Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survey about average Nightwave S3 rank

Radu10

Hello, I am doing this post to collect a good campionary about average rank reached in this nightwave series, comment only if you played during the whole series and beated all weekly challenges 'till now. (also the rank you got in S2 and intermissions if u get the cap on those if you wanna)

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Def not, ill hit Rank 162 this week, but another 18, thats like for a another month

AND we have 12 days left...

According to a guy on my other post you could if you spent countless hours farming cephalites and had luck to get so many spawn when DE increased the cap last time. 

By my calculation considering in 3 hours you can get 5 glass fissures, you had spent 720 hours waiting in a open world glass spawns for getting the missing standing you needed.

And if you didn't you can't be called completionist, but a casual

33 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Ok how much you played since this nw series dropped. (Daily average hours if possible)

I usually playing WF like 2 hrs per day and i stoped with NW when prestige rank 90 was cap for few weeks and then catching up almost 6 weeks of challenges

I'm currently sitting at 168 and could reach 172 if I did the Tridolon challenge that I've put off for weeks. This would then include all weeklies and most (did some breaks here and there, in total maybe 2 weeks worth missing?) dailies.

The glass bois were a pain, though in retrospective farming them apparently a hard requirement for even thinking of reaching the cap.

On 2021-01-18 at 1:44 PM, 60framespersecond said:

I'm currently sitting at 168 and could reach 172 if I did the Tridolon challenge that I've put off for weeks. This would then include all weeklies and most (did some breaks here and there, in total maybe 2 weeks worth missing?) dailies.

The glass bois were a pain, though in retrospective farming them apparently a hard requirement for even thinking of reaching the cap.

Mainly issue is how they spawn and how easy they can be missed unles you focused on farming them right from when series started even if you hit the previous cap DE put during this series, the low standing gain also didn't helped either

From my napkin math, you'd have to average 2h of glass fissure eligible mission time per day over the course of the season (or about 445h in total). The biggest problem stems from the "glass fissure eligible" part. I can't back this up with numbers, because only DE knows, but I assume that a huge amount of mission time for a lot of players is actually regular fissures. And guess what, those cannot spawn glass bois.

28 minutes ago, 60framespersecond said:

From my napkin math, you'd have to average 2h of glass fissure eligible mission time per day over the course of the season (or about 445h in total). The biggest problem stems from the "glass fissure eligible" part. I can't back this up with numbers, because only DE knows, but I assume that a huge amount of mission time for a lot of players is actually regular fissures. And guess what, those cannot spawn glass bois.

From my and another user math that average is 3, almost 4 hours a day, and being lucky enough to never miss a spawn cycle.

And do that every day for almost a year is crazy, and too demanding

What numbers did you use? You can get 164 ranks doing every possible challenge and the story things. So you'd have to grind 16 ranks with glass fissures. That means 160k standing, with 150 standing per fissure, one fissure every 25 minutes. 160000/150*25/60 is roughly 445h. The season will be up for 257 days. Maybe I'm still missing something.

15 minutes ago, 60framespersecond said:

What numbers did you use? You can get 164 ranks doing every possible challenge and the story things. So you'd have to grind 16 ranks with glass fissures. That means 160k standing, with 150 standing per fissure, one fissure every 25 minutes. 160000/150*25/60 is roughly 445h. The season will be up for 257 days. Maybe I'm still missing something.

I considered in 3 hours i got 5 glass fissures (4 if i end up in one of the cycles it sometimes skips randomly). So consider that value in the math it requires around 640 hours

Ok, I see. I just took the theoretical number from the wiki, because I could never be bothered to actually actively farm those fissures. But from the top of my head I'd say that I usually had 2-3 spawns in the 1h SP Ani/Mot I did from time to time.

Not that my numbers make the problem any better. You'd still have to do these 2h every day for a long time and can't even do it in normal fissures.

49 minutes ago, 60framespersecond said:

Ok, I see. I just took the theoretical number from the wiki, because I could never be bothered to actually actively farm those fissures. But from the top of my head I'd say that I usually had 2-3 spawns in the 1h SP Ani/Mot I did from time to time.

Not that my numbers make the problem any better. You'd still have to do these 2h every day for a long time and can't even do it in normal fissures.

3 spawns can happen in 1 hour and half, a bit less if you get first one before 25 minutes. But i did not so many survival farms run this last 8 months, i kinda have all resource to do everything i may need.

Include kuva survivals (only survival i did, and keep doing a lot), latest event which lasted like a month and each run takes 55 minutes, kuva lich nodes (never got in my lich missions but can be wrong), eidolon hunts 'cause can't waste time there, railjack missions 'cause people use forward artillery asap even if glass spawn, and yeah all relic fissures...

I wish I counted all the times they spawned during extraction cutscene, or while you killing them someone forced timer on extraction, getting 30/150 standing

Archived