Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Mission Aborted" instead of "Mission Failed" when...y'know, ABORTING a mission.

Carnaxus

Especially for the Mastery Rank tests.  I got stuck in the MR18 test due to a bug (it failed to detect the last enemy dying) and had to abort; I then couldn't attempt the test again for a day (as if I'd failed) even though I didn't actually fail.  I'm sick and tired of seeing it tell me I failed when I didn't.  I didn't fail to complete the objective, I quit the mission manually, either due to a bug or because I brought the wrong loadout or my teammate got randomly booted from squad or...There are dozens of reasons for aborting a mission and none of them equate to failing a mission.  Sure, in real life, aborting a mission means you can't complete your objective, but this is a game.  We get infinite retries.

Please?  It's almost like the game's calling us losers just because we canceled the mission!

I don't care if the game tells me I failed, aborted, bungled, or buggered the mission inside out and six ways to Sunday.  It would be nice though if when I hit the abort button it didn't lock me into the loading and mission results screens for what feels like 15 seconds.  

Assuming it's not an inherent engine limitation, I don't like the pause but can kinda see some justification for it after a successful mission or a group failure.  It's just annoying after a solo killswitch though.

Archived