Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Ward Wisp - Build questions

Canach

Question

The idea is a Strength-focused Wisp using Elemental Ward to be used primarily for point-defense mission types.

(5 Forma as shown below, including formanizing the Aura slot)

My current Wisp Build Plan (not done with the forma train yet):

• Brief Respite (Shields from Casting)
  • Umbral Vitality, Redirection
  • Blind Rage, Umbral Intinsify (STR 227%) , Primed Continuity (155%) , Stretch (145%)
  • Primed Flow, Streamline, Preparation(R7, Exilus slot), Arcane Energize, Zenurik School
  •  Arcane Resistance (102% to resist Toxic status effects)
  • Helminth Elemental Ward instead of #4 Sol Gate

Looking for any/all comments and suggestions, Thanks! :redveil:

EDIT: So far, I like equipping her with the Kuva Ogris, Kuva Nukor, and Orthos Prime, and currently companioned by a Vulp Panzer, but may switch her. Also, I usually play on private team with one other player, or public for Steel/Arbitration.

6 answers to this question

uh, what color Elemental Ward are you planning on using?
you will definitely prefer Adaptation over Redirection.

Preparation is pretty pointless outside of Grendel Missions, which you can't use there anyways.
especially when you have both Energize and Energizing Dash + Energy Pulse.

Resistance seems pretty scenario specific to me, but whatever floats your boat.

50 minutes ago, taiiat said:

what color Elemental Ward are you planning on using?

This will probably vary by mission/foe/experimentation

you will definitely prefer Adaptation over Redirection.

I often do, (Umbra, Inaros, Wukong), but for caster frames like Wisp, I think Redirection is more beneficial

Preparation is pretty pointless

Sometimes, preparation is really (or extremely) nice - In this case, I'm thinking I have energy overkill, so probably agree with you. I may put Handspring there instead.

Resistance seems pretty scenario specific

Well, Foe-Specific, I really only use Arcane Resistance  vs Infested, otherwise I'll use something else, but at this point, I'm not sure sure what - maybe Arcane Awakening - I don't have a lot of full arcanes to choose from...

I don't see the use for resistance. Toxin status doesn't kill you and toxin damage isn't affected and kills you anyways. Also if Toxin damage one-shots are your concern why use Redirection? It only increases the time it takes to fully reset your shield gate and does nothing against toxin damage. If you want to build against toxin damage I'd mod armor. Since Wisp has pretty low base armor you get more DR from added armor since the diminishing return is still low. I'd assume your armor DR would go from something like 40% up to 70% roughly depending on how much extra armor you squeeze in which means a lot more EHP and better synergy with her health buff and health regen. You cold also go for the toxin damage resistance mods which there are 2 of. Toxin damage sucks nontheless and is probably the main reason you'll die eventually like on most frames that havn't outright damage immunity because it's the only damage type that ignores shield gate mechanics.

I'd throw out Stretch, Preperation, Redirection and Arcane Resistance. The Arcane I'd replace with Guardian or Aegis for defense or something like Strike or Avenger depending on playstyle for offense.

With your build I'd run Adaptation 99% of the time. Primed Sure Footed/Handspring. Leaves one slot which I'd use for either more armor, strength or duration. Depending on preference.

That being said, if you want a super high level point defense CC monster with Wisp I'd mod for range and duration and use Resonator and you (and your team) take virtually "no" damage and rely on shield gating mechanics if you get hit and builds tailored more for that since hp tanking falls off eventually. We talking quadruple enemy levels here though and min-max and partially - in my opinion - unintended cheese with dragon keys.

Edit: Plenty of edits.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I don't see the use for resistance. Toxin status doesn't kill you and toxin damage isn't affected and kills you anyways. Also if Toxin damage one-shots are your concern why use Redirection? It only increases shield gate full resets and does nothing against toxin damage. If you want to mod build against toxin damage I'd mod armor and/or the toxin damage resistance mods which there are 2 of.

I'd throw out Stretch, Preperation, Redirection and Arcane Resistance. The Arcane I'd replace with Guardian or Aegis for defense or something like Strike or Avenger depending on playstyle for offense.

With your build I'd run Adaptation 99% of the time. Leaves two slots which I'd use for either more armor, strength or duration. Depending on preference.

Yeah, I've been running maxed Arcane Resistance for a long time, and I know it's benefit - I am virtually unaffected by green clouds, but as noted, not worth wearing unless I'm going against infested. I will say I don't own Guradian or Aegis or Strike or Avenger, not beyond rank 0 or rank 1 anyway.

I've already addressed Redirection over Adaption for caster frames - I think I've played enough with both and am really happy using either - at any rate, they're both D polarity, so I can expriment.

Toss Stretch? I don't mind that suggestion at all, but put in what instead? Augur Secret for even more STR, or what?

15 minutes ago, Canach said:

I often do, (Umbra, Inaros, Wukong), but for caster frames like Wisp, I think Redirection is more beneficial

for a Warframe that has a Max Health boost, plus some Regen? i think it's pretty clear that Wisp is a Health based Warframe for the most part.
shrug.

Brief Respite already covers having Shields the majority of the time, and if you wanted to take more advantage of Shield Gating you'd actually be better off with Fast Deflection, in the current state of things.

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

for a Warframe that has a Max Health boost, plus some Regen? i think it's pretty clear that Wisp is a Health based Warframe for the most part.
shrug.

Brief Respite already covers having Shields the majority of the time, and if you wanted to take more advantage of Shield Gating you'd actually be better off with Fast Deflection, in the current state of things.

Worth thinking about - I used to use Fast Deflection a lot, it DOES make a lot of sense here...

Archived