Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OP Kavat 2.0? Nope.

AreeSoothsayer

Yea, I took a Sly Vulpa since the two skills it had affected me and not itself. Tricked it out with all 5 damage mods. 150%+ crit chance. I tried both Swipe and Sharpend Claws. *headshakes* The kitty simply ... well not quite useless. Butchers could get cut down but anything with armor just took at least 5-7 hits to go down at level 110. The Kavat's constantly running around, jumping off walls, ect, would give anything with shields time for those shields to regenerate.

As much as I wanted to get a real "wildcat" of a Kavat to shred the enemies. The mobility AI triggered too often and damage was too low for them to be truely effective combatants on the Steel Path.

Level 50? They'll shred em.

See, the thing is, the Sly Vulpaphyla's abilities are complete trash on account of the limitations on their effects. Further, as effects go they're not particularly useful to anyone.

The Panzer Vulpaphyla, on the other hand, is fantastic (as long as you're not Saryn as its spores compete with yours). You can set it up to easily keep you topped off on health via the interaction between its spores and Hunter Recovery, and it'll spread Viral procs everywhere letting you eschew that damage time in favor of situationally more valuable elements.

And, uh, IDK what you're doing wrong, but mine with no forma into it doesn't keel over on the Steel Path at all when paired with my Atlas P.

I think that these news pets represent DE having two solid ideas for companion kits and then filling out the others with some other experiments. I had hoped that these new pets would represent more than mastery fodder, but I really can't find a way to justify the anemic performance of most of them. 

6 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

See, the thing is, the Sly Vulpaphyla's abilities are complete trash on account of the limitations on their effects. Further, as effects go they're not particularly useful to anyone.

The Panzer Vulpaphyla, on the other hand, is fantastic (as long as you're not Saryn as its spores compete with yours). You can set it up to easily keep you topped off on health via the interaction between its spores and Hunter Recovery, and it'll spread Viral procs everywhere letting you eschew that damage time in favor of situationally more valuable elements.

And, uh, IDK what you're doing wrong, but mine with no forma into it doesn't keel over on the Steel Path at all when paired with my Atlas P.

I chose Sly Vulpa to Remove the 2 skills it is set with. Here.

l2tVcV1.jpg

Tried with swipe as well, it didn't turn out so good for anything but the butchers.

Archived