Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The search bar needs to go.

Tekkarath

The search bar in the mission complete screen is completely unnecessary, all it does is prevent me from opening the chat window at the end of match.  By the time I've realized I've been typing my message in the search bar it's too late and everyone has left squad or the loading screen is at a point where it accepts no keyboard inputs.  Anyone can re-open the last mission results and pour over them at will before they start a new match, the search bar is not only not needed, but it's also a massive annoyance when trying to talk to teammates.  Almost every time I've found a decent group, the search bar prevents me from talking to them until it's too late because by the time I realize that hitting T has only put a letter in the search bar it's too late to get ahold of my mouse again and click the tiny x to prevent any more typing there, hitting esc does nothing to back out of typing in the search bar.  At the very least it needs to recognize the esc key as a 'back out of the current text box' key like it does with chat in the orbiter.  As it is, it's completely obnoxious and I can not be the only one who has realized this.

Archived