Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nihil Fight - what do?

Kaffeebohnson

Question

8 answers to this question

If I'm guessing correctly what you need to do is avoid the things he throws at you, pick them up and then throw them initially at the objects that where unique to your playthrough of the crime scenes. 

Which will cause him to become vulnerable so you can then pick them up and throw them at him while he continually breaks the platforms until the mission either becomes unplayable because there is no arena left OR you get to the next phase.

Its thoroughly unenjoyable 

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Oreades:

Its thoroughly unenjoyable 

I gotta admit, I have pretty low standards, but DE ain't no Nintendo when it comes to classic three-phase Bossfights. Jeez. What a slog. Here's some pro strats:

- You can pause the fight at any time to chill and vent on the forums.
- You can fall off the stage without penalty.
- Once you respawn, just stay on that platform. It constantly collapses, but who cares?
- When Nihil tilts back his head, he's about to shoot a projectile. Jump to get out of its way and it impacts right behind you.
- Run over its yellow marker (no button press needed to pick it up)
- Throw it at a blue crystal so Nihil becomes vulnerable (absolutely clear! flawless design)
- Repeat, but now throw the stuff at Nihil (It helps to jump towards him to close the distance and ensure a hit)
- Don't fall asleep
- Repeat 11294814 times
- Win a sense of accomplishment (?)

5 hours ago, (NSW)Kaffeebohnson said:

I gotta admit, I have pretty low standards, but DE ain't no Nintendo when it comes to classic three-phase Bossfights. Jeez. What a slog. Here's some pro strats:

- You can pause the fight at any time to chill and vent on the forums.
- You can fall off the stage without penalty.
- Once you respawn, just stay on that platform. It constantly collapses, but who cares?
- When Nihil tilts back his head, he's about to shoot a projectile. Jump to get out of its way and it impacts right behind you.
- Run over its yellow marker (no button press needed to pick it up)
- Throw it at a blue crystal so Nihil becomes vulnerable (absolutely clear! flawless design)
- Repeat, but now throw the stuff at Nihil (It helps to jump towards him to close the distance and ensure a hit)
- Don't fall asleep
- Repeat 11294814 times
- Win a sense of accomplishment (?)

...there's blue crystals?

(which, y'know, reinforces your point about the clarity of the fight design — or more accurately, the lack thereof)

I also have opinions about one-hit-kill attacks, but none that would fit the ratings of the forums.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Fredhoof:

...there's blue crystals?

The crystals containing past clues that float around Nihil at the start of each of his three phases. Idk if you need to hit a specific one (containing the correct clue), for me destroying any seemed to do the trick.

Archived