Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm &!$$ed

TruthSetAblaze

I can't believe DE would do this. They give completely unfair rewards to Grineer in the beginning and now they give EQUAL rewards for both. EQUAL, not tipped in Corpus favor but equal. This does nothing to help make it balenced as people are already committed to Grinner beyond repair.

I guess the hope that some them have a brain is gone now. The only hope we have left is that some of them have a heart and change the conditions of the event for everyone to actually get what they want. Punish the losing side somehow else.

Horrible planning on this one guys.

It's day 2 out of a 7 day event.  Little premature here, don't you think?

Regardless. It should have been equal from this start. How can you compare removing 5 days of build time reward (5 completed Fieldron) vs 100k credits? Ridiculous.

Edited by TruthSetAblaze

It's a little premature because we haven't seen all of the missions yet. Maybe it will be unbalanced in the Corpus' favor later.

How can something be unbalanced if we haven't seen all of it yet?

Edited by zeroythe

Regardless. It should have been equal from this start. How can you compare removing 5 days of build time reward (5 completed Feldron) vs 100k credits? Ridiculous.

5 days left man.  Plenty of time to give awards tilted to the corpus.  Plenty of time, and Steve hinted that's intentional.

Balance from the beginning is both impossible and dis interesting.  I don't suppose you've considered that this kind of emotional reaction was intended?  All the best stories have conflict, and it's pretty much never equal.

It's a little premature because we haven't seen all of the missions yet. Maybe it will be unbalanced in the Corpus' favor later.

How can something be unbalanced if we haven't seen all of it yet?

Come on. You can't tell me that the rewards shouldn't always be equal. Of course they should. And besides, the people fighting for Corpus should get the Corpus gear no matter who wins. We are fighting with them for a reason, no?

The rewards should not be equal, makes it way more interesting. Different people need different things. I was planning on going pure grineer and when I saw the catalyst for helping corpus on the first node i played... I helped corpus. I think there is a plan for this all, and I think it is WAY too early to get upset over rewards.

Come on. You can't tell me that the rewards shouldn't always be equal. Of course they should. And besides, the people fighting for Corpus should get the Corpus gear no matter who wins. We are fighting with them for a reason, no?

You are fighting for your morals. Nothing more, the items you get are purely there to help entice you to their side.

Why would the rewards be equal. The Grineer have more power than corpus therefore more supplies to spare. The corpus mainly sell items. SO they give out credits when hiring. Makes sense lore wise but, since everyone got their jimmies rustled they changed it.

The amount of credits is not equal to the value of the supplies given. Not even close.

I think the point OP was trying to make was that it should have been balanced in the first place. Since the rewards were tipped in favor of the Grineer, everyone is playing with them. As a result, even if the rewards were to make the Corpus look more favorable in the future, a lot of people would be commited to the Grineer anyways, so switching sides would be tedious.

I can, and I did.  Perfect balance at all moments doesn't create drama or conflict.  A net total balance, but with local inequalities, does.  Been backing the Grineer and now that next mission has a blue potato for the Corpus, you're conflicted.

The important part is that over the course of the event, it balances out - and since we've seen less then a third of the event, it's real early to call that.

Also, no, I don't think Corpus supporters should get the BP of their choice.  Losing armies generally don't get to pick their consolation prize, if they get one at all.  I do think both guns should be available after the event through alternative means - say, as drops from a redone Ruk or the new AladV boss.

Edited by Phatose

I think the point OP was trying to make was that it should have been balanced in the first place. Since the rewards were tipped in favor of the Grineer, everyone is playing with them. As a result, even if the rewards were to make the Corpus look more favorable in the future, a lot of people would be commited to the Grineer anyways, so switching sides would be tedious.

Exactly.

I don't think people made a decision as to which faction to play by the rewards of the first few missions. I think they looked at the lore behind each faction winning and decided that way. I wanted to side with the corpus the whole time they were talking about the event, but as soon as they said helping the grineer meant helping fellow tenno I was done. I think many people also made their decisions the same way.

I'd agree, but the problem is this kind of event should snowball, so as more time passes by the success gap between both sides should widen.

I find it rather hard to believe that people are purely mercenary on day 1, but not on day 4.  Especially since the event setup allows for you to be completely mercenary if you want.

I can, and I did.  Perfect balance at all moments doesn't create drama or conflict.  A net total balance, but with local inequalities, does.  Been backing the Grineer and now that next mission has a blue potato for the Corpus, you're conflicted.

The important part is that over the course of the event, it balances out - and since we've seen less then a third of the event, it's real early to call that.

Also, no, I don't think Corpus supporters should get the BP of their choice.  Losing armies generally don't get to pick their consolation prize, if they get one at all.  I do think both guns should be available after the event through alternative means - say, as drops from a redone Ruk or the new AladV boss.

But then the guns would be attainable after the event. That is unusual and would be dissapointing if they did it that way.

But then the guns would be attainable after the event. That is unusual and would be dissapointing if they did it that way.

You'll note that the handcannons are not wraith or vandal, while the melees are.  Typically, wraith/vandal is the exclusive part.

Edited by Phatose