Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows crashes while updating

brunossgodinho

Hello. I've been away from the game a while and I attempted to update it thrice today. However, all those attempts ended in my Windows crashing. The first two I times I tried directly through the game's shortcut; then, I uninstalled and tried downloading through Steam. All the same, while downloading, Windows crashed into the blue screen.

It has never happened before and the only recent change in my setup was that I switched from an internet cable connection to a USB wireless modem. For now, I'll be vigilant to see if it happens in any other circumstances, but does anyone have any idea on how to solve this and/or how to discover the source of the crashing?

Thanks in advance.

it's rather rare these days that any application can lead to a bluescreen and certainly no misbehaving internet connection can do this, neither due to hard nor software problems  -at least not from the games launcher, but drivers may be a reason... that you'll find out when looking up the bsd-code. you might hae to set the option in windows to keep the bluescreen visible (meaning you are prompted to restart manually) else the bsd will vanish rather fast - but you can still check if the windows logfiles (for system, but also check the application tab of the even viewer too, just in case).

beside any driver problems (usually due to installing new hardware and the program not knowing this - warframe doesn't like getting a new GC for example, even if the card is using the same driver as the old one), the top suspects are the main-memory (meaning that on your mainboard, not the one one your GC, but ofc, that can also be a culprit) or a defect on the storage-medium (bad sector, for example or just a currupted block of data that was important and thus created some illegal memoy violation, which windows likes to punish with such BSD too). so, you might be in for some serious bug hunting, even with the infomation from the bluescreen - just go one step at the time, starting from what you can check the most easiest (since disk- and memory check sure take a lot of time to do).

happy hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, guys. Thanks for the tips and information. Sorry for the delayed response. You might find this incredibly absurd, but: apparently, my problem was the wi-fi extender (not the USB modem, but the extender). Somehow, I don't really know how, but it seems sometimes wi-fi extenders can cause this bizarre driver-related (I think that's it) bug that makes Windows crash once downloads (or any band consumption, I suppose) hits higher demands. So, as it turns out, the crashes were always happening once my download rates hit over 2Mb/s. Once removed the wi-fi extension (which was actually worthless since the signal was just fine, but that's another subject), crashes stopped entirely, even when using the USB wi-fi modem. After that, with the cable connection, things are just as normal as they ever were.

Thanks for the help anyway and good gaming to you all.

Archived