Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zaw Crafting Component Inconsistency - Intended or not?

shootaman777

Back in U24.6, during the PoE Remaster, Zaw Grips/Handles had Fish Scales removed from their blueprints, being replaced with Fish Oil. However, it would seem that Plague Zaw Grips/Handles were not adjusted in this manner, as we can see in the current Naberus shop:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Additionally, the Shtung (which can not be abbreviated to 'Sht' when naming a Zaw, since apparently that's too close to being profanity. I name Zaws based on their modular components, which is the only reason why I've seen this in the first place. Thought it was interesting, so figured I'd mention it) has not undergone the change to Fish Oil, as we can see from a side-by-side comparison with the other grip/handle released at the same time as the Shtung; the Korb.

unknown.pngunknown.png

Is this intended? Does it matter? I don't know.

16 hours ago, shootaman777 said:

Back in U24.6, during the PoE Remaster, Zaw Grips/Handles had Fish Scales removed from their blueprints, being replaced with Fish Oil. However, it would seem that Plague Zaw Grips/Handles were not adjusted in this manner, as we can see in the current Naberus shop:

unknown.pngunknown.png

Additionally, the Shtung (which can not be abbreviated to 'Sht' when naming a Zaw, since apparently that's too close to being profanity. I name Zaws based on their modular components, which is the only reason why I've seen this in the first place. Thought it was interesting, so figured I'd mention it) has not undergone the change to Fish Oil, as we can see from a side-by-side comparison with the other grip/handle released at the same time as the Shtung; the Korb.

unknown.pngunknown.png

Is this intended? Does it matter? I don't know.

I don't know why it changed in the first place, you get both from any PoE fish, but if they said they were changing it it is probably an oversight. I don't honestly know if it needs fixing though, would have to know why it was supposed to be changed.

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I don't know why it changed in the first place, you get both from any PoE fish, but if they said they were changing it it is probably an oversight. I don't honestly know if it needs fixing though, would have to know why it was supposed to be changed.

The change was originally made because every fish drops Fish Oil and Fish Scales in some combination, but only Fish Scales were used for the overwhelming majority of all Cetus blueprints that used either of the two resources. So, in farming the resources, people would end up farming a ton of fish, but ending up with a stockpile of useless Fish Oil, while having to grind fish purely for Fish Scales. That is why, with this change, Fish Oil also became available to be sold for credits.

Agreed, if DE says it's an oversight, then it's an oversight. Until such an occasion, it remains what it currently is - an inconsistency.

Archived