Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Lanka Could Use Some Better Aiming Calibration.

Aspari

I don't really have a video because it's impossible for me to record the game when I run 64-bit mode (and I kinda have to run it in 64-bit mode or the game is extremely sluggish), but here's what's wrong with the Lanka's aiming. Too often it will missfire. The projectile will travel off to the right of the reticle regardless of distance, so lining up the shot with the reticle isn't as reliable as it should be. 

I don't really have a video because it's impossible for me to record the game when I run 64-bit mode (and I kinda have to run it in 64-bit mode or the game is extremely sluggish), but here's what's wrong with the Lanka's aiming. Too often it will missfire. The projectile will travel off to the right of the reticle regardless of distance, so lining up the shot with the reticle isn't as reliable as it should be. 

I attribute that issue with the aiming issues of being in third person instead of first person. But just in case I'm wrong, have you tried to lean left instead of the default right? Additionally, care to give us screenshot instead, if possible?

It's a projectile, it's supposed to drop.  Compensate for it.

It's a projectile, it's supposed to drop.  Compensate for it.

That's not drop, you fool. The projectile veers to the side for no reason. I've seen it myself. 

As if it wasn't already hard enough to hit a distant target with the slower projectile, we also have to deal with bad alignment. I'm really starting to hate the Lanka. 

I literally just finally crafted mine. Took it to Vor like I do every new weapon/frame I get. Indeed, it does veer off to the side. But it seems to be random - sometimes it hits its mark perfectly, while other times it seems to be way off for no real apparent reason. It may have something to do with character movement, but I can't be sure.

And on the subject of Lanka....kinda wish they'd give it a new model. For something that powerful and that costly, the old Snipetron model it was given feels like a let down.

Edited by SoulEchelon

That's not drop, you fool. The projectile veers to the side for no reason. I've seen it myself. 

As if it wasn't already hard enough to hit a distant target with the slower projectile, we also have to deal with bad alignment. I'm really starting to hate the Lanka. 

Then why does it never "veer" from the center of the crosshair up close?

It'll do that even if the target was 60 meters away

I've forma'd it 5 times and have never seen this "veer" at close range.  It would happen at close range as well as long range if it were a misaligned crosshair.

Edited by Aggh

It may look like the projectile is sliding off to the side, but actually it's just because of your 3rd person perspective. 

The projectile will hit where the reticule was placed at the time of the shot. Every time I've fired the Lanka (unless there was some #$&(%-bag camera-shake going on) the bullet has hit where I was pointing it. In some cases, I wasn't aiming entirely on the opponents hit-box (I can only assume), so the bullet instead of going for my target, swiped past the target and hit something in the far back-ground, making it seem like the bullet swayed off entirely. How much it trails off to the side depends on your range from the target as well, since the warframe will always point the gun where you point it. So unless you're off-mark or the enemy moved, there should be no reason for you to miss.

TL;DR
The bullet will trace the surface your reticule was sitting on when you fire the shot. Depending on your range from the target, and the targets background, it might seem like the bullet traces far off-target. 

I had this issue time to time, especially at long range. 

Charged light indicator is also kind of strange. If Lanka is charged and you zoom without shooting, you can actually step aside from charged light indicator, so that you can't see it anymore. Or in worst case it will be in front of your zoomed view.

Edited by Voidflow