Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To show how bad Grendel's passive is, here's some existing warframe passives "reworked" to the tune of it

RS219

Grendel does need some tweaking overall, Ive been trying to make him viable because I usually find something good about all warframes, but while grendel is tanky he is very clunky to use. I need to eat to use abilities but anything more than a few enemies will drain energy too fast even with Rage on. So I felt like I wasnt really doing anything helpful, just messing around sometimes eating things sometimes puking them out... 

Basically his 4th is quite useless in any serious gameplay, his 3rd (puking) feels more like any other warframes first ability similar to shock or fireball so pretty boring. His second (buffs) is ok I guess but dont really notice if its on or not. Eating is good but as I said drains too much energy considering its hard to use even with primed flow and Rage while his energy buff is active. 

Fully agreed with the OP, Grendel's passive may as well just be shifted onto his 1, as it's entirely dependent on him casting Feast. Given how essential Feast is in general to the casting of his other abilities, I would probably find that a way to make the ability his actual passive.

9 hours ago, xombob89 said:

Wut, like how? Grendel eats everything that moves automatically? :D

I mean, if we're to spitball this here, here's a few ideas off the top of my head:

• Version 1: Grendel devours enemies in close range once they are below a certain health threshold.
  • Version 2: Grendel's slide has him bite enemies for a portion of damage, scaling with their level, and devouring them if the damage is lethal.
  • Version 3: Grendel repeatedly and automatically bites the closest enemy in range, dealing them damage scaling with their level, and devouring them on a lethal hit.

Grendel needs to have a sliding scale on enemies in to energy. 1 enemy gains energy at slow rate 2 generates a bit faster 3 is neutral going past that ramps up as currently.  This would give his 3 a bit more utility so you can keep your belly managed as you need.  On the topic of his 3 it needs to have much bigger splash with a good armor strip. 

His passive should be baked into his 1 (same with chroma, if the helminth version of a skill gets the passive baked in thats a good indicator that the frame should get the same treatment).  New passive should be eating related like all consumables(pickups) grant a 25% bonus (percentage would need to be tested)

I knew his passive was stupid the mint I heard what it was, it`s a shame you have to explain you reasons coz you shouldn't have to, not to ppl that has been playing this for a while.

It would be better if the passive was that enemies within a 50m radius will give him 20 armour which is what I suggested, as for chroma if his passive was to be taken away from him, his abilities won`t be able to function, for his passive I would make it to where each status proc he receives of any kind will increase his ability damage by 20% and the duration of the buff is doubled depending on the proc, for once this make it to were you actually want to receive a proc.

Archived