Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OV Event PC vs Console score disparity

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

I am really only focusing on the actual player scores themselves and the disparity between PC scores and Console scores. Also the event is still running for consoles so the numbers are not final. 

OV PC Leaderboard Link to leaderboard

Rank 1: 52.373 (5237 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 10: 49,649 (4964 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 1400: 32,517 (3251 Phasic Cell Reward)

OV PS Leaderboard Link to leaderboard

Rank 1: 33,238 (3323 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 10: 27,343 (2734 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 1400: 22,045 (2204 Phasic Cell Reward)

OV XB Leaderbaord Link to leaderboard

Rank 1: 52,391 (high compared to the rest of the the scores so this more than likely was an exploited run, either way 5239 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 2: 30,009 (3000 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 10: 25, 319 (2531 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 1400: 21,789 (2178 Phasic Cell Reward)

OV NSW Leaderboard Link to leaderboard

Rank 1: 23,403 (2340 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 10: 22,717 (2271 Phasic Cell Reward)

Rank 1400: 20,348 (2034 Phasic Cell Reward)

Average High Score between consoles

Average high score between consoles R1: 28,883 (2888 Phasic Cell Reward)

Average high score between consoles R10: 25,126 (2512 Phasic Cell Reward)

Average high score between consoles R1400: 21,394 (2139 Phasic Cell Reward)

Difference between Average High Scores on Console and PC

Difference between average R1 Console and PC R1: 23,490 (PC:52,373-Console:28,883) ----------------- 2349 More Phasic Cells earned

Difference between average R10 Console and PC R10: 24,523 (PC:49,649-Console:25,126) ----------------- 2452 More Phasic Cells earned

Difference between average R1400 Console and PC R1400: 11,123 (PC:32,517-Console:21,394) ----------------- 1112 More Phasic Cells earned

Was the same effort and time put into these runs over the span of the different consoles and PC?

Are PC players just that much better than Console players?

Is this event just broken for consoles in terms of how it equates the score based on the performance of our systems? 

Even though the event still has some days left in it for people to achieve higher non-exploited score runs on console, the difference between achievable scores on PC to console is fairly noticeable. Especially when it comes to the fact that for both PC and Consoles, players still only earn 1 Phasic cell per 10 Score. PC even on the lowest end is able to earn 1112 more Phasic cells on a moderate run compared to consoles. Shop prices remain the same, in spite of players on consoles not being able to earn as much as PC players in the same amount of time. 

Below even a post (See Fig. 1) from DE proves that they understand console players are not able to achieve as high of scores as PC players due to performance reasons. They graciously lowered the leaderboard score requirements for Clans, but have yet to make any changes in shop prices or the ways scores are calculated on consoles to make up the difference. Although I understand, if they lowered the shop prices, what about those who don't push for the highest score, they would get a break on the shop prices without having to put in the effort. But for those who put in the effort to achieve as high of a score as they can in the same time, the payout for effort vs PC is just not the same. 

Obviously we know that PC are the bug testers before an event drops on console, and have to deal with the frustrations and headaches of the various bugs and game breaking glitches that can often ensue and make events less than desirable to complete. But consoles also deal with their own limitations and bugs, that often times gets over looked by DE. 

It's like saying well PC can handle 100 enemy spawns and Consoles can only handle 50 enemy spawns, so we will just leave them with the same score equation, and mission requirements. 

If consoles spawn less why not make the enemy kills count as slightly more to make up for less enemy spawns compared to PC?

TLDR

Basically in regards to this event. Players who work hard on consoles and put forth the effort to achieve the highest score they can for the very same event that was presented to PC players, are not able to achieve nearly as high of consistent scores to those of PC, thus not earning as many Phasic cells. Putting in the same or equivalent effort even with premade teams, and not receiving similar compensation to their counterparts, all while having to pay the same shop prices, with the event being around for the same amount of time, regardless of bug fixes or not. 

Players have to play the event longer in order to earn the same amount of Phasic Cells to be able to max out their arcanes compared to PC. 

It is looking like console players are being ignored on this particular issue. 

BTW- I barely needed to run the event as most of my arcanes were already maxed, I am just speaking out for those who have to run the event many times to be able to max theirs out compared to what PC users had to run. 

This event certainly beats Eidolon runs for sure, but still doesn't ignore the fact of what is present. 

Figure 1

On 2021-01-21 at 4:12 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Each Orphix has an initial value of 100 points in the first Operation mission. As your fight evolves, so will the Orphix, awarding you more points at a greater difficulty. Orphix will be worth 200 points at the hardest difficulty (Endurance), and scale up from there! The higher your score, the more Phasic Cells you'll walk away with.

Try to survive for as long as you can - 36 Orphix will be the maximum amount in the Endurance mission, so once you've hit 36, it's time to extract! The first two Operation missions have a limit of 24 Orphix. Players looking to maximize their score should head to Endurance!

Phasic Cells can be earned in any Operation mission. But remember - Endurance gives the most points per Orphix, so you'll earn the most Phasic Cells there. A prepared and coordinated squad even more so! While this Operation is possible Solo, best results will come from coordinated Squads! 

CLAN LEADERBOARDS AND CLAN TROPHIES

Clan Scores are determined based on the sum of all participating members' best scores. We balanced this around about 50% member participation for Gold Tier trophies. 

Leaderboards: 

(Don't let the 'ps4' in the link confuse you! This does also include PS5 scores)

Human Readable: 

PlayStation: http://content.ps4.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenom.php
Xbox: http://content.xb1.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenom.php
Nintendo Switch: http://content.swi.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenom.php

Bot & Tool Readable: 
PlayStation: http://content.ps4.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenomJS.php
Xbox: http://content.xb1.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenomJS.php
Nintendo Switch: http://content.swi.warframe.com/dynamic/orphixVenomJS.php

Clan Tier

Terracotta

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Ghost

Shadow

Storm

Mountain

Moon

January 27 Update: We’re adjusting Operation: Orphix Venom Clan Scores!

The team agreed with this thoughtful feedback and took a second look at event scores for console Clans. Clan Scores will now be based on console-specific spawn rates! The adjustment requires a hotfix, so expect to start next week with a greeting from Red Text.

After the change goes live, your trophy path will look like this:

Clan Tier

Terracotta

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Ghost

Shadow

Storm

Mountain

Moon

February 2nd edit: 

Cross posting Megan's post from the Xbox Orphix Venom update thread here for maximum visibility. 

As we did with Operation: Orphix Venom on PC, Leaderboards have been (and will continue to be) cleansed of exploited runs.

Switch player here. I find this event the most boring of all the events we've played so far.

The amount of effort (and luck) you have to put to get a 23k run is so ridiculously high that it's not even worth it. I'm just doing speed runs, get to the spawn point, kill everything asap and move to the next. I get an average of 21.5 to 21-7k points and I'm putting zero effort.

It's not fair. It's absolutely not fair that we have to pay PC prices for the arcanes when we're getting on average half or even less the points they do in a normal run. There is zero incentive to play it in an organized way trying to maximize the points you get when the difference is barely 200 cells in the best case. When this started, I was hoping to get a bunch of arcanes to complete my collection, but to complete an arcane like energize I have to run 8 times the whole 36 orphix, that is 8 hours. Exclusively to complete one. It's a joke.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Switch player here. I find this event the most boring of all the events we've played so far.

The amount of effort (and luck) you have to put to get a 23k run is so ridiculously high that it's not even worth it. I'm just doing speed runs, get to the spawn point, kill everything asap and move to the next. I get an average of 21.5 to 21-7k points and I'm putting zero effort.

It's not fair. It's absolutely not fair that we have to pay PC prices for the arcanes when we're getting on average half or even less the points they do in a normal run. There is zero incentive to play it in an organized way trying to maximize the points you get when the difference is barely 200 cells in the best case. When this started, I was hoping to get a bunch of arcanes to complete my collection, but to complete an arcane like energize I have to run 8 times the whole 36 orphix, that is 8 hours. Exclusively to complete one. It's a joke.

Most console players who aren't on the forums or keep up with what goes on, on PC, would be none the wiser of this occurring. With 7 days left in the event for XB and PS, not sure as to NSW, I feel DE is just leaving this ignored and letting it get shoved up under the rug. But for those running the event without this information, or unaware that their time is not being valued in the same manner as PC, it is sad that this gets over looked. DE will be DE I reckon. I'm sure the event or another like it will return in the future, hopefully by then they adjust things to work properly and fairly for all players regardless of the platform. 

1 час назад, (NSW)Belaptir сказал:

It's not fair. It's absolutely not fair that we have to pay PC prices for the arcanes when we're getting on average half or even less the points they do in a normal run.

I don't want to upset you, but on a pc for an average run you get the same 20-22k points

5 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

I don't want to upset you, but on a pc for an average run you get the same 20-22k points

However, PC top players can reach up to 50k points when our top players barely reach 23k. Point is that PC players had the chance to reach higher scores. We don't. No matter how much effort you put, it's not possible for us to pass the 23k line.

6 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

Performance of NSW especially diminishes their chances of getting higher score due to less spawns and what the NSW system can handle. 

PC performance for WF is not limited unlike consoles, especially on NSW. 

An average run of 20-22k is probably a walk in the park due to more enemy spawns on PC I am assuming compared to NSW. 

The disparity is a result from the performance limitations on the different game platforms, not the players. Thus the players on limited performance platforms, like the NSW (I am still amazed by what the NSW can do) and last gen consoles are being obstructed in terms of the amount of time it takes with max effort to achieve the same outcome vs PC players and the amount of effort they had to put in. 

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

However, PC top players can reach up to 50k points when our top players barely reach 23k. Point is that PC players had the chance to reach higher scores. We don't. No matter how much effort you put, it's not possible for us to pass the 23k line.

Side note, I actually just got a NSW Lite the other day and downloaded and created another WF account to play on NSW. I am amazed this little console can run WF, when sometimes it feels my  first gen XB1 can barely run it. 

Just now, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Side note, I actually just got a NSW Lite the other day and downloaded and created another WF account to play on NSW. I am amazed this little console can run WF, when sometimes it feels my  first gen XB1 can barely run it. 

It is amazing indeed that the Switch can run this game as well as it runs. No doubt. I've been playing it since launch on NSW and I can tell you the amount of work they put in the port. I still remember during the first months you couldn't do a tricap without your framerate dropping to single digits.

Back to the topic, it's as you say. To get 21.5k points I need to speedrun the whole thing. That means killing every orphix in less than 30 seconds (if possible, not always the game will let you), because ironically, you get more points by not having an active orphix than by farming sentients due to the low spawn rate.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It is amazing indeed that the Switch can run this game as well as it runs. No doubt. I've been playing it since launch on NSW and I can tell you the amount of work they put in the port. I still remember during the first months you couldn't do a tricap without your framerate dropping to single digits.

Back to the topic, it's as you say. To get 21.5k points I need to speedrun the whole thing. That means killing every orphix in less than 30 seconds (if possible, not always the game will let you), because ironically, you get more points by not having an active orphix than by farming sentients due to the low spawn rate.

Maybe if they limited how many sentients (make them slightly harder to kill) can spawn per Orphix regardless of platform, but remove the Orphix cap and not call it "endless" because it really isn't endless and just give players a mission timer of 1 hour, that could promote a even playing field and potential for all platforms to be able to achieve the same scores. Then it would just depend on how quickly the teams could defeat an Orphix rather than juggling keeping it alive long enough to stack up sentient kills, before the next one spawns. 

Or not limit the sentient spawns, but remove their score for getting sentient kills, and removing the 36 caps for the Orphix and giving players the potential to get as many Orphix kills they can get in one hour. The score for Orphix kills would have to be adjusted, or the shop item prices. But even then there is going to probably be some performance roadblock for the systems. I don't remember this being as big of an issue during Scarlet Spear, except the fact there were more space crews than ground because space crews earned more points faster than ground. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Maybe if they limited how many sentients (make them slightly harder to kill) can spawn per Orphix regardless of platform, but remove the Orphix cap and not call it "endless" because it really isn't endless and just give players a mission timer of 1 hour, that could promote a even playing field and potential for all platforms to be able to achieve the same scores. Then it would just depend on how quickly the teams could defeat an Orphix rather than juggling keeping it alive long enough to stack up sentient kills, before the next one spawns. 

Or just double the points each sentient gives. That way, you'll encourage people to actually play the game and not to just wait for spawn, kill asap, run to the next spawn, rinse and repeat. I've tried a run where we had a timer, we kept two orphix alive each time... We did everything in our hand to maximize the run. And we ended with 21.4k. It was a lot of fun, because there was actually some challenge, we had to keep an eye on the timer, communicate to kill when it was the time, positionate ourselves strategically... And all to end with the same amount of points than you'd do by just running mindlessly and killing each orhpix as soon as it spawns.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Or just double the points each sentient gives. That way, you'll encourage people to actually play the game and not to just wait for spawn, kill asap, run to the next spawn, rinse and repeat. I've tried a run where we had a timer, we kept two orphix alive each time... We did everything in our hand to maximize the run. And we ended with 21.4k. It was a lot of fun, because there was actually some challenge, we had to keep an eye on the timer, communicate to kill when it was the time, positionate ourselves strategically... And all to end with the same amount of points than you'd do by just running mindlessly and killing each orhpix as soon as it spawns.

Maybe for the next OV or Scarlet Spear type of event DE will have these kinds of details ironed out. But with the little amount of time left in the event, i doubt they would make any changes. How many days until the event is over on NSW, it is 7 days on XB1

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Maybe for the next OV or Scarlet Spear type of event DE will have these kinds of details ironed out. But with the little amount of time left in the event, i doubt they would make any changes. How many days until the event is over on NSW, it is 7 days on XB1

Same time on NSW. I've given up a while ago and now I just do carry runs for my lower mr clan mates if they don't have a mech and want to get at least the basmu or the ceti lacera.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Same time on NSW. I've given up a while ago and now I just do carry runs for my lower mr clan mates if they don't have a mech and want to get at least the basmu or the ceti lacera.

My clan and alliance was running the event hard the first week and a half, then they just stopped. I pretty much maxed out the remaining misc arcanes I wanted to get in one day since I did a ton of scarlet spear back last year. 

When or if we get Cross-save,Cross-play, Account migration or whatever I am definitely going to be playing on the NSW a lot more.  It feels weird starting over after almost 7 years on xbox, but it helps that I need no tutorial on what to do to get started and what items and such not to waste my time upon. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing so far, it is just going to take me a little while to get used to the button layout since it is slightly different than my Xbox controller. I heard you can connect an Xbox controller to NSW somehow so I may look into that.

1 час назад, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK сказал:

An average run of 20-22k is probably a walk in the park due to more enemy spawns on PC I am assuming compared to NSW.

an average run for 20k points on pc is the same as ->

Цитата

I'm just doing speed runs, get to the spawn point, kill everything asap and move to the next. I get an average of 21.5 to 21-7k points and I'm putting zero effort.

15 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

an average run for 20k points on pc is the same as ->

Average speed runs should be about the same (outside of killing sentient spawns), since the Orphix spawn times are all the same, if players are only purely focusing on killing the orphix and not all the sentient spawns. Speed runs are lax effort compared to the high effort sentient kill runs to achieve a higher than average score.  That is where there is much disparity. Even with high/max effort in terms of achieving a high score, console players cannot achieve the same scores with the same amount of effort since there are less spawns. Now in terms of being on Par with eachother a purely orphix kill oriented speed run (which appears to be what most are running towards the end of the event) should in theory result in similar scores among the consoles and PC, but outside of that, the scores differ. 

Outside of shooting for the leaderboards, the console and PC are probably on similar playing field, but in terms of what SHOULD be achievable vs what IS achievable on consoles is just vastly different than PC. 

Also why would DE reduce the leaderboard score requirements (for clans) by half for consoles, if there wasn't any disparity in the scores? 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

My clan and alliance was running the event hard the first week and a half, then they just stopped. I pretty much maxed out the remaining misc arcanes I wanted to get in one day since I did a ton of scarlet spear back last year. 

When or if we get Cross-save,Cross-play, Account migration or whatever I am definitely going to be playing on the NSW a lot more.  It feels weird starting over after almost 7 years on xbox, but it helps that I need no tutorial on what to do to get started and what items and such not to waste my time upon. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing so far, it is just going to take me a little while to get used to the button layout since it is slightly different than my Xbox controller. I heard you can connect an Xbox controller to NSW somehow so I may look into that.

You can even remap the buttons on switch so they are the same than on Xbox. Not just talking about the game itself, but the system options let you remap the controller! So you can just "switch" the buttons to make them the same as they are on xbox

Archived