Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Arcade Mode

Sevek7

Hi there! Just a quick suggestion:

Some of the encounters in the game are really fun, but come with mandatory waiting periods. I understand that these waiting periods are necessary to gate reward acquisition, so why not introduce an arcade mode with no rewards where you can play the encounters right away?

For example: Fighting a rank 5 Kuva lich requires a couple hours of mindless play. The Lich fight itself is very fun, but I don't want to wait 2-3 hours to get to the fun part.

Same thing with Necramechs, they're really fun to fight! But if you want to fight one, you have to first go through dialogue, bait collection, mobile defense x2. If you want to fight higher level ones (and 3 at a time), you have to repeat these waiting periods 3 times.

I would really enjoy an option to skip the downtime and go straight to the fun part. Rewards are not necessary when the fight itself is fun :)

2 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Can simulacrum summon the interesting enemies? Like Necramechs and Kuva Liches?

Plus the environments not being 1:1, and constant enemy spawns not really being a thing either.

I don't think it's a bad idea and it could be an interesting tool to gauge how engaging content itself is. Making something independent of rewards can let DE know, via data, what content is desired, rather than what rewards are desired. But that's also probably a fair bit of back-end work to implement.

(Although I guess they could even just add commands to trigger different mission stages and using a command forfeits rewards...)

11 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Plus the environments not being 1:1, and constant enemy spawns not really being a thing either.

I don't think it's a bad idea and it could be an interesting tool to gauge how engaging content itself is. Making something independent of rewards can let DE know, via data, what content is desired, rather than what rewards are desired. But that's also probably a fair bit of back-end work to implement.

(Although I guess they could even just add commands to trigger different mission stages and using a command forfeits rewards...)

Right, I have no idea what the best way to implement something like this would be. That would probably be better left to the professionals :)

25 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

Can simulacrum summon the interesting enemies? Like Necramechs and Kuva Liches?

right

but i would want some kind of reward for that mode

something cool

like.....

ressources and mod that drop from thoose ennemies in normal time

but really it should be viable lore wise

like some Simaris special chalenge

57 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

right

but i would want some kind of reward for that mode

something cool

like.....

ressources and mod that drop from thoose ennemies in normal time

but really it should be viable lore wise

like some Simaris special chalenge

I think DE will want time-gates on anything with worthwhile rewards. I guess they might be okay with regular resource drops like nano spores, alloy plate, etc...

Archived