Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Rhino Be As Popular If De Removed The Melee Slideattack Speed Boost?

Lunaticked

It makes him the second fastest frame in the game. Add maxed Rush and your flavour of the month mods and you have a freighttrain without brakes.

? 25% bonus on .8 how is that the second fastest, unless it's 25% to run speed then 25% sprint bonus on top of the new run speed. Still fifth fastest though at best. Ash 1.4 base, loki 1.6, volt speed bonus and 1.2, nova 1.2 and teleport.

honestly the "zorencopter" and the melee slide attack movespeed spam really hurts the game IMHO

and I do it ALL THE TIME

why? becuz it is the most effective way to get around, AND I HATE IT

I hate that I am so heavily incentivized to use a melee weapon I am not really fond of, just becuz it makes me move around the map SOOO MUCH FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE INGAME

nova just used wormhole? meh one zorencopter and im past her usually

volt used speed? he might be able to catch up now

loki can usually nip at my heels

srsly I want this mechanic to DISAPPEAR

at the same time, we do need the melee slide atk to have some kind of momentum, but it needs to have diminishing returns stack immediately so that we cannot spam the F*** out of it

maybe we need an alternate dash (so ppl arent meleesliding all over the place), hell i dunno, but whatever we get, it should NOT be spammable like the melee slide atk currently is

i dare say we could get a 5-10% increase to base run/walk spd to buffer out the loss of the melee slide atk spam, but i dunno

If you want Rhino to become less popular then they'll need to nerf infinite stomp builds and make Rhino a reasonable speed. Because as is I'm invulnerable, kill everything with one button press, never run out of energy, and am the fastest.

NOT OP (Trinity is insane too)

? 25% bonus on .8 how is that the second fastest, unless it's 25% to run speed then 25% sprint bonus on top of the new run speed. Still fifth fastest though at best. Ash 1.4 base, loki 1.6, volt speed bonus and 1.2, nova 1.2 and teleport.

0.9, 1.15, 1.25, 1.0, 1.2 base speed respectively.

He'll be fourth.

Edited by Khranitel

Speed isn't a discouraging factor. He's a tank, and tanks are supposed to trade speed for their awesome shield and armor.

Which is kinda sad when you realize most tanks in real life these days are absurdly fast on top of heavy armor and powerful guns.

0.9, 1.15, 1.25, 1.0, 1.2 base speed respectively.

He'll be fourth.

So they are - they've changed a lot of those speeds around from the last time I checked (Sometime around 9.0 update admittedly.) thanks for the correction. I only know nova's because I specifically checked it after coming back, never even considered the others might have changed. I would still contend volt is faster because of the speed ability - any time I'm playing volt it costs 6~ energy and has a lengthy duration, it's almost literally always up, no reason for it not to be.

Edited by Haeso