Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Bugged Riven Challenge "Kill X Dagryn pilots before they hit the ground"

Brynslustafir

I have 2 pistol rivens currently asking me to complete the same challenge, I've tried both but despite fulfilling every apparent requirement I have made no progress.

The riven in question is equipped on my Sepulcrum, and I've used both it and my Snipetron Vandal to literally snipe the pilots right out of the dagryns, or just blow both of them up in one shot. 

Every single time, and with both rivens, the pilots have died before they hit the ground. I've tried it on the pilots that run to their dagryns to take off as well as the ones that warp right into the world already airborne.

Do I need to blow up the Dagryn and THEN the pilot? If so, why won't the game tell me? I can't even try again until daytime since Dagryn pilots don't spawn in at night. 

If the only stated requirement is to kill them before they hit the ground, why doesn't sniping them out of the Dagryn 30 meters up in the air count? If they need to be in a fall state, why won't either Riven tell me?

Ran into this as well, I found a workaround. Use Titania and use her 1 on the Dagryn pilots while the ships are in the air and flying around. The ship will then fly off leaving the pilot floating in the air. Destroy the ship then kill the pilot stuck in the air and the riven should count it.

On 2020-10-21 at 12:39 PM, Brynslustafir said:

Do I need to blow up the Dagryn and THEN the pilot?

Yes, they need to start free falling first. Otherwise you're effectively just killing the dargyn by itself in the air. I agree it could be worded better, but I can understand that's tricky in the small space.

5 minutes ago, staranow said:

Ran into this as well, I found a workaround. Use Titania and use her 1 on the Dagryn pilots while the ships are in the air and flying around. The ship will then fly off leaving the pilot floating in the air. Destroy the ship then kill the pilot stuck in the air and the riven should count it.

Titania makes this challenge stupid easy.  I had a friend tell me about using the Spellbind Power on the Pilots and thought it was utter nonsense until I tried it and it does work! Actually the pilots don't have to even be anywhere near the Dargyn craft nor do you have to bother destroying the Dargyn at all, just simply cast Spellbind on any Pilot walking around and once floating simply shoot and eliminate the Pilot. Riven challenge Done and done! I'm sure this easy Titania trick will become nerfed once DE discovers this and labels it as an "exploit."  I find it a creative and imaginative use of the tools we have at our disposal, not an exploit!

So Shhhhh don't tell anyone our secret!

its always sunny in philadelphia shut up GIF

Archived