Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beam weapons range

KIREEK

Recently with the introduction of primed version of AOE blast mods like primed fulmination, i realized that the idea is to be similar to overextended mod ( the mod that gives more range to your abilities at the cost of streght) and while they aren't exactly the same, that fact is in an open mod slot, instead of adding more power, you trade that and you add range to the blast.

Some time ago, a popular way of using beam weapons like amprex was to add sinister reach, making the main beam and the beams coming out of it longer. This afterwards was changed, now the secondary beams had more range but it was fixed and couldn't be affected by the mod, you didn't want players to add a flat beam range enabling players to kill enemies on much longer ranges.

Now, things have changed, we see more AOE weapons, more AOE mods and they do have their drawbacks, but the main thing is, you make weapons weaker by having the possibility of adding range and that's great, why not revert the changes with beam weapons, let players replace the mod they want and make beam weapons (including the primary infested kitgun) benefit from sinister reach on the secondary beams, it's the same principle no? we trade power for range.

I just don't feel like the current situation with beam weapons like amprex or kuva nukor make much sense with so much AOE, bring those weapons back to their former glory, some players may prefer a damage sacrifice in order to get range.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb kwlingo:

In 2020 if a weapon cannot AOE in a large radius, just MR fodder. Only AOE are brought into pub now. If not, than large AOE nukes frames.

That has been the case since I started playing. Old Ember, Quake Banshee, Saryn with a Zenistar, Draco Excal, Atterax, Miragulor. There has always been pub stomping aoe as far as I can think back at least. Guns have finally arrived where abilities and melee have been and moved more towards since 2016ish at least. At a point where decent aoe options for their type are allowed to exist. Gun players just always did set guns (and other) back themselves by complaining each time a gun dared to be able to compete with abilities and melee. Tonkor, Synoid Simulor, Catchmoon, Bramma (muh headshot sniper kills get stolen, reeeee).

Regarding the topic. This would really depend on how much area you could cover on beam weapons with the bigger base range especially auto-chaining ones in combination with punchthrough. Generally not opposed though.

Archived