Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do weapons often hit the same enemy multiple times?

MontyCulligan

Question

Do weapons hit their target multiple times fairly often with a single strike? Details:

I'm doing some testing in the Simulacrum to better my understanding of weapon damage. I'm using Ash with a simple level 30 Cronus with only Primed Reach on it. Base damage is 106 and crit multiplier is 1.5x.

Using it against level 40 Elite Lancers, I consistently see the regular attack give me 1 of 2 different non-crit (white) values that may correspond to how far away I am when I strike. It's either 27 damage or 54 damage (unless I crit).

I see this same behavior when using a similarly modded level 30 Orthos. My other thought was that maybe weapons only do 1/2 damage at the extent of their range, but I haven't found that info on the wiki anywhere. Also it doesn't quite match what I'm seeing. There seems to be a "sweet spot" with the Cronus to get 54 damage, and if I get too close to the enemy I only get the 27.

And a bonus question:

Has Stealth Damage from Ash's Smoke Screen always been this unreliable? Even when I don't come into physical contact with any enemies, I only get a Stealth Damage bonus about maybe 50% of attacks. I'm using the Orthos with Primed Reach, so it's not like it's difficult to keep out of contact.

4 answers to this question

As for melee, they could strike multiple times hence multiple hits. The best example is the Sarpa that shoots few (3-5 bullets, I don't remember) at time. All of them could hit single enemy.

However what you are seeing might be status damage for certain types. Cronus has Slash damage and it could deal some damage over time.

It's the headshot. Dunno why that didn't occur to me! Also, this gives me a new eye for stances. Those that can more reliably strike down on the head might be better. Double is not small. It will also makes me reconsider my weapon of choice and attack angle when using Ash's Smoke Screen.

Thanks all!

Archived