The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwatch Napalm

Canach

I'm surprised that so many people are claiming Nightwatch Napalm is "good but not overpowered"

I've always thought it was pretty ridiculously overpowered, and am half expecting it to get a nerf; perhaps some limitation where it can only be used on the Old Ogris, but not the stronger Kuva Ogris. (augments like this are meant to put new life into old weapons; Kuva Ogris isn't exactly old or dead).

A Kuva Ogris with aoe viral and slash procs, plus the Napalm adding a second aoe with Independent Status Proc chance for Heat?? so far less stat chance dillution. OMG that's crazy OP. 

viral/slash/heat meta in an aoe monster, and we know how DE feels about both aoe and meta....

30 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

I'm surprised that so many people are claiming Nightwatch Napalm is "good but not overpowered"

I've always thought it was pretty ridiculously overpowered, and am half expecting it to get a nerf; perhaps some limitation where it can only be used on the Old Ogris, but not the stronger Kuva Ogris. (augments like this are meant to put new life into old weapons; Kuva Ogris isn't exactly old or dead).

A Kuva Ogris with aoe viral and slash procs, plus the Napalm adding a second aoe with Independent Status Proc chance for Heat?? so far less stat chance dillution. OMG that's crazy OP. 

viral/slash/heat meta in an aoe monster, and we know how DE feels about both aoe and meta....

Slash doesn't need armor reduction, and the proc chance for slash on Kuva Ogris is abysmal, even when modding specifically for it. It's just not reliable. And you can already mod for viral heat. And I'll say it again in this thread; Nightwatch Napalm does poor damage. The only thing the augment is good for is doing very mild CC. More heat procs don't mean much when they all do poor damage and you're not even guaranteed them.
Conclusion: sole use is CC, which isn't really great in the current focus of the game

Archived