Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich as a new-ish player (<300 hours)

sh0shin

My Kuva Lich stole my High Index profit yesterday. I'd had a rough day, so I quit the game after that.

Pretty dumb of me, but also a fairly silly thing to not make clear what Kuva Liches are to a new player who is out of the loop. Neptune recently became Lich-influenced, but since The Index node itself was not, I didn't assume that any attempts at The Index would result in a net loss.

While this is stating the obvious, I need that cred to make new weapons -- recently went back and actually mastered my MK-1 Paris cuz I ran out of guns. I'd like new Warframes as I have about 15, including Primes. I could use that cred to increase Standing (have 3 levels into one faction -- rest are level 1), start basic 'frame research, and so on.

I'm barely into the game, from my POV, but since I enjoy singleplayer progression so much, I decided to play the "main content"/story first, along with clearing all my Star Chart. I guess I played too fast, because I didn't know what making a Lich did. Now all of Neptune (almost) and some of Sedna, Pluto, Saturn, and Jupiter are Lich-influenced nodes.

Now if I want to do Index or farm for Gauss, both of which I really wanted to get to yesterday, I need to clear several level ~80 nodes, none of which I can do with Sentients spawning. My Mote Amp is rank 9 or so.

I am aware there are several other ways to gain cred and recruitment chat or friends are options for Murmur farm, but I've had no luck so far and would rather not be held back by someone else deciding to carry me through the mission.

Mad cuz bad.

4 минуты назад, sh0shin сказал:

Now if I want to do Index or farm for Gauss, both of which I really wanted to get to yesterday, I need to clear several level ~80 nodes, none of which I can do with Sentients spawning. My Mote Amp is rank 9 or so.

exactly how is your amp a problem if its only used to reset the elemental resistances? were you thinking that sentients can only ever be killed using amps?

54 minutes ago, WarmongerExtraordinare said:

exactly how is your amp a problem if its only used to reset the elemental resistances? were you thinking that sentients can only ever be killed using amps?

My guess is their lich claimed Lua nodes as their first territories, so the (almost) inevitable spawning of high level Sentient is stopping them. But maybe not because they said their Index rewards were taken? Otherwise yeah, Sentients have nothing to do with the lich system.

Not a whole lot you can do OP. You can either suffer through the game until you have enough power to defeat your lich, or suck it up and find some powerful friends to help you with it. I can understand your frustration in that there is little stopping new players from spawning liches that are among the top percent of toughest enemies in the game. They don't exactly warn you about it in game either, so you'd only know if someone told you or you read on the wiki.

Take solace in that once you finally do defeat that lich, everything they've taken from you is retrieved.

1 hour ago, sh0shin said:

My Kuva Lich stole my High Index profit yesterday. I'd had a rough day, so I quit the game after that.

Pretty dumb of me, but also a fairly silly thing to not make clear what Kuva Liches are to a new player who is out of the loop. Neptune recently became Lich-influenced, but since The Index node itself was not, I didn't assume that any attempts at The Index would result in a net loss.

While this is stating the obvious, I need that cred to make new weapons -- recently went back and actually mastered my MK-1 Paris cuz I ran out of guns. I'd like new Warframes as I have about 15, including Primes. I could use that cred to increase Standing (have 3 levels into one faction -- rest are level 1), start basic 'frame research, and so on.

I'm barely into the game, from my POV, but since I enjoy singleplayer progression so much, I decided to play the "main content"/story first, along with clearing all my Star Chart. I guess I played too fast, because I didn't know what making a Lich did. Now all of Neptune (almost) and some of Sedna, Pluto, Saturn, and Jupiter are Lich-influenced nodes.

I am aware there are several other ways to gain cred and recruitment chat or friends are options for Murmur farm, but I've had no luck so far and would rather not be held back by someone else deciding to carry me through the mission.

Mad cuz bad.

I can help you defeat the lich.

8 hours ago, WarmongerExtraordinare said:

Was it not clear I'm a new player and probably and idiot? After this happened I had a MR 19 friend explain to me over several paragraphs how Liches work, though of course there's always the community resources.

And yeah no idea on amps, but they did more damage than my weapons were doing to the Sentients so I figured it was the only way.

Oh and the Sentients were on a Neptune node, which is the planet I need to clear to grind some Index cred.

The whole lich system is a ridiculous mess - and it was even worse on release. You are correct in that you are given exactly zero information as to what is happening, why it happened or what you can possibly do about it. There is a complete absence of any kind of documentation, there's no quest explaining what a lich is or how you fight them, no kind of checks to make sure that you're actually capable of fighting one and nothing tying them into the story.

It is most definitely not your fault for getting stuck with it.

With regards to the sentients, they have robotic health type protected by ferrite armour. This basically means that you should attack them with corrosive (toxin + electric) and puncture damage to get through the armour, or if you can strip their armour entirely, electric, radiation (heat + electric) or more puncture. You're still going to need to purge their resistances when they appear, but they should die faster this way.

Archived