Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Fissures needs improvements

(PSN)willitical

Specically the survival and excavations needs improvements, most of the time i avoid thse types because i constantly do not get any prime parts, time after time i have to say let them turn, somehow most players are still in the dark as to why you have to wait for enimies to turn into corruptes before killing them, because then if  the corruuption cloud spawns there will no enimes to turn, and normal cant drop reactant and you have to collect 10 reactant in order to get special rewards, ive even had trouble from  joining a mission in progress and most of the enimes are already dead and they wont wait for everyone to have their reactant before finishing the mission, to me the best missions to run is excavations and survivals but in current condition its not worth it, so i have a few ideas, the biggest one is to have the cloud always spawn corrupted enimes with it, that way people can slaughter everything and not mess up the flow of the mission, watching enimes and waiting for clouds isnt very much fun, and with excavations usually people will rush both drills at the same time and then it dramatically narrows the window to collect enough reactant, my idea is to only allow 1 drill at a time, but if the 1st suggestion is sufficient to fix reactant issues then just ignore the 2nd idea, but its just a shame the the best and most fun fissure missions are actually the worst in current condition, im soo tired of saying let them turn, plese de fix these issues so thse missions, can be effective at farming those special rewards

Yeah have complained about this a lot but no change after years. 

You have to actively slow down your gameplay in these fissures which is very boring, and as you said often people "play normally" and then we get no rewards. 

Annoys me daily and if they ever change it for the better I would probably never complain about anything again. 

It's a really easy problem to avoid with some effort.  IDK why success has to be guarenteed, you can form a deliberate party and use strategies that always succeed if you try, at all. 

This goes in the box with bosses that don't always lose, and every other player complaint that's actually trying to make the game worse. 

Equating "trying" with purposely slowing down your gameplay is not right. It's the opposite where we have to try less.

The reactant drops serve as nothing but a time waster and anti afk tool. Speed up the rate that enemies get covered in void energy, make them drop more reactant and people will be less annoyed.

Note that the old void didn't have this problem. 

• 1 month later...

if boosters would help that would make a huge difference, resource booster doubles doubles reactant making you only need to pick up 5 reactants, and recourse drop chance booster gets more reactant to drop, if they changed that then we could play any fissure mission and not have to worry about reactant 

On 2020-10-21 at 1:38 PM, BahamutKaiser said:

It's a really easy problem to avoid with some effort.  IDK why success has to be guarenteed, you can form a deliberate party and use strategies that always succeed if you try, at all. 

What the heck are you talking about?

You have to stop playing the game to wait for the enemies to convert. How is that in ANY WAY effort to you. If anything, its the opposite of effort. I dont have to do anything at all but AFK until all enemies in the map have converted then kill them. Thats not fun at all, OR challenging.

Nobody wants the fissures to be easier, we want it to WORK without boring waiting time and slowing down the gameplay.  Even with forming a squad it has failed countless of times for me because it only needs ONE player who kills them too fast or activates excavators too fast to make it fail. Im glad you have a great bunch of friends to play and coordinate with but everyone arent part of a clan and some people dont want to wait around recruiting squads and want to jump right into the game with some randoms.

Heres some examples for you:

Excavation: You join a public squad, one player is new and doesnt speak english. In normal game, you would usually activate 2 excavators at once to make the process faster. In fissures, if you do this, you fail because its TOO fast, not to mention the reactant only spawns in one of the excavators near one player. So, this new player who doesnt understand this and doesnt speak english, goes to activate multiple excavators, thus making everyone else fail regardless of what we do.

Survival: All players go to random directions dispite being told to stick together. Reactant follows only one player. IF - and this is a big IF - enough reactant spawns, they are scattered around the map and half the players never find enough, again fail due bad design of the system.

Defense: There is an Equinox OR Saryn OR Ember OR Mesa OR Nova OR Mirage in the team. Pretty much guaranteed to not get enough reactant if they use abilities, which most players will do in public squads.

Interception: Same thing as defense, but at least here you can try to let enemy capture points if it seems theres not enough reactant drops (but Ive been in games where the team captured them back regardless and we didnt get enough).

Disruption: Again, in normal gameplay you activate multiple conduits at once. If you do this in fissures, you fail. Almost impossible to do this on public games, I tell people to slow it down every time I join these but they rarely listen, so I have to hoard and hide keys if I play this game. This is stupid.

On 2020-10-21 at 1:38 PM, BahamutKaiser said:

This goes in the box with bosses that don't always lose, and every other player complaint that's actually trying to make the game worse. 

So by your logic we could imagine that there was a boss called Fissure. You had to collect 10 reactant to kill the boss, and they only dropped from his minions. You have a timer of 5 minutes, and he spawns minions all the time, but BEWARE, you cant kill them until he converts them. He only converts a bunch every minute. If you kill those minions during that one minute, he spawns another batch but doesnt convert anything, and you lose the game at the end of that 5 minutes wasting your time.

You call that good design? Fighting the boss, makes you lose? But waiting, doing nothing most of time, makes you win? Thats no boss fight if you arent doing any fighting.

Thats how endless fissures are right now, a waiting game.

i definitely like your idea, but i think you meant to say mini boss drops 10 reactents, or you could just do away with reactant, after the round ends you automatically get access to your relic reward in addition to a random amount of void traces, that would make all fissures much more enjoyable and stress free gameplay, i hate having to complain in game chat telling people how to play, id much rather let everyone play the game however they like and not ruin your experience because they don't know what there doing, which reminds me of another issue, sortie spy missions, most people know that you have to solo those or you will lose your mind, i don't really mind doing them on solo but id rather be able to keep the squad going for all those spy missions, so how could that be made better, its simple, if someone falls a spy vault, they cant attempt any more vaults in that mission but someone can come to attempt to complete the vault, i would say each vault should allow 3 attempts ps but after the 3rd fail the entire mission fails, but at least then you wouldn't constantly fail because of something someone else did wrong, but until then the majority will continue to split up and solo sortie spy missions 

36 minutes ago, (PSN)willsp282012 said:

i definitely like your idea, but i think you meant to say mini boss drops 10 reactents, or you could just do away with reactant, after the round ends you automatically get access to your relic reward in addition to a random amount of void traces, that would make all fissures much more enjoyable and stress free gameplay, i hate having to complain in game chat telling people how to play, id much rather let everyone play the game however they like and not ruin your experience because they don't know what there doing, which reminds me of another issue, sortie spy missions, most people know that you have to solo those or you will lose your mind, i don't really mind doing them on solo but id rather be able to keep the squad going for all those spy missions, so how could that be made better, its simple, if someone falls a spy vault, they cant attempt any more vaults in that mission but someone can come to attempt to complete the vault, i would say each vault should allow 3 attempts ps but after the 3rd fail the entire mission fails, but at least then you wouldn't constantly fail because of something someone else did wrong, but until then the majority will continue to split up and solo sortie spy missions 

100, just in case some of the reactant is unreachable. Remember how some Exterminate missions became impossible because enemies just stopped spawning?  

Archived