Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Theorem Infection Bugged?

AbelKurayami

After maxing this arcane out I decided to start doing some testing with it in the Simulacrum. I feel as if it may be bugged, or it just doesn't effect certain minions. Nekros and his shadows, and Atlas's Rumblers are two things I've tried to test with this. Neither did more damage even with the full 15 stacks which is supposedly supposed to be a 350% damage increase and I honestly don't see why they wouldn't be effected considering they are summoned allies. On top of that, I haven't noticed it even increase the damage of pets like the Kubros and the rest. Has anyone else tried messing with this arcane?

10 hours ago, AbelKurayami said:

After maxing this arcane out I decided to start doing some testing with it in the Simulacrum. I feel as if it may be bugged, or it just doesn't effect certain minions. Nekros and his shadows, and Atlas's Rumblers are two things I've tried to test with this. Neither did more damage even with the full 15 stacks which is supposedly supposed to be a 350% damage increase and I honestly don't see why they wouldn't be effected considering they are summoned allies. On top of that, I haven't noticed it even increase the damage of pets like the Kubros and the rest. Has anyone else tried messing with this arcane?

It's obviously bugged. Anyways, thanks for reminding me to not to rush on this arcane for now.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, (PSN)dope_n_diamonds said:

I only managed to get it to work on wukong and equinox. Really dumb if it’s supposed to only work on specters and not every summoned (or recruited) ally. Should even work on Titania imo.

It doesn’t work with converted allies like Enthrall and Mind Control, which is clearly a missed opportunity. This Arcane could easily resurrect the summoner playstyle.

I tried out the theorem infection for the Nekros as I really enjoy building him for the SoD and had watched Nash prime's video on how to use it. (his video link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA5aG5iNGec)

It is working in a similar manner but needs to be in this order.

• First, the minions have to be spawned after gaining the arcane buff through the first residual arcane effect, this ensures that all of them would get the related elemental damage and stacks.
  • Next, switch to the other kitgun for the other residual effect to create a combined elemental damage (Corrosive, radiation, magnetic, etc).
  • After that, the residual buffs remains permanent for some reason and I just simply refresh the shadows to aid in killing the enemies.

You should repeat this process whenever a shadow gets killed. But strangely, there are always one or two shadows that seems to be unbuffed no matter what. I have two conclusion through this:

1) The default citadel simulacrum has no walls and whenever your minions drops off the platform, the buff gets reset. I actually got a more stable result when I was using the alternative simulacrum 'ball room' instead.

2) The other conclusion is that the buff only applies when the minions stand within the residual AOE rather than from the warframe and the 90m radius is bugged.

I then tried out using the Shock trooper augment

Spoiler

Eventually, I decided to cut out one of the steps by subsuming volt's 'shock' into Nekros as its augment 'shock trooper' can reliably give the shadows electricity damage.

This is where the theorem buffs gets even weirder.

You need to buff the minions with the theorem infection first and then apply shock trooper effect. Doing it the other way round will cancel both elemental damage and you have to repeat the process again.

So far, the minions are able to hit with corrosive, magnetic and radiation quite reliably but you have to keep track of the duration for both the shock trooper and shadow of the dead.

In the control setting of the simulacrum, the minions can always win against their counterparts even in high levels, but applying this in steel path has mixed results. Although, the shadows can deal heavy damage, they have a hard time focusing on their targets due to the excessive number of enemies in this content. This ends up in a situation where the minions are dog piled by 5 enemies each and being kicked to ground.

But comparatively speaking, it is still much better than before where they graduated from being distracting meat bags to helpful npcs. But certainly not as OP as one thinks.

Two teammates comes to mind when dealing with higher level enemies. An Oberon can definitely apply status immunity to the minions to stop them flinching from incoming shots but spawning an Ancient healer works as well. On the other hand, a Wisp teammate is always good to have due to their reservoirs buffing that increases the shadows fire rate, health regen as well as shocking CC.

Going to see how it works with Atlas afterwards but I am glad that I got this arcane. At the very least, I got my dream build of a proper necromancer warframe.

Archived