bounty stage is super annoying for the exact reasons you have provided.

Vortex doesn't have enough range to do that. I use a 235% range build and vortex has a 23.5 m range. The killzone has something like a 30-35 m radius. Tether coil does reach outside that (47 m radius), but a lot of enemies simply aren't pulled by it.

Yep its pretty annoying mission atm, I think the devs assumed the infested would swarm inside the circle and actually try to destroy the vessel but like you said most of the hang back JUST outside the ring firing ranged attacks. The ones that arent ranged units tend to move really slowly like ancients with their slowmo walk like they are on a mens fashion ad.

What makes it even worse, sometimes theres a nova slowing them or a nuke frame destroying everything in 5 mile radius before they reach the area. Or simply a player who doesnt understand the objective dispite Loid spamming his lines. 

So indeed right now only good options are mag, vauban or infusing pull on another frame which I actually did JUST for this mission lol. Nidus larva might work too but havent tested, and banshee/zephyr push abilities. Some of these might kill the targets before they reach the ring on lower levels though? 

They should change the way the enemies behave in this mission or increase the ring radiud but if they increase it one might argue it might as well be removed. 

Ps. This would be alright gamemode on its own even with all the push/pull but as part of a bounty it can sometimes really slow things down. 

Kind of forces you to prioritize gathering abilities, and they work fine, you just can't plop one down in the center and expect it to reach half way across the Drift. Set them just inside the ring to pull groups outside the ring at several points. 

It's annoying, especially when your criticized for handling immobile threats outside the ring, but the addition of broad ability based utility objectives are nice. 

Archived