Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack and Affinity

xombob89

I already made a bug report, but rarely anyone will comment there so will make another one here to get some comments/recommendations.

So basically, twice now I lost all affinity from the mission on Gian Point when I aborted, first time AFTER viewing the mission success screen and waiting for the affinity screen to "end" before leaving. The second time I went to the next mission with the squad and left at the beginning of it after the mission had started.

So when exactly are you supposed to leave so you dont lose everything if neither of these methods work properly? Why isnt there any other method of leaving the mission, or is there and Im just unaware?

27 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

So basically, twice now I lost all affinity from the mission on Gian Point when I aborted, first time AFTER viewing the mission success screen and waiting for the affinity screen to "end" before leaving. The second time I went to the next mission with the squad and left at the beginning of it after the mission had started.

So when exactly are you supposed to leave so you dont lose everything if neither of these methods work properly? Why isnt there any other method of leaving the mission, or is there and Im just unaware?

You aborted?

That's not how you're supposed to leave. Its like the open worlds. You need to trigger a extraction event (In fortuna, it would be a player going into the elevator. In cetus, it would be going through the big orokin door to cetus.).

In Railjack missions, an extraction event is triggered by entering the NAV console AFTER the mission success screen has passed, and then select your dojo to return to dojo. Then, press ESC and leave dojo. You will meet with another mission success screen too, which can tell you your intrinsic gain.

Any player outside the Railjack when you press return to dojo will get a warning message saying "RAILJACK IS DEPARTING, RETURN TO RAILJACK". This is basically the "Waiting to extract X/4 players" message.

Bear in mind that the Railjack NAV console is inaccessible during the mission, and can only be accessed after the mission.

Hope it helps.

As the person above said, to extract properly you need to interact with the nav console in the railjack and select the dojo, or a new mission, after your current mission has cleared. I'm not sure at this point if this is a thing only the host can do or not but I know there was a big push for that at some point. To be fair tho. Railjack extraction has always been a massive pain in the ass and I think needs to be redone entirely.

18 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

You aborted?

This is what multiple sources have said you should do to leave railjack missions, for example in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1151626-how-do-i-extract-from-a-railjack-mission/ 

and in multiple reddit posts as well they claim its safe to abort after the mission has succeeded and you have moved to the next mission. I was never able to interract with the navigation console as client when I tried (even after mission end) so aborting was the only option I could see, which obviously seemed extremely weird but seeing how whole railjack is unfinished and rushed I didnt think it was that unusual. Do you usually host the mission yourself?

I started asking the host to go to dry dock when Im done but they dont always want to do that or they wanna do "one more" if I dont have time.

25 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

This is what multiple sources have said you should do to leave railjack missions, for example in this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1151626-how-do-i-extract-from-a-railjack-mission/ 

That thread may be outdated. Railjack went through 2 revisions from January to May this year.

26 minutes ago, xombob89 said:

I was never able to interract with the navigation console as client when I tried (even after mission end) so aborting was the only option I could see, which obviously seemed extremely weird but seeing how whole railjack is unfinished and rushed I didnt think it was that unusual. Do you usually host the mission yourself?

Odd. There has been excessive complains of clients being able to access the railjack NAV console and starting missions when the host didn't want to, that players actually wanted what you are having as a feature. I didn't think DE changed it anytime soon though.

Normally I play solo, because playing with randos who aren't willing to cooperate is a bad experience. I only play Coop with friends or clan mantes. Usually (but not always) I am hosting.

If you trust your piloting skills, why not do solo missions yourself, just to see if you can leave a mission after completing it from using the NAV?

2 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

Odd. There has been excessive complains of clients being able to access the railjack NAV console and starting missions when the host didn't want to, that players actually wanted what you are having as a feature. I didn't think DE changed it anytime soon though.

Nothing's changed, clients can still hijack the ship and fly it somewhere else. What the OP had was yet another case of Railjack being broken as #*!%.

Incidentally, the former is also a problem. If someone wants to leave and the others want to continue, they have no choice but to abort. There's no "safe" exit for a partial squad.

Archived