The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Subsumed Thermal sunder breaks abilities and weapons

(PSN)Stjernetaake

Um… Hello there. As someone who generally plays Gauss more than I have any of my other Frames since he originally came out on consoles, I initially didn't notice this bug myself during my time playing him recently, as his Thermal Sunder is typically the ability I use the least on him since I run a lower Range build most of the type. However, when I was testing out a new build with better Range that I was working on for once his augment comes out for consoles later on, I almost immediately got hit by this bug twice out of nowhere while running a Void Exterminate mission. 

Now the first time this bug happened I had no idea what had caused it, but the second time it happened I had noticed right away that it only bugged out again right after I had used TS to try and clear out a group of enemies near me, and once I had noticed this I immediately decided to run straight to the Sim room so I could test TS more thoroughly while still being able to reset back to the Sim's Arsenal if it happened to break again.

After running around a bit in the Sim, alternating between casting the Cold and Heat versions of TS in an empty area, I had noticed that there didn't seem to be any problems with it bugging out again, so I decided to spawn in some enemies to test them on, only to then immediately get hit by the softlock bug once again after having cast both variants of TS on them one after the other.

However, while my initial testing had first caused me to believe that it must have been because of the unique effects TS has with Heat and Cold procs, further testing on their interactions actually lead me to realize that it wasn't the combo effects as a whole that were triggering the softlock bug, but that it seemed to be specifically only be a single one of the unique TS combo effects that was triggering the softlock bug to take effect. Casting Cold twice to trigger the effect of instantly freezing enemies solid worked without any issue, as did casting Heat twice to trigger the advanced burning effect as well, but once I got to the effects it has when you use Cold and Heat together, I seemed to finally find what was actually causing the problem, as while casting the Cold variant first and then the Heat variant worked without any issue and triggered both the push effect that ragdolls enemies away from you and the armor strip effect that occurs when you are have Redline up, casting the Heat variant first into the Cold variant not only immediately triggered the softluck bug to happen in nearly every instance that I had tested it, but it also completely failed to trigger the pull effect that shoves enemies towards you and the additional Redline armor strip effect every time the softlock bug had triggered as well.

Now after having finished running all of those tests a few minutes ago, I had decided to hop over here to the forums to see if there happened to be anyone else who was experiencing this odd bug with Thermal Sunder, and if so whether it was specific to just Gauss's Thermal Sunder, or if it was TS as a whole that was being affected by it, and figured it might be worth sharing the results from my own testing after I saw that I wasn't the only one who's encountered this issue. I'm hopeful this problem will be addressed by the time that consoles get the new update later on, as the new augment for Gauss is genuinely one of the things I was most looking forwards to playing with in the Deimos Arcana update, and it just wouldn't feel very good if i had to worry about accidentally using Thermal Sunder and activating the softlock bug because one of my weapons or my Sentinal had happened to proc a Heat effect on any nearby enemies at the time. 

Archived