Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwatch Napalm

Canach

Awesome mod, run it on status build ogris. Inhale fire status proc which won’t be combined - almost permanent stun on group of enemies. I really like use it on Infested survival SP farm when I want to turn off brain and just shoot. I have radiation with 130+ status chance on it, so Ancient healers can screw themself :)

5 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

It's a very good mod. Definitely worth slotting onto a kuva ogris. 

This.  It’s not trash.  In addition to what it can do with a high-status build and aoe...it also counters Aggro by panicking enemies it lights on fire...a mini-Nyx-chaos effect.

Is it effective at the 2-hour mark of an endurance run?  Likely not your best choice.  But it can be great up to Steel Path/3rd Sortie level enemies.

And when you cast elemental damage Augs on it...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This.  It’s not trash.  In addition to what it can do with a high-status build and aoe...it also counters Aggro by panicking enemies it lights on fire...a mini-Nyx-chaos effect.

You mean the heat panic I already get from modding for heat? Might as well just get a radiation bonus kuva ogris if you want discount Nyx.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

And when you cast elemental damage Augs on it...

Last I checked elemental damage buffs don’t work on it.

its the mod that makes kuva ogris extremly strong status weapon, build for corrosive and heat and watch as 2-3 rockets melt lvl 165 hvy gunners in seconds.

i used ogris in deimos extensively, had reasonable success against necramechs too untill i started using stropha and well its stropha, stropha just one shots most things

Its a good mod , but practical applications may be limited (that too to the kuva variant not the regular one).

the napalm lasts for a relative short time and only procs heat (only affected by base damage mods) - but its long enough to cover most distances for melee closing in regular missions or restack the napalm after reloading to keep enemies locked,

if you have a riven that allows you to get decent status (directly or indirectly) you can slot this instead of the dual status heat mod for some very good spot CC and debuff zones (cause heat is good now)

Its a good mod FOR THE KUVA OGRIS , it makes it competent but not OP.

I'm with the folks who say it's good on the Kuva Ogris: it adds some nice CC and minor (short term) armor stripping. It's great when you're in a mission where enemies are clustered up, and awesome up to around early steel path/sortie/ level 5 lich territory. I specifically don't mod my Ogris for heat because the napalm does that. 

But not so much the normal Ogris.

4 hours ago, SpiritTeA said:

Awesome mod, run it on status build ogris. Inhale fire status proc which won’t be combined - almost permanent stun on group of enemies. I really like use it on Infested survival SP farm when I won’t to turn off brain and just shoot. I have radiation with 130+ status chance on it, so Ancient healers can screw themself :)

^this

try it OP, it's good especially on kuva ogris

before the heat damage changes it was meh at best, now it's a pretty decent form of area denial with additional armor strip. if you aren't using a defensive frame, you can at least defend hallways and other chokepoints by blocking them off wit the Napalm. it's not the best of course, but it's better than nothing. 

and yeah, Kuva Ogris is great, no charge-up on it so it feels more like a traditional launcher. 

I like Nightwatch Napalm because it adds yet another status effect. The Kuva Ogris isn't the best primer for Condition Overload but I don't know of any other weapon that can be built for 8 damage types. My go to Kuva Ogris utility builds have either mag/viral/blast/electric/heat/impact/puncture/slash or mag/corrosive/blast/cold/heat/impact/puncture/slash. 

Try it with Mag's bubble and watch hapless enemies being pulled into fiery inferno:-) Also much better flame damage, probably because bubble's dmg bonus on main target. 

I have +multishot riven in my fun build. With Nightwatch napalm, both multishot mods, fulmination and heavy caliber i can make a huge area covered in pretty flames instantly. Even more fun with aimglide modded 'carpet bomber' Zephyr. Word of caution, that kind of sensory overload is best used solo, other players might consider it trolling. (on the other hand, Mirage/Wukong Brammas are still everywhere...) 

IMO Ogris isn't that strong of weapon due to low crit. You can build it in status way but there better weapons at status spreading.

So when I build Ogris, I try to boost its damage in every mod slots, to squeeze as much damage as possible. I would rather have Heavy Calibur + multishot since it boost damage and also increase cover area, than use something like Nightwatch Napalm for AOE.

Edit: I am talking about if I have to choose between HC vs Napalm for that mod slot. Of course if I am fighting armor target I already vrl/heat from other slot. Basically not care about the heat utility from napalm.

On 2020-10-21 at 2:26 PM, Canach said:

Thanks for all the responses - I just may go get a Kuva Ogris now...

:redveil:

Turns out I still had a Kuva Ogris, but now I gotta farm a potato and some forma...

The build I'm thinking about:

• Serration, Split Chamber
  • Heavy Calibur, Firestorm, Nightwatch Napalm
  • Primed Cryo Rounds, Thermite (60/60), Malignant (60/60)

Archived