Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I extract from a railjack mission?

DigiTm

Question

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Jormungandalf:

For those that couldn't find the drydock button on the navigation screen (like me): You gotta press Esc, in the railjack navigation to see the drydock.

Can't host because of bad upload speed, how do i exit missions???
Always stuck in an endless loop of new missions until i give up and abort...

Am 13.12.2019 um 14:52 schrieb Ajuwen:

You can not extract if you are not host... I am stuck in space and I dont want to abort the mission and loose the rewards.

This!

It's a bit buggy, first mission I did today I went to navigation and it didn't zoom out sufficiently to show the dry dock, so had no other choice to abort mission eventhough we were successful. Then I joined my clan mate in a squad, but when I boarded, I was in my own ship instead of his, and had to exit and board again to board his ship. And lastly, I joined my clan mate on a mission and when we were back in dock, the ship didn't want to let me out (couldn't press X to exit), had to leave dojo, which didn't put me back in the orbiter, but at the dojo spawn. So yeah, lots of things that still need some ironing for sure 😄

On 2019-12-13 at 5:41 AM, ShopCat said:

and how do you extract if you are not the host, and don't have a dry-dock? 

On 2019-12-13 at 5:52 AM, Ajuwen said:

You can not extract if you are not host... I am stuck in space and I dont want to abort the mission and loose the rewards.

You ask the host if he wants to return to HIS dry dock. Once he clicks on his dry dock, the whole squad will go to his dojo. At that point it is safe to leave the squad and return to orbiter

vor 13 Minuten schrieb TARINunit9:

You ask the host if he wants to return to HIS dry dock. Once he clicks on his dry dock, the whole squad will go to his dojo. At that point it is safe to leave the squad and return to orbiter

So...
If you join a mission where someone else is hosting, you are not the crew but a slave hostage until the host decides to return to the dry dock???
Talk about how lich trading was slavery 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Spawnbold said:

So...
If you join a mission where someone else is hosting, you are not the crew but a slave hostage until the host decides to return to the dry dock???
Talk about how lich trading was slavery 🤣🤣🤣

yep, you also have no say in what missions get played unlike on the star-chart.  

at least you get the rewards if a mission change happens (e.g. if host decides to do another mission) so once you go into hyperdrive you can just leave.

It's totally weird that there's no easy way to get out. Also weird that you don't see what mission the host selects.

This works, however: after the mission success screen comes up, you can do "abort mission". It then looks like you failed, but you keep everything, including resources and intrinsic points.

Other option is to wait until host gets back to dry dock, then select 'leave dojo'. You can ask the host to return.

Edited by Aazhyd
  • Like 4

As a crew member on a random ship you´re basically completely clueless and have nothing to say.

I wonder why we cannot even see

- the name of the ship we´re on

- the mission we play

- the starchart sector we´re in (except looking out the windows) or where we´re going

- the armament or equipment of said ship. As a gunner, I have no clue what weapons I am using. I need to shoot them to find out. Imagine this in reality.... why is there no hud information, sth like "MkII XYZ Avionic lvl 3" etc

If the captain randomly decides to jump back to the dojo before refining the resources, the whole squad loses their loot. Sure, you can refine yourself, if you´re lucky enough for the forge being on cooldown. And if you´re fast. See how usually 3 people RUSH to the forge once the mission is complete? It happened to me several times that the host simply jumped back before anyone could refine.

EVEN WORSE is if the host decides to just quit, Alt-F4s out or when there´s a host transition. In other missions, you can usually finish with a new host or on your own. But this doesn´t work with railjacks as it´s the host´s ship! When a host transition happens, the mission is screwed and you return to the main menu, losing all your loot and progress.

The game seems great if you´re hosting but boy is it a mess as a random crew member.

• Like 4

On 2019-12-16 at 9:41 AM, IamLoco said:

If the captain randomly decides to jump back to the dojo before refining the resources, the whole squad loses their loot. Sure, you can refine yourself, if you´re lucky enough for the forge being on cooldown. And if you´re fast. See how usually 3 people RUSH to the forge once the mission is complete? It happened to me several times that the host simply jumped back before anyone could refine.

IMO the problem with this is that you have to refine during the mission at all. I have no idea why they came up with that mechanic, it's pure idiocy. That's not how looting works in warframe, nor how it should work in any game. I'd really love to hear some sort of motivation for this because I'm totally dumbfounded about what the reasoning behind this could possibly be.

Having to refine materials is fine, we do that with gems and ore from mining too. But losing your loot because someone outside your control is in a hurry to get home is... a lot of words that I'm not allowed to use on the forum.

You get the 'Mission Success' screen when the host chooses dojo or next mission. After that, it's safe to leave the squad.

Edited by Guest

On 2019-12-16 at 9:41 AM, IamLoco said:

when going back to the dojo it wil be automaticaly refined so no worry about that

6 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

What sorcery is this and how do you do it?...

I ran a few missions yesterday and didn't do this. Lol

If you do not refine before going back to the dojo, the resources you gathered are simply lost.

If you don´t believe me, google the topic. Or try it.

If you refine, you instantly get your share of the resources. If you don´t, the mission summary will not show any gathered resources and you also won´t have them in your inventory. Why do you think 1000 people already complained about this completely senseless mechanic?

15 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

If you do not refine before going back to the dojo, the resources you gathered are simply lost.

If you don´t believe me, google the topic. Or try it.

If you refine, you instantly get your share of the resources. If you don´t, the mission summary will not show any gathered resources and you also won´t have them in your inventory. Why do you think 1000 people already complained about this completely senseless mechanic?

I understand and I 100% believe you. 

What i've repeatedly been asking is HOW DO YOU REFINE? lol

I've gone with several people and none of us have found anywhere on the ship to do it. Lol

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I understand and I 100% believe you. 

What i've repeatedly been asking is HOW DO YOU REFINE? lol

I've gone with several people and none of us have found anywhere on the ship to do it. Lol

Oh, so that was an honest question and not some kind of troll attempt. I am sorry!

You can refine materials at the FORGE. The forge is located at the very bottom, very end of the ship. You have 4 forge nodes there, each with a cooldown once activated.

So go back, down, back, down.

Once you are plugged into the forge, you see a "Refine" button at the top, over the crafting options.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

Oh, so that was an honest question and not some kind of troll attempt. I am sorry!

You can refine materials at the FORGE. The forge is located at the very bottom, very end of the ship. You have 4 forge nodes there, each with a cooldown once activated.

So go back, down, back, down.

Once you are plugged into the forge, you see a "Refine" button at the top, over the crafting options.

I'm not quite understanding.

I played my first few railjack missions last night solo only for the first time and went back to the dry dock each time without refining.  I never bothered looking at my mission results screen closely but I'd assumed the 14 titanium, 34 pustrels, etc that I picked up for each mission was granted to me (gosh I need to check when I get home later). So you're saying I lost them because I didn't refine them?

Also, I don't understand the purpose of refining. Why do you need to refine when you already have the resources? What does refining do actually?!

5 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I'm not quite understanding.

I played my first few railjack missions last night solo only for the first time and went back to the dry dock each time without refining.  I never bothered looking at my mission results screen closely but I'd assumed the 14 titanium, 34 pustrels, etc that I picked up for each mission was granted to me (gosh I need to check when I get home later). So you're saying I lost them because I didn't refine them?

Also, I don't understand the purpose of refining. Why do you need to refine when you already have the resources? What does refining do actually?!

Yeah no one understands this mechanic. It´s dumb. Period.

Fact is - if you do not refine your looted resources, they will NOT go to your or your squads´ inventory.

You need to refine before going back to your dojo or all the gathered random resources are lost. Except very few exceptions. And you can see this clearly - if you go back without refining, you will have 2 or 3 items in your mission summary. If you DO refine, you got a long list of random stuff.

No one likes the refining mechanic and no one actually knows why they made it this way - and I am pretty sure they will scrap it soon. But as of today - you need to manually refine.

PS: The "purpose" of refining is, that you, as a squad member, can decide any time, that you now want your share of the loot. And that you don´t want your share of the loot to be used for crafted ship materials, like repair juice, ammo etc.

You CAN refine any time during a mission, but you will at this very moment empty the resource cache of the ship and contribute all gathered resources to the team. Often rendering the ship with not resources to continue. Which is - obviously - a totally dumb idea in the first place.

Edited by IamLoco